Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

tonight's x-files (don't click if you haven't watched it yet)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

tonight's x-files (don't click if you haven't watched it yet)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-01, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
omd....best episode of the season so far. and the best one i've seen in a long time!!!!!!!!!

knew there would be a mulder/dogett clash...but damn.

what did you guys think??

cranky.
Old 04-08-01, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I love it again!! The last few episodes have been so good, and they even brought back the shapeshifters! Can't wait to see what happens next, although I am hoping it doesn't take 3-4 more seasons.
Old 04-08-01, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The episodes are too damn short and now we've got to wait another two weeks!

Old 04-09-01, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If it wasn't for these last few episodes, I would have never been convinced to buy the boxsets!
Old 04-09-01, 02:06 AM

Yeah wow, Fox really turned this series back around. It's rare- especially for a Fox show- that one in such a decline makes such a comeback. All-in-all this season has been pretty good, and this was a really good episode.
Old 04-09-01, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by khieng
If it wasn't for these last few episodes, I would have never been convinced to buy the boxsets!
Oh man, if you think what they're airing now is good, wait until you see the first 3-4 seasons of the show. Trust me...you are going to be quite pleased Season 3 is far-and-away the best in my opinion, though others will tell you 2, and a good case can be made for either. I think the standalones in 3 are slightly better and thus push it over the top...

I fall in the "this all might be very good if I had any faith it would be followed up on and didn't believe the show was being made up as it goes along with little effort paid to making it into a cohesive arc" camp. It is impossible for me to watch the show without this bias, because I've been burned so often before...

Oh, I liked tonight's episode right up until the end with its
Spoiler:
(i) completely out-of-the-writers'-ass escape and (ii) alien bone protrusion, completely unnecessary, unrealistic (as a thing that can be successful covered up by a conspiracy), and frankly, ridiculous, especially if it turns out that Billy Miles has them.

[Edited by dave955 on 04-09-01 at 12:16 AM]
Old 04-09-01, 02:13 AM

SPOLIER QUESTION
What did the lump on the back of Dogett's fake friend's neck mean? -- is he an alien, is he an abductee, I can't seem to pinpoint its meaning and I have been watching X-Files since the show started.
Old 04-09-01, 05:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by mijang
SPOLIER QUESTION
What did the lump on the back of Dogett's fake friend's neck mean? -- is he an alien, is he an abductee, I can't seem to pinpoint its meaning and I have been watching X-Files since the show started.
Considering the guy who took Dogget hostage checked him for it I assume it the indicator of who's been "replaced". Is it just my baised against him or did Mulder seem to be an even bigger jerk/more paranoid than normal?
Old 04-09-01, 08:03 AM

Like a dumba$$ I taped the wrong channel last night, while I was watching the Sopranos, so I missed it. I still can't figure out what happened from this thread, though. I was actually looking for a spoiler.
Old 04-09-01, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by rockinphotog
Like a dumba$$ I taped the wrong channel last night, while I was watching the Sopranos, so I missed it. I still can't figure out what happened from this thread, though. I was actually looking for a spoiler.
Here's a massive spoiler :

Spoiler:

A guy going to try and talk to the president is killed because he was working for the statistics dept. who are keeping tab on some people with a specific genetic pattern and who will be replaced. The guy in jail who was keeping the abductees they found on a farm escapes and kidnaps Doggett to go to the census bureau with him to find the same information but they are stopped and he is killed in cold blood. Mulder finds the PC from the guy who is killed and his hard drive has encrypted info he wants on it pertaining to the statistics office, but he needs a password as the Gunmen can't decrypt it. Doggett talks to his source and he gives him a password, but it's all a setup to trap Mulder in the act and kill him. So basically, he gives the password to Scully (Mulder doesn't like or trust Doggett) who gives it to Mulder and he of course has to break in the compound of the USA Statistics place with the help of the Gunmen. Doggett finds out it's a setup and goes to try and help him but Mulder is all angry at him and won't believe, he is unable to get any information sent to the press as it was a setup like Doggett said, they narrowly escape from that. It ends with Doggett going to talk to his source in a somewhat showdown since he set him up, but ends up letting him go and we find out his source is an alien.

Not the best, but ruins the whole episode for you.
Old 04-09-01, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I really enjoyed last night's X-Files episode, which featured an ambulatory Fox Mulder. Let's face it, without Mulder's presence on the X-Files, this show is just a shell of its former glory. I'm looking forward to the next 5 episodes with plenty of anticipation.

Do you think they'll be giving "Rosemary's Baby" a run for its money when Scully finally gives birth?

