Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

List the stores we can go to release day (Nov 18) to get a Gamecube <NO BUNDLES!>

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

List the stores we can go to release day (Nov 18) to get a Gamecube <NO BUNDLES!>

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-01, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not buying one of those stupid bundles. I don't want three games, and I don't want some of the stores (eb) trying to pass me a 3rd party joystick with it either.

Does anyone know where we can show up at release day and get a Gamecube?

Once again Nintendo's marketing leaves something to be desired, so every store I go to like, TRU, KB, etc,etc just says "I don't know if we'll have any release day"

And the stores like EB who are taking pre-orders for bundles say they will not carry JUST the system, ONLY bundles.

So let's start listing the stores that might , hopefully (long shot) have a midnight sale. Walmart?

And other stores we can show up to on Sunday and pick up a system for $199

Kmart?

Target?

TRU?

KB?

Anyone have any info?

Cheers!
Old 10-19-01, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The TRU near me is selling it Sunday, no bundle, but YMMV. Some stores have taken pre-orders, so you'd have to call around in your area.
Old 10-19-01, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"YMMV" ?

What is that?

--Anyone know if the wirless 'RF' controller will be coming out on the 18th as well?

The "Wavebird" I think it's called?
Old 10-19-01, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry, "Your Mileage May Vary". And according to cube.ign, the Wavebird will not be available at launch.
Old 10-20-01, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

good idea for a thread

this will help me make my plan for sunday mornign

come on people

im at college w/o a car

HELP HELP!
Old 10-20-01, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
KBToys will only be selling bundles, and may or may not start taking preorders for the bundles a couple weeks before launch.
Old 10-21-01, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmm..

the workers at the KB's near me, were CLUELESS. They gave my favorite answer "I don't know.... check back in a few weeks"

How did you hear they were only selling bundles?

Anyone have info on KMART or WALMART

I am HOPING for Walmart, so I can go at midnight on Saturday the 17th

Come on people. Keep the ideas coming!

Cheers!

Last edited by Sominex; 10-21-01 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-21-01, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yes good idea for a thread! I finally got time to head down over to the mall and see what I've been missing and you people are right, there isn't much in terms of launch information for any system(here in Michigan anyway). Here's what I found out:

Target:
No bundles, system $199, games $49.95

Best Buy:
No bundles, sytem $199, games $49.95(I'll probably be getting mine here as they usually get the most:

Kmart:
No bundles, system $199, games $49.99

KBtoys:
I didn't check but they did sell PS2 bundles last year I think.

Amazon:
Bundles Only

Thats all I found out so far, I didn't really go that many places because I've got a 15 page lab write-up tonight. I'm willing to bet Walmart will NOT have bundles as they are almost identical to Target (are they owned by the same parent company?).

Haven't had the chance to check Toys R Us, Sears, or JC Penny. I'm guessing next weekend the stores will start advertising more and putting up pricing (it hasn't been in any sunday ads yet). I'll try and post whatever I find out as soon as I hear it here. If you find out that the stores are doing something different in your area please post! Next week or the week after there will be more info I'm sure.
Old 10-21-01, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

minor update

Kmart paper had the "Preview GameCube CD ROM" in their flyer today

I went and spoke with to of the Kmart idiots and neither of them had any clue, and told me to "Check back in a week"

But....

both Best Buy -AND- Kmart adds, said "Gamecbue available November 18th"

So, hopefully....

Anyone else have any leads?

I feel like Nintendo is just doing very very bad with advertising. granted... no matter what anyone says. Hardware and performance wise, it is THE BEST system.

Sure it cannot play CD's and DVD's.. but uh, I already have a dvd and cd player. And for the best performing and strongest system, at the LOWEST price...

I just can't see why Nintendo isn't jumping all over this!

Why aren't they advertising more?

And what is up with "Bundle" conspiracy???

Cheers!
Old 10-21-01, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Outlaw!

Great Find!!

+++++++++++
Target:
No bundles, system $199, games $49.95

Best Buy:
No bundles, sytem $199, games $49.95(I'll probably be getting mine here as they usually get the most:

Kmart:
No bundles, system $199, games $49.99

KBtoys:
I didn't check but they did sell PS2 bundles last year I think.

Amazon:
Bundles Only
+++++++++++

THANK GOD more places are offering system only and no stupid bundles!

Where did you get yout Target info?

I am wondering how many units each store will get on the 18th (release day)

I sense, even with Nintendos lack of good advertising... (or maybe some yet to come) it will STILL be a battle to get one of these on the 18th

And, I am glad you like the thread! :-)
Old 10-21-01, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone get one of the free copies of the "Nintendo GameCube Preview Promo Mini-Disc CD " ??
Old 10-22-01, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

very good info

now about the gamecube coming out early on xbox launch date
wtf is that
Old 10-22-01, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by Sominex

Where did you get yout Target info?

I am wondering how many units each store will get on the 18th (release day)

I sense, even with Nintendos lack of good advertising... (or maybe some yet to come) it will STILL be a battle to get one of these on the 18th

Whoops, sorry I didn't see the question about target in there first time I read it. I asked the girl who was working in the game electronics department and she said she hasn't heard any plans to bundle the system with anything else (this was B&M). I'm still gonna check next week or after to see if they hold true to this. So I can be sure. She didnt know how many units they were getting though.

