DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   So who got their Game Boy Advance today? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/115899-so-who-got-their-game-boy-advance-today.html)

Nosebleed 06-11-01 10:35 PM

Who got their GBA today?
What do you think of it so far?
What games did you get?
What do you think of the games?

mudkiller 06-11-01 10:46 PM

me.

it's okay.

super mario advance, castlevania - circle of the moon, tony hawk's pro skater 2.

they're okay.

:)

Jackskeleton 06-11-01 11:43 PM

I thought they came out on wednesday?

Nosebleed 06-11-01 11:52 PM

It's all f*cked up. Some places say the 11th, some say the 13th. Unfortunately for me, it's the 13th. :( Final Fight has been sitting here waiting for me to play it for a week now. :mad:

Deftones 06-11-01 11:54 PM

i think i figured the 11th/13th fiasco. since the 11th is a monday, alot of places would be hard pressed to recieve their supplies and put them out on the same day. i think most places were waiting until the 13th so that all inventory was in, and that there were no problems putting the stuff out.

Josh H 06-11-01 11:57 PM

I got mine today at KB Toys, and picked up Mario as well. I think it's awesome. The graphics are great for a handheld, probably slightly better than SNES. I'm going to dig through my old GB games and find some to do the 4 for 1 trade in deal at EB and get Castlevania and Rayman or F-Zero tomorrow.

Jackskeleton 06-11-01 11:59 PM

well best buy is the place i will be hitting up, and they advertised it for wednesday, so i'm not sweating it intill then.

:p

QuAcKeR 06-12-01 03:20 AM

Got mine today @ toys r us...

they're giving out free shoulder holsters with purchase... like the ones in the sets on Amazon... not bad since the actual case part can detatch from the rather silly shoulder strap...

the folks at toys r us told me they thought it'd be wed. before they got this stuff, so all the ads say wed, but they're only required to hold 30% of the stock till then, so the rest is on the shelf...

this is in Atlanta, but maybe others got stuff in as well.

Irish 06-12-01 06:43 AM

I got mine at Target last night. Went to Best Buy and Toys-R-Us which both said Wednesday. Target's ads said Wednesday but I went in anyway. Lo and behold there was one Arctic GBA left! He even gave me all the preorder stuff (headphones... yea, and a game carrying case). He said that preorder customers got theirs today but one of the guys started selling others so they grudgingly agreed to sell a couple on Monday and Tuesday. I only got Mario because my wife is going to get me a few games for my birthday on Friday.

BillaRockStar 06-12-01 08:27 AM

I have to wait til wed. It will be the greatest day since... i don't know but it will be super...

BartleyR7 06-12-01 01:05 PM

I went to Toys 'R Us on my lunch break and picked-up the GBA (glacier color) with some games. Not too excited about that free case they're giving out, but the coupon book has some nice deals ($5 off) within.

Come on 5:00!! :)

Hetz 06-12-01 01:14 PM

I got it today from Target. They only had 4 of them when I got it at 9AM this morning.

I also got Mario, Rayman and Castlevaina. So far, VERY COOL! Rayman has beautiful graphics, some of the best 2-D graphics I have ever seen. It's amazing that a handheld can pull this off!

packaok 06-12-01 02:26 PM

I did, I did!!!

I went out early this morning with the intention of buying the Cast Away DVD. I got to Best Buy at 9:30... Since they don't open until 10:00, I decided to check out Toys R Us. To my surprise, they had the GBA's! I bought an Arctic unit, but decided not to buy any games from them...

Then, I went to EB and traded in 4 *REALLY* old Gameboy games (original NFL game, anyone?) for Namco Museum.

Then, I went to Target and purchased Chu-Chu Rocket.

I was also in Wal*Mart and Kmart today. Nobody but TRU had the GBA's out for sale, though all had some of the games... I told the lady at Target that TRU had them for sale and she said, "doesn't the street date mean anything anymore?" Oh well, you snooze, you lose. Target lost my sale because they didn't have them out early... :)

Wazootyman 06-12-01 03:40 PM

Re: I did, I did!!!

Originally posted by packaok

Then, I went to EB and traded in 4 *REALLY* old Gameboy games (original NFL game, anyone?) for Namco Museum.

Oddly enough, I'm trading in that one also... as well as a bunch of Funco games

microdvd 06-12-01 08:28 PM

Just used the Nintendo Power $5 off coupon at Best Buy
and they applied the $20 off 3 games as well.

Final Price:

Rayman Advance $28.33
Earthworm Jim $28.33
Namco Museum $18.33

Then I went back and purchased 3 accessories and got the $15 off, unfortunately only had the only coupon. Accessories were going fast so I didn't want to wait.

Then I went to the local K-Mart and picked
up Super Mario for $23.99
and an Arctic GBA for $89.99

Josh H 06-12-01 11:42 PM

Originally posted by joshhinkle
I got mine today at KB Toys, and picked up Mario as well. I think it's awesome. The graphics are great for a handheld, probably slightly better than SNES. I'm going to dig through my old GB games and find some to do the 4 for 1 trade in deal at EB and get Castlevania and Rayman or F-Zero tomorrow.
To update I traded in some old games and got Castlevania and Rayman. I only played Rayman briefly, but the graphics are incredible. Probably better than any 2D platformer on the SNES. I've played Castlevania through the first boss, and absolutely love it. It's very much like Symphony of the Night which is one of my all time favorite games. It seems to be more difficult, and the reviews I've read say that it maintains a good level of difficulty all the way through. That was the one gripe I had about SOTN, once you got real powerfull the game was incredibly easy. All in all I'm thrilled with the GBA so far.

KnightLerxst 06-12-01 11:59 PM

Canceled my pre-order :( need new brakes.

dancinns 06-13-01 12:08 AM

Got my import yesterday with Mario. It's great and now I need to sell my spleen for Fire Pro Wrestling and Dodgeball.

the_dude8 06-13-01 03:27 PM

1.what kolor of choice did yall pick for your GBA??
my choice is the glacier one..and what accessories did you get w/ it.
2.so when will they begin to ship the pink gba??
3.what other gba games require only one game cartridge to host for a multi players, beside f-zero and supermario advance?? i know superdogde ball and funky racers by komami require each player 2 have their own game in order for multiplay.

springfield 06-14-01 01:35 PM

I picked up 2 at Toys R Us yesterday for my sons. There was no wait. THe colors we picked were Glacier and Purple. They love it. The games we got were Tony Hawk and Rayman. I had to argue with Toys R Us for them to price match it for $89.99 as per K-mart and Target and they did. The carry case is OK. It is well padded.

Can you trade in any old GB o GBC games at EB?