DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Friends tonight - Going to Kleinman's! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/91153-friends-tonight-going-kleinmans.html)

GeoffK 03-15-01 10:26 PM

OK.... Does a DVD Talkie write for friends? Tonight on friends they talk about going to Kleinman's for a bargain dress, then when they talk about the wedding photographer it's Geoffrey.

First Level 9, now this!

[Edited by gkleinman on 03-15-01 at 09:09 PM]

Blake 03-15-01 10:35 PM

Well it was a bargain dress