I'm thinking Scully gives birth to Mulder (the current Mulder might be a pod person). Now wouldn't that be a mind bender.

Mulder and Frohike's hug was really funny.

I can't believe how big Scully is with the pregnancy.

Finally we see that Doggett has been fed information by a pod person.

If Duchovny doesn't come back next season, they should just shelve the X-Files, he's the heart and soul of the show, as the past 10 episodes of this season have proven out.
Old 04-09-01, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Definitly one of the better eps to come along in a while. I loved the way Mulder and Doggett played off of each other. Also, I think that Doggett does not like being played the way he was.

I believe the lump in the back of his friend's neck indicates that he is an alien who has been replaced, just like Billy Miles.
Old 04-09-01, 10:27 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pure speculation here, but I have a hunch that the black FBI director (Hirsh?) is an alien. That would explain why he's so bent against keeping Mulder of the X-files and eventually closing it. Maybe he's in charge of the invasion. It's a long shot, but I could see it happening.
Old 04-09-01, 10:29 AM
Retired

Originally posted by dave955
completely out-of-the-writers'-ass escape and (ii) alien bone protrusion, completely unnecessary, unrealistic (as a thing that can be successful covered up by a conspiracy), and frankly, ridiculous, especially if it turns out that Billy Miles has them.
I don't think it's meant to be covered up. I think the alien invasion is going to happen pretty fast, and be so large scale that it can't be covered up. The series will set it up and it will be continued in movies IMO.
Old 04-09-01, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

josh - I knew there was something I didn't like about kirsch, besides he's a dork. But at one point the smile he gave reminded me of the one that Billy Miles gave to Scully last week. You may have hit something on that one.
Old 04-09-01, 10:51 AM

I don't think Kirsh has been replaced, but he sure as hell knows about it the way he's acting. I think that seeing Mulder put a bullet in his forehead would be one of the best moves the Xfiles has taken in a long time since he is by far the biggest b*tch on the show.
Old 04-09-01, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman

I can't believe how big Scully is with the pregnancy.
I agree. She spent the entire first season not showing at all, and now suddenly she looks 8 months pregnant?

She must be giving birth to an alien, as she had the longest first trimester ever known to man.
Old 04-09-01, 11:10 AM
Banned

i thought this episode sucked.
Old 04-09-01, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree. She spent the entire first season not showing at all, and now suddenly she looks 8 months pregnant?

She must be giving birth to an alien, as she had the longest first trimester ever known to man.
Actually since three months passed between the burial of Mulder and his rescusitation, Scully is in about her 6th or 7th month of pregnancy. She's showing just enough.

The question I have is this: has Doggett's informant been on the show previously? He looks familiar (other than as the bodyguard in that 80s classic "My Bodyguard"), but I want to know whether that particular character has played a significant role in the "X-Files" mythology previously.

Anyone? Bueller?
Old 04-09-01, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by grunter

The question I have is this: has Doggett's informant been on the show previously? He looks familiar (other than as the bodyguard in that 80s classic "My Bodyguard"), but I want to know whether that particular character has played a significant role in the "X-Files" mythology previously.

Anyone? Bueller?
He has never played a previous role on the X-Files. He was in a previous episode this season.
Old 04-09-01, 12:34 PM

As X-Files episodes go, this one was fair at best. Mulder seems to acting like a bit of a jerk, IMO. Perhaps this is intentional, and to make his full departure from the show easier to bear. Doggett remains polite, concerned, steadfast--not in control, but not being shoved around, either.

Anyone else notice how the Lone Gunmen appear to be a lot more competent on the X-Files than on their own show?

Old 04-09-01, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i guess i will be the lone dissenter here....i like this season's episodes better without mulder.
i dunno...dogget is kind of a badass...and that's what they needed.

cranky.
Old 04-09-01, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,188 Likes on 4,215 Posts
Don't you people think it's a little strange how blase the FBI's resident cynics (Skinner, Doggett, Hersh) are about Mulder's return. THE MAN WAS DEAD AND BURRIED FOR THREE MONTHS!!!! Everyone's acting like he's just a returning pain-in-the-ass. Only Scully and Mulder seem remotely interested in this development. Isn't that a little wierd?
Old 04-09-01, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by Robert
Originally posted by grunter

Anyone? Bueller?
He has never played a previous role on the X-Files. He was in a previous episode this season.
If I'm not mistaken he was the traitor in the Patriot w/ Mel Gibson.
Old 04-09-01, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

[QUOTE]Originally posted by grunter
Actually since three months passed between the burial of Mulder and his rescusitation, Scully is in about her 6th or 7th month of pregnancy. She's showing just enough.
Three months passed? I thought it was only a week.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.