only surpassed by their enthusiasm and it appears that
Acclaim has delivered a real winner to retail."

Pete Roithmayr, VP at Electronics Boutique, added,
"Crazy Taxi has been our #1 PlayStation 2 title since
its release."
Old 06-05-01, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somebody said this before and they said something pretty ironic, basically asking why a $20 on a $100 system gets outbought by a $50 game on a $300. I'll try to find the quote, but it's very very true.
Old 06-05-01, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least it shows that people still have SOME taste.. then again maybe not..
Old 06-05-01, 04:55 PM

Damn, Sega couldn't give these away for the Dreamcast....ugh. Poor Sega.
Old 06-05-01, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Actually this game sold very well on the Dreamcast, by Dreamcast standards of course. Amazing how many people wanted Dreamcast games, but wouldn't spend a lousy $100 to buy one.
Old 06-05-01, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Remember those screen shots of Crazy taxi where the Dream cast version actually looked better then the PS2 version.

PS2 could have all of the first one they want. I am very very VERY happy with the new york counterpart Crazy Taxi 2
Old 06-05-01, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, I'm surprise this did so well with it being on DC for so long now. That and Twisted Metal Black should pick the PS2 up quite nicely for this month. I'm beginning to become happy with my PS2.
Old 06-05-01, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My DC hooked up through VGA in high-res on my HDTV pisses all over the PS2 version!
Plus we have Crazy Taxi 2!

PS2

[Edited by Nosebleed on 06-05-01 at 07:46 PM]
Old 06-05-01, 10:22 PM
Banned

PS2 just released Crazy Taxi?
When the hell are they releasing Crazy Taxi 2? In the year 2005?

Sega Dreamcast forever! Going on play Crazy Taxi 2 right now.
Old 06-06-01, 03:04 AM

$20 Dreamcast games for $50 on PS2. I think it would end up being cheaper to own both systems rather then buying DC games to play on a PS2. With the savings on 4 games you could get a DC System, a memory card, and 2 games(one of which will probably be released at $50 on PS2)- Dreamcast Sonic Bundle. You could save even more by just getting a DC first which will allow you to enjoy some of the best current and future DC I mean PS2 games while waiting for the PS2 price drop.

Old 06-06-01, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
What kind of game is crazy taxi?

BothanSpy
Old 06-06-01, 07:12 AM

I don't see why Crazy Taxi sells well for either system. The game gets old REAL FAST.

GT3 looks like the game to play. When is that being released for Dreamcast??? Oops, nevermind.
Old 06-06-01, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by elias
I don't see why Crazy Taxi sells well for either system. The game gets old REAL FAST.

GT3 looks like the game to play. When is that being released for Dreamcast??? Oops, nevermind.
Different strokes for different folks. Some people (like myself) would rather play a fun, arcade style game than something more deep and "serious" like GT3. Personally, I hated the GT games. Give me a taxi cab and a huge city to drive around in for 10 minutes and I'm happy.

[Edited by Nosebleed on 06-06-01 at 02:51 PM]
Old 06-06-01, 03:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nosebleed
Originally posted by Nosebleed
Originally posted by elias

Different strokes for different folks. Some people (like myself) would rather play a fun, arcade style game than something more deep and "serious" like GT3. Personally, I hated the GT games. Give me a taxi cab and a huge city to drive around in for 10 minutes and I'm happy.

Fanboys...
Old 06-06-01, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by BillaRockStar
Fanboys...
Good one! I'm a fanboy because I know what I like and that doesn't agree with what you like? I've got a PS2 AND a Dreamcast, played a lot of games on both. I know that for me, the PS2 is a piece of **** and my Dreamcast will be getting a lot more use.
Old 06-06-01, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by BillaRockStar
Fanboys...
Good one! I'm a fanboy because I know what I like and that doesn't agree with what you like? I've got a PS2 AND a Dreamcast, played a lot of games on both. I know that for me, the PS2 is a piece of **** and my Dreamcast will be getting a lot more use.
so there sre no games coming out you want on the PS2?

if so why not sell it and invest in some more DC games.
Old 06-06-01, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Call me a Fan boy, i couldn't care. But I HATED GT!!! Why? I don't want perfect logic in my games. I could never understand GT. why would i want to drive around in totally realistic car? the controls sucked. I drive like mad in my own car, I want a game i can just let loose and drive on the side walks without blowing my tires and facing a game over.

