Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is great!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is great!

Old 06-07-01, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got it today. From all the talk, I was expecting it to be really hard to see, but it's fine. Plays just like the Symphony of the Night game on Playstation. Woo hoo!
Old 06-07-01, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You lucky bastard! I still have a few more days to wait until I can battle Dracula again!
Old 06-07-01, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't wait to play this game. Glad to hear you like it.
Old 06-07-01, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ooooooooh I hate you. Where did you find it praytell?
Old 06-07-01, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Thunderball
ooooooooh I hate you. Where did you find it praytell?
Gamestop. They got pretty much every game due out on release except for the Nintendo releases (Mario Advance, whatever else they're bringing out).
Old 06-08-01, 10:20 AM
Retired

This is the one game that makes me wish I had the money to get a GBA. Symphony of the Night is one of my all time favorites, and easily my favorite Playstation.
Old 06-08-01, 01:58 PM

Did you order it from them via the web (I assume)? I picked it up at EB today, pretty good so far but I haven't had much chance to play it. I am hoping the Namco classics also comes out today!
Old 06-08-01, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RCL66
Did you order it from them via the web (I assume)? I picked it up at EB today, pretty good so far but I haven't had much chance to play it. I am hoping the Namco classics also comes out today!
I got it at a Gamestop store. They had Namco ($29.99) when I got Castlevania (as I said, they had EVERYTHING due out except Nintendo's stuff).
Old 06-08-01, 11:41 PM

Man this game is seriously pissing me off.. It's HARD. The save points are far between so far and I get a ton of items and a few level ups, head for the save point and die before I get there. I had to restart like 3 times after the first save because I never made it to a second save point. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-01, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My local EB had extras of all the 3rd party stuff to buy.

The only thing they didn't have in abundance was the Nintendo stuff (but they did promise me that they would receive enough to cover pre-orders)
Old 06-09-01, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Speaking of Castlevania....

how can you have a Castlevania thread without me replying? Although I've yet to get Castlevania for my GBA I did buy the first game of Konami's Castlevania Chronicles. Akumajyo Dracula. This game is great...it's not Symphony of The Night but im having a great time playing it. And by the way. I'll be sure to post my reactions to Final Fight One on GBA once I get it next friday. until the my fellow Vampire killers slay on!

Another random post from your friendly neighborhood zero
Old 06-13-01, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

how do u beat the 1st boss, the flying dragon or something like that???the one where he rise the rock underneath the ground???this game need light really bad since it's really dark n hard to c.

btw when will final fight 1 comes out???that is a good game..is metroid coming out any time soon for the GBA
Old 06-13-01, 04:32 PM

Originally posted by the_dude8
how do u beat the 1st boss, the flying dragon or something like that???the one where he rise the rock underneath the ground???this game need light really bad since it's really dark n hard to c.

btw when will final fight 1 comes out???that is a good game..is metroid coming out any time soon for the GBA
I though the same thing, but he is not a boss... the first boss is a 3 headed dog. For the flying guy, you just need to time your jumps to make it over the rocks in the ground, and then hit him then...
Old 06-14-01, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Just finished beating the second boss and now I have the tackle attack. So I can break through blocks and open up more of the castle. This game is freaking incredible. Worth the price of a GBA all by itself. I was going to play it for 10 minutes and I ended up playing it for two straight hours. Every one must get this game. Its just as good as SOTN if not better.
Old 06-14-01, 11:02 AM
Retired

I love it as well. The reviews for this game convinced me to get a GBA even though I really couldn't afford it. SOTN is easily one of my all time favorite games, and this game is more of the same, with some knew twists. You can read my review of it in this thread.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=116337
Old 06-14-01, 11:04 AM

Does anyone know if there are supposed to be problems with SOTN and playing it on a PS2? I had it lock up on me the first time I played and the second time it worked fine.. But a friend thought they had read this was one of the games that was not compatible.. Anyone know for certain?