As the release approaches the retailers should be getting more information on whats up, and I'll be making more of a serious effort checking stores to schedule a plan of attack

As for it being released early, I'm not sure how to know other than making friends with the workers. Nintendojo.com usually gives the heads up games and systems are sold early, but I can't get in for some reason.
Old 10-24-01, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BUMP
------

Not many people are "thrilled" about the gamecube it would seem...

Anyone else have any leads?

I am dying to get one on release day that is NOT a bundle!!!

Every time i see the preview for "Rouge Leader" I want it more!
Old 10-24-01, 11:40 AM

So nobody has any word from walmart??

I have a freind seeking my help on getting a Gamecube. He's not that hardpressed for getting one five minutes before everyone else, but the sooner the better is smart with christmas so soon.

Do you think there will be any DEALS on the system...maybe Bestbuy could float around a 10% off coupon that week or something...

So Any word on COMPUSA, WALMART, SEARS, CIRCUIT CITY?
Old 10-25-01, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
So nobody has any word from walmart??

I have a freind seeking my help on getting a Gamecube. He's not that hardpressed for getting one five minutes before everyone else, but the sooner the better is smart with christmas so soon.

Do you think there will be any DEALS on the system...maybe Bestbuy could float around a 10% off coupon that week or something...

So Any word on COMPUSA, WALMART, SEARS, CIRCUIT CITY?
I believe that Best Buy does not allow their coupons to be used on game consoles.

BTW, is it my imagination, or did the K-mart ad announcing the Gamecube say that they would have a minimum of 75 per store?
Old 10-25-01, 09:30 PM

What I'm really worried about is stores breaking the release date. Why, you ask? Why don't I want my Gamecube early? Well, I'm afraid that if stores start selling it early, I won't find out about it, and then by the time I do, they'll be all gone!!!

*calms down*

So, uh, I hope that doesn't happen.

I'm also trying to find out if my local Wal-Marts will stay open 'till midnight to sell it. I don't even want to bother, though. It's not like the employees will know.
Old 10-25-01, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Soybean

I'm also trying to find out if my local Wal-Marts will stay open 'till midnight to sell it. I don't even want to bother, though. It's not like the employees will know.
Gosh.. i know EXACTLY what you mean.. i am sick of idiot, unhelpful Customer Service in stores...

----------------------------

Originally posted by silentbob007

I believe that Best Buy does not allow their coupons to be used on game consoles.

BTW, is it my imagination, or did the K-mart ad announcing the Gamecube say that they would have a minimum of 75 per store?

No, the K-Mart add was referring to the "GameCube promo cd-rom disc", unfotunately
Old 10-26-01, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Toys 'R' Us here in norhtern DE, said no midnight sale, and no pre-orders.

The guys (who actually seems to know what he was talking about for once) said they will msot likely just have them stacked up in the video game section and they will be handing them out to people first come, first serve on release day.

-----------------

Maybe there will a TON of these on release day, and we really won't have a problem getting one? I hope Nintendo has that objective in mind

cheers!
Old 10-26-01, 06:35 PM
Retired

KB isn't doing any preorders and should have them on launch. They took my name and number and said they'd call me when they came it. So hopefully they'll call if I don't find one somewhere else first. My local KB is pretty good about breaking launch, I wouldn't be shocked if I got a call on Fri. or Sat. before the Sun. launch.
Old 10-26-01, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Soybean
What I'm really worried about is stores breaking the release date. Why, you ask? Why don't I want my Gamecube early? Well, I'm afraid that if stores start selling it early, I won't find out about it, and then by the time I do, they'll be all gone!!!

*calms down*

So, uh, I hope that doesn't happen.

i hear that man
i wake up at night screaming about that
lol

anyways
i went to my friendly walmart yesterday - you guys might find this very interesting. I talked to one of the video game section dudes.
He said that they will be selling gamecubes as soon as they recieve them. He said that maybe wensday, thursday or whateva
2ndly he said they would be recieving about 40 cubes
and the xbox shipment they were to recieve got cut in half. (maybe bad news for xboxers )

3rd the shipments come in to the store from 12-3 in the afternoon
so i might have to hang out there those 3 days
we will see what happens

now this maybe location specific and im not going to tell the location so i dont help out anybody who might be competing with me for gamecubes

hehe

i hope this helps fellas
Old 10-27-01, 08:29 PM

Our walmarts are open 24 hours a day here, (its KY.. i mean come on..) BUT they are also stocked with grossly incompotent boobs... SO I'm wondering they'll put the Cube out at midnight, or around thursday...
Old 10-27-01, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the dude told me that as soon as the shipments are processed
12-3 everyday
the cubes will be out on the floor

im scared
Old 10-27-01, 10:05 PM

I'm just gonna spend the night out in front of TRU and get mine when they open..then ill come home and cancel my crappy amazon bundle...
Old 10-28-01, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Our walmarts are open 24 hours a day here, (its KY.. i mean come on..) BUT they are also stocked with grossly incompotent boobs... SO I'm wondering they'll put the Cube out at midnight, or around thursday...

I am in the EXACT situation with my Walmart and their "boobs" here in Delaware

Some news RE"BestBuy

One of the workers said if there is a line early in the morning on Sunday for a Gamecbue, they will come out a ticket for every gamecube they have, to as many people in line until they reach the limit. They will then tell everyone in line to come back a certain time, and when they show back up with their ticket, they are guaranteed with a gamecbue.

He said this would ALL take place before the store opens for regular hours

Anyone hear this from other bestbuys?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.