Thats what threw me off in the Final Fantasy latest series. the realistic weapons such as guns and so forth. I want something not to based on reality. Unless i am looking for that.

Now crazy taxi is just pure fun. I don't do the 10 minutes thing either. I play true arcade mode. and chances are i will be still playing my game when your 10 minutes are up. Now that is true "CRAZY" skills.

Now, i have played both PS2 and DC a great deal. My DC gets more play time then the PS2. sure i like some of the games on PS2 that will come out, MGS2, soul calibur 2, and a few more. but PS2 is not showing me all that i want. they are not all that behind it. but hey. I have both systems and there is more systems on the way, so i can be honestly say. I am looking forward for a few PS2 games, but for now. The DC gets all my attention. screw Crazy taxi 1 on ps2, i'm bustin' my crazy jumps and stuck on 1-1 on the craxy pyrmad in order to unlock the original cast in crazy taxi 2.
Old 06-06-01, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

gcribbs, there's couple games I'd like to play, Tony Hawk 3, Stuntman and Soul Calibur 2. But, with my DC and my Gameboy Advance, I can't afford the time and the money to invest into 3 systems, so I'm getting rid of one. My PS2 is up for auction on eBay right now. With that money I get for the PS2 I plan on getting WSB2K2, NHL2K2, NBA2K2, Virta Tennis 2K2, Beach Spikers and others. There's a bunch I'd like for GBA that I'll get.

jack, I agree 100%! I didn't find GT to be any fun, I like something that's not totall reality based where I can just have fun!
Old 06-06-01, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I sold my PS2 to concentrate on Gamecube and GBA for the time being. There are still some DC titles I want as well. I am sure when the PS2 drops in price in a year or so and has a bigger library I will buy it again, but for the time being nothing besides FFX interests me enough to keep it. I can always get FFX later. XBOX is barely on the radar, but if it does pan out I may pick it up next year. The DC is still the system I play the most, but I am sure the GBA will start to take over soon. I like GT, but not enough to keep an entire system for it. I don't consider myself a fanboy (I don't think there are any in this forum) of any system, but the stuff Nintendo has on the horizon and the stuff left to come for the Dreamcast has my full attention right now. Nothing wrong with people liking the PS2, but I am holding off on it at present.
Old 06-07-01, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
gcribbs, there's couple games I'd like to play, Tony Hawk 3, Stuntman and Soul Calibur 2. But, with my DC and my Gameboy Advance, I can't afford the time and the money to invest into 3 systems, so I'm getting rid of one. My PS2 is up for auction on eBay right now. With that money I get for the PS2 I plan on getting WSB2K2, NHL2K2, NBA2K2, Virta Tennis 2K2, Beach Spikers and others. There's a bunch I'd like for GBA that I'll get.

jack, I agree 100%! I didn't find GT to be any fun, I like something that's not totall reality based where I can just have fun!
this is why consoles are so tough. the games appeal to some and not to others. I see games on the PS2 i want but the DC never got me interested.

Glad you are using the money you have tied up in the ps2 to invest in games you want. if the PS2 drops who knows you might be able to buy for less. The problem you will have selling it now. is that the PS2 is available everywhere right now for 299. so the upside is smaller than a few months ago.

Good Luck
Old 06-07-01, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by gcribbs

this is why consoles are so tough. the games appeal to some and not to others. I see games on the PS2 i want but the DC never got me interested.

Glad you are using the money you have tied up in the ps2 to invest in games you want. if the PS2 drops who knows you might be able to buy for less. The problem you will have selling it now. is that the PS2 is available everywhere right now for 299. so the upside is smaller than a few months ago.

Good Luck
Thanks. It looks like I'll be able to break even selling it so I'm happy. I planned on selling it eventually but I thought now was the best time before it drops in price around the time when the GC and X-Box come out.