DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   ABC Bring Back Genna Davis NOW (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/97730-abc-bring-back-genna-davis-now.html)

Alyoshka 04-04-01 11:24 PM

:(

I thought that show was pretty funny. I looked forward to my Tuesday's being shared with Genna and then Dharma and Greg.

:(

Get rid of the Joan Cusuck show, Genna Davis is much better! Right?

clemente 04-05-01 12:35 AM

ummm...........

well.......

Oh, right, I'm watching Angel. Do what you like ABC!

Alyoshka 04-05-01 01:37 AM

Originally posted by clemente
ummm...........

well.......

Oh, right, I'm watching Angel. Do what you like ABC!

That's one supporter :rolleyes:

I just miss my show; they need to not cancel the good shows.

The Antipodean 04-09-01 06:13 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alyoshka

And the Geena Davis was a good show in what parallel universe, exactly? Extremely terrible piece of television. Stop throwing movie stars into lousy sitcoms, dammit!

Alyoshka 04-09-01 09:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sierra Disc

Originally posted by Alyoshka

And the Geena Davis was a good show in what parallel universe, exactly? Extremely terrible piece of television. Stop throwing movie stars into lousy sitcoms, dammit!
yeah, well what did you get instead. Joan Cusack. She can hardly be called a movie star, let alone a sitcom actress.

Instead of either of these we'll soon find ourself stuck with all sorts of "reality" shows so what does it matter anyhow?

cartman 04-09-01 10:04 PM

They both REALLY suck in my opinion...

Alyoshka 04-09-01 11:29 PM

Originally posted by cartman

this is why she got axed. Only I appreciated her and that might have been because I thought she was kind of cute.

The Antipodean 04-10-01 10:21 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cartman

Agreed, in the same scrap heap with the Bette Midler abomination, Gabriel Byrne's "sitcom" and whatever other crud they throw on the screen to see if it sticks.

Red Dog 04-10-01 10:23 AM

Except for MNF and occasionally flipping to Millionaire during commericial breaks, I watch nothing on ABC.

redeyery 04-10-01 03:43 PM

I really liked the Geena Davis show too...i mean come on, look at her, she is hot!
and those long legs......

i laughed too, although i also thought Normal, Ohio was funny too.

i don't think geena davis show was given a chance....up against other hot shows on tuesday evenings...come on...bring it back.

Did anyone else like Freaks and Geeks? The kid from that played one of the kids in this show.....i also liked Freaks and Geeks too!!

Alyoshka 04-10-01 03:55 PM

Originally posted by redeyery
I really liked the Geena Davis show too...i mean come on, look at her, she is hot!
and those long legs......

i laughed too, although i also thought Normal, Ohio was funny too.

i don't think geena davis show was given a chance....up against other hot shows on tuesday evenings...come on...bring it back.

Did anyone else like Freaks and Geeks? The kid from that played one of the kids in this show.....i also liked Freaks and Geeks too!!

Finally a supporter :D. I agree that it was not given a chance at all. It was rough, I'll admit, but there were moments that showed a lot of promise. Sometimes the episodes were great and other times a little dull. That was the only problem, but I think it could have been corrected with time.

I also liked Freaks and Geeks quite a bit. Really a good show.