Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Pilotwings for SNES, need some thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-01, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Pilotwings for SNES, need some thoughts

I have this for the 64 and enjoy it very much. Nice calming game to have fun with. So, I was thinking of picking up pilotwings for the SNES. Anyone have it, and if so, how good is it? Can anyone compare it to the 64 version? Are the challenges, maps, etc the same or different? Thanks.
Old 10-20-01, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, i mistook your question and thought you were asking abotu the 64 version. BIG EDIT. Sorry. I have the SNES version, and it was probably the MOST played games on my system. However as with all games it will be less detailed, and less accurate than the 64 version. My guess is that any levels youv'e played on the 64 version are rehashed version from the SNES game.

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 10-20-01 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-20-01, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Anyone confirm?

Also, same question but with Star Fox for the SNES.
Old 10-20-01, 04:21 PM

I've got that one too But once again i never played the 64 version
Old 10-20-01, 04:36 PM

I played both long ago. If I remember, Pilotwings64 has vehicles and challenges not in the SNES version, and vice verse. I enjoyed the N64 version and like it better, it has better graphics and bigger environments, and different stages (I distinctly remember Mount Rushmore). The SNES version is pretty good too, if I remember correctly there is skydiving(fun!), bi-plane, rocket pack, hangglider, and some kind of helicopter which I never got to. I'm sure there's others I can't think of right now. If you like the N64 version I think you will like the SNES version if you can find it for cheap.

Here's hoping for a Gamecube Pilotwings!

As for Starfox, I like the SNES version better than the N64. The levels are different as are the missions. Even though the graphics are more dated it has awesome music (Starfox64 music = bad bad bad) and has a better sense of speed. Hope this helps.
Old 10-20-01, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk God

That helps very much. I think I shall check them out.
Old 10-21-01, 01:04 AM

I own both Pilotwings games and I like the SNES version better. Of course the graphics aren't nearly as detailed as the N64 version and the levels are quite a bit smaller, but it's still a heck of a lot of fun to play. The SNES version also has better music, in my opinion. I certainly recommend picking it up.

I also like the SNES version of Star Fox slightly better than its 64-bit sequel. The SNES game is more challenging, has better music, and Slippy doesn't have that annoying whiny kid voice that he has in SF64. The graphics certainly show their age and there is no multiplayer option, but it also is a game I recommend, especially if you can find it cheap.