Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Loyalties to the system???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-01, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loyalties to the system???

Are people loyal to game systems anymore? For instance, did you get a PS2 cause it's the best out there or because it was a sony and you only get Playstation. Will you get a game cube over the xbox and sony's new whatever cause you are a nintendo die hard and have the original, super, and 64?

Or are you a person who takes whatever he likes and will get say the xbox cause it's cool?

Just want some feedback.
Old 07-30-01, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think loyalty may have been a small factor in me getting PS2 (I had PSx). But I just don't enjoy the games that Nintendo has to offer and X-Box looks like a console for PC gamers. PS2 had my favorite types of games. To be honest, I think getting PS2 was more me being loyal to Square, not Sony. Of course, that loyalty has been well earned. So if Square decided that they wanted to put games on other systems, I would definitely research what system I would enjoy the most, my past purchases not affecting the decision. It's more of loyalty to game developers with me, not systems.
Old 07-30-01, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

After the N64 came out and 99.99991% of the games were the worst things around, I became totally loyal to never buying a nintendo product again.
Old 07-30-01, 06:42 PM

I like Nintendo's exclusoive games. I used to play only Nintendo, but after playing SA once, I fell in love with my DC, so for me, it's really the games that matter (the ONLY initial reason for geting my DC was for Sa1)
Old 07-30-01, 07:20 PM
Banned

All of nintendo 64's games are not bad.
diffiently not 99.999991%. It STILL has
the best multiplayer games out!
Goldeneye , TWINE , Mario Party 1-3
Mario Tennis , Dr Mario , Super Smash Bros!
Mario Kart!
N64 still rules multiplayer games and
everyone knows it.
People say they are Loyalty to a system
but then go and trade in there PSX for
$30 to buy a PS2 which is stupid. My friend
just traded in his DC for $40 even tho he says
he likes Sega. If your
Loyal to a system then you should keep
the former systems because of the quality
games it has.
I still have my NES, SNES, N64, GB GBC, Virtual Boy!
SMS, Genisis, 32x SegaCD, Saturn, DC
Atari 2600 and PSX
Old 07-30-01, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gamers play games, not hardware.
Old 07-30-01, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,805 Likes on 1,127 Posts
I bought psx2 because I liked what I saw and I knew Sega would leave me wanting.

I was VERY loyal to SONY then DREAMCAST came out. SEGA dropped DC so I went back to SONY and I will remain with them until they piss me off.

What I don't understand is the loyalty to SEGA.....I mean, I used to be that way with them then I realized their "MO" of "release and drop" where gamesystems were concerned. It left me with a bunch of systems with lame assed games and no future.
Old 07-31-01, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
as far as being loyal- I have had a PS for a while and am happy with it. I will buy a PS2 in another month or two and then sell or give away my PS unit as long as all my games play well on the PS2. I will also get rid of my second DVD player and use the PS2 as my second player.

Nintendo is too child oriented to make me buy their games. i know they have a few non Kiddie games but most are so I just can not support it. I hope they do well since I do think it is great to have some competition.

Xbox- microsoft is just not to be trusted. Their new registration system for Windows XP tells you how much they want to control how you use their software. I will not give them money whenever I have a choice. They are not an option. I would just play PC games rather than buy a console from them. I hope they flop big time.
Old 07-31-01, 02:25 AM
Cool New Member

I'm loyal to whoever has the games I want to play. Nintendo has always had their first and second party games that I want. Sony has the third party stuff I want. The XBox will also get a lot of the same third party stuff, but as was stated above there will be no Square or GT3 so I'll happily hand my money to Sony and Nintendo.