Dreamcast STILL puts the PS2 to shame.

Old 06-08-01, 04:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is all I have to say.
Old 06-08-01, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yup. i think that will change in the next 6 months, but for now, it's no contest.
Old 06-08-01, 07:57 AM

Well it should, considering the PS2 isn't all THAT musch more powerful; in fact, in terms of power, they're actually pretty close.
Old 06-08-01, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

all I know is when I play my DC (online heheh)for 6 hrs straight or more and am in the mood for a DVD afterward I don't have to tax my console further, I can use a DVD player with superior picture and sound to the software based PS2 dvd player.
Also when is the last time a PS2 gamer played online
Answer never!!! BWAHAHAHA
Old 06-08-01, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used to think that before, then I played Red Faction, Atv, Fifa, and Tiger Woods.

Now I think they're neck and neck.
Old 06-08-01, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Apocrypha

Also when is the last time a PS2 gamer played online
Answer never!!! BWAHAHAHA
When is the last time a Dc gamer played a good game of Soccer or golf?

But I still love my DC.
Old 06-08-01, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I know very few DC gamers that have played online either. However, I will agree that the DC still has the lead and probably will for most of this year.
Old 06-08-01, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,027 Likes on 4,115 Posts
Well, if you're happy having a doomed system with less than half the processing power and a life expectancy only slightly greater than Timothy McVeigh, then congratulations. I prefer a system that will still be publishing games in twelve months, thank you. The X-box or Gamecube might blow it away, but don't tell me that the DC (dead console) puts the PS2 to shame; it's laughable.
Old 06-08-01, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Decker
Well, if you're happy having a doomed system with less than half the processing power and a life expectancy only slightly greater than Timothy McVeigh, then congratulations. I prefer a system that will still be publishing games in twelve months, thank you. The X-box or Gamecube might blow it away, but don't tell me that the DC (dead console) puts the PS2 to shame; it's laughable.

i think you're just in denial. the thread reads dc STILL puts ps2 to shame, it doesn't say it will ALWAYS and FOREVER put ps2 to shame. you cannot deny that ps2 does not have many good games out there right now. as of now, i would say dc is a tons more fun to play. ofcourse in the future ps2 will do better, i don't think anyone can deny that. but as of now, dc is a lot more fun to play. and not to mention the price difference. so i'm sorry that a system $200 cheaper is doing better for now, but don't be too sour (i know i would be too ). the ps2 will be better in a few months.
Old 06-08-01, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well the DC sucked when it first came out too, the only reason it seemed like it was good was because it was the first console game system to have today's graphic power. As the games built up, it(the DC) became a great system(that died) and that is just how the PS2 is going to play out(except for the dead part)
Old 06-08-01, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,027 Likes on 4,115 Posts
Oh, if the point is "at this time, the DC is a cheaper system, with more good games, more total games and cheaper games than than the PS2 as of June 8, 2001" then I wholeheartedly agree with you (you see, I'm not REALLY in denial). I would debate that the DC "puts the PS2 to shame", and with every month there will be new games that will continue to make the PS2 an even more attractive system.
If the arguement is "That's all I have to say", well I have a problem with that logic.
Old 06-08-01, 06:40 PM
Banned

We have both systems in our household and both are good. But I like the PS2 better right now. I may be a little different, however, because I could never really get into games such as Code Veronica, Shenmue, Phantasy Star, etc.

For me, games such as Time Splitters, ATV Fury, SSX, Red Faction, FIFA 2001, Rumble Racing, Zone of the Enders, and Tekken Tag Tournament, are more fun for me to play. And in the future there will be some awesome games coming to PS2.

So -- in my opinion -- right now PS2 is slightly better FOR ME than Dreamcast, and in the future it will be MUCH better than Dreamcast. But that's just MY own opinion and experience. I've been a die hard Dreamcast supporter since it came out, but now the PS2 takes a slight lead.
Old 06-09-01, 01:49 AM

ricwhite-
wow your taste in games exactly like mine, it sounds bad but I dont like games where you have to solve puzzles and read lots of text, i just play games to have fun, not get all frustrated and involved in a plot. Dreamcast has way more of those types of games than PS2. just look at Confidential Mission, or crazy taxi, or any of the fighting games, and the sports games rule for the most part, plus ya can play em on line yee haw. Now i must go hug my dreamcast.
Old 06-09-01, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Zero's DC/PS2 reply

Ok people, I get into this argument everytime someone rents at my store. I get these snobby wanna-be-hardcore gamers claim they know it all because they own a Ps2. When I go down the list of my systems, and tell them how I own both import and domestic verions of a few of my DC titles. They look at me like im there new savior, or I just taught them something.Im not saying Ps2 owners are posers but the few who rent form me need to learn a thing or to before they even TRY to talk games to me. Truth of the matter is although I own a DC and as of right now it's hooked to my computer monitor (once you play Calibur on your monitor you will NOT go back!) I'm having the time of my life. I also want a PS2 for a few games I got play at E3

Devil May Cry
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
Resident Evil Code Veronica X 5th Anniversary Ed.
Capcom VS SNK 2

Am I going to far to keep up with new releases? maybe But come one people I own two Sega Saturns! (one import and one domestic..talk about a dead system...but you gotta love those imports!) All in all right now it's a great time to own a Dreamcast, and to be a gamer in general. We could stay up all night arguing over which system will you still be playing in 2002. But I wont argue. For as far as Im concerned come let's say......July 4th 2005 I know for sure I'll still be playing Marvel VS Capcom 2 on my DC. Im never one to tell someone the system they own is a bad one, but then again....I laughed at some guy putting down money for an X-Box...but that's another thread.
Old 06-09-01, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Considering I just finished playing Star Control 2 on the 3DO for two hours today, I will definitely say that no system ever really dies in my house. The SNES and Genesis have not been played in awhile, but the GBA is really getting me in the mood for some 16 bit gaming. The PS2 is the future, but there is no way the DC will ever die in my eyes. I have too many great DC games to ever stop playing it.