Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Isn't there a redone version of the old wolfenstein?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-01, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I d/l'ed the redone version of Doom-jDoom, and I thought I saw somewhere along the way that there was also one of Wolfenstein. Is this true or am I just high on crack again?
Old 09-25-01, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe crack.

when doom came out, there was a lot of customizing you could do with the games map making process, and they did infact do a wolf 3-d homage in the game and placed a level of wolfenstien in there as a "EASTER EGG"
Old 09-25-01, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Actually, there's a brand new version of Wolfenstein coming out...Return To Castle Wolfenstein. All new multiplayer stuff to it, looks really nice too.

I have a question for you now, is jDoom somewhat akin to an add on? Do you have to download a full version of Doom or Doom II to get it to work?

Last edited by Lampei; 09-25-01 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-25-01, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Lampei
Actually, there's a brand new version of Wolfenstein coming out...Return To Castle Wolfenstein. All new multiplayer stuff to it, looks really nice too.

I have a question for you now, is jDoom somewhat akin to an add on? Do you have to download a full version of Doom or Doom II to get it to work?
I'm sure he is aware of the soon to come Return to castle wolfenstien, but he was trying to see if there was a re-done version of the original

and might i add, there was Spear of Destiny, which was part 2 of wolfenstein that not many people really got into, or just summed it up as being part of the first one. the graphics were much the same and it came out before FPS looked better. but the hidden levels in doom are there.
Old 09-25-01, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did anyone ever play Barneystein?
Old 09-25-01, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by tor_greg
Did anyone ever play Barneystein?

You can't count ow many times i played this one.

Man, i miss classic doom games.
Old 09-25-01, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The source code to the original Wolfenstein 3D was released and I thought I remember someone doing a OpenGL port of it, but I can't quite remember right now.

Edit: A quick search brought me to this link which has some information.

http://wolfgl.narod.ru/links.htm

Last edited by mtucker; 09-25-01 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-25-01, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone remember the original Wolfenstein for the Comodore 64? Finding the right room to set the bomb in and then racing out before everything blew up was very cool.
Old 09-26-01, 05:03 PM

Thanks for all the help- WlofGL was what I was thinking of. The website for jDoom is www.jdoom.newdoom.com . I did download the map test for RTCW also, it was pretty good-at least for strictly a test- a lot nicer than the DoD map which is similar. I think I will be interested in RTCW mostly for the singleplayer though (it will be too hard to quit Counter Strike-especially considering Condition Zero will be coming out).
Old 09-27-01, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by bulletproof
Thanks for all the help- WlofGL was what I was thinking of. The website for jDoom is www.jdoom.newdoom.com . I did download the map test for RTCW also, it was pretty good-at least for strictly a test- a lot nicer than the DoD map which is similar. I think I will be interested in RTCW mostly for the singleplayer though (it will be too hard to quit Counter Strike-especially considering Condition Zero will be coming out).

why stop one game? play both.
Old 10-10-01, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Any word on when RTCW is due out? This is great news, as I too miss the old Wolf and Doom-like games.
Old 10-10-01, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
Originally posted by Toad
Any word on when RTCW is due out? This is great news, as I too miss the old Wolf and Doom-like games.
I heard it's supposed to be released next month. You can, of course, download the Multiplayer Test already, which features one multiplayer level. It's pretty fun to play for a while.
Old 10-10-01, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The map already out is just kick ass!! the only problem.. you need atleast 4 people on your team if you want to enjoy the game. the flame effect just rules.
Old 10-10-01, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had a version of Castle Wolfenstein for my old Atari Jaguar. They also had a great version of Doom & Alien Vs. Predator years before it (AvP) came onto other systems. The graphics were great, but the system never took off. Too bad, it was the best at the time & probably killed Atari making other systems.
Old 10-14-01, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
There's also this - it might be what you're thinking of:

http://www.doomworld.com/wolfendoom/index.shtml
Old 10-14-01, 06:29 PM

It wasn't, but that looks pretty good!
Old 10-14-01, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I'd love to try the MP test but so far it crashes my computer whenever I try to play -- when I click on the Multiplayer tab in the main menu -- forced to reboot.

Tuan Jim