Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone know anything about these PS2 games (Summoner, ZOE, Onimusha, etc.)?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anyone know anything about these PS2 games (Summoner, ZOE, Onimusha, etc.)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-01, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking for some new games to purchase for PS2 at ign.com, but I just have no idea what to get. Has anyone played any of these games?

Summoner - I'm leaning towards this one. I love most of the Square RPGs I've played (FF7-9, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, PE, etc.), but I'm not sure what this one will be like.

Onimusha
Zone of the Enders - For these 2, I'm not sure how long they are. They've been said to be short. Are they worth it?

I've heard good things about DOA2, but the one game I have is Tekken Tag and I really don't want another fighting game.

or should I just wait for upcoming titles this month?

Crazy Taxi - The only problem I have with this one is that a family member who visits often has this for DC.
Dark Cloud - No idea what to expect, it looks nice though.
Red Faction - Same as Dark Cloud

Any input of ANY of these games would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-05-01, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A couple of my own recommendations......

Buy Onimusha.....have this game and love it!!!

I have Red Faction on preorder as this game simply looks incredible.

I would rent Summoner and ZOE first...my step-son has both of these titles and I could care less for them. IMHO

Dark Cloud is also a preorder which I cannot wait for...the version we will be seeing is much improved over the Japanese version...should be a very nice game.

Look out for some other titles this summer.......Extermination.....Escape From Monkey Island....Code Veronica if you do not have a Dreamcast...if you do I would not worry about this release.
Old 05-05-01, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, thanks djones. Code Veronica is another must buy for me, along with GT3 and Twisted Metal Black. Quick question about Onimusha, how long is this game? Almost every review I've read so far has said the length really hurts the game.
Old 05-05-01, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by RJainMJ
Wow, thanks djones. Code Veronica is another must buy for me, along with GT3 and Twisted Metal Black. Quick question about Onimusha, how long is this game? Almost every review I've read so far has said the length really hurts the game.

Do NOT worry about people saying this game is too short....I beat the Resident Evil games in 4-5 hours myself. That does not make them any less then what they truly are....and that is AWESOME!!!! Onimusha is a must buy.....you will enjoy this game...I would say for me...the game started off kinda slow but about a quarter to halfway through....this game picked up speed and had one hell of an ending.
Old 05-05-01, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by djones6746
Originally posted by RJainMJ

Do NOT worry about people saying this game is too short....I beat the Resident Evil games in 4-5 hours myself. That does not make them any less then what they truly are....and that is AWESOME!!!! Onimusha is a must buy.....you will enjoy this game...I would say for me...the game started off kinda slow but about a quarter to halfway through....this game picked up speed and had one hell of an ending.
Thanks for the help ... if anyone else has any other info, please post!
Old 05-06-01, 12:18 AM

Stay away from Summoner... just my opinion. The hype was heavy but the game turned out to be a dud. Felt too much like a weak PC port.

Onimusha... this game rocks... the first Good game for the PS2.

ZOE is a solid 3.5 out of 5.. a good game but lacking in playability to me... if it was longer and drawn out more, more activity when in the mecs, it would have appealed to me better. Well worth it though for the MGS2 Demo. I bought it just for that and it's well worth it.

Dark Cloud is Sony's attempt at a Zelda franchise. It looks, feels and plays just like Zelda. I'm picking this up as soon as this comes out.

Let me say this... if you haven't played GT3 yet.. find a place showing it and play it. I've been playing this game non-stop.. especially with the new Logitech racing wheel. This is the first game that will sell systems for the PS2. After the hype died and people realized the games have not been all that, this game will jolt the nervous center of people. I can not get enough of it. Go buy it in July. Preorder now.
Old 05-06-01, 08:49 PM
Banned

If you are looking to get any games cheaper than IGN, try

http://www.DVDHeadGames.com

They have ZOE for $43.99
Onimusha $44.99
The Bouncer $45.99

Even with shipping, games are under $50
Old 05-06-01, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by dklinzing
If you are looking to get any games cheaper than IGN, try

http://www.DVDHeadGames.com

They have ZOE for $43.99
Onimusha $44.99
The Bouncer $45.99

Even with shipping, games are under $50
Actually, I just posted to that link since the gaming info was there. I'm probably going to buy from Amazon since I have some GCs there. Probably Onimusha. But thanks.
Old 05-07-01, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Definitely buy Onimusha. That game rocks. If you like the resident evil games you will like it.
Old 05-08-01, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It seems like Onimusha is pretty damn good. I was thinking about that one and will order it. As soon as Amazon gets it in stock.
Old 05-09-01, 09:39 AM

I am taking all of your advice...i'm buying Onimusha...DVDEmpire has them instock now...

Thanks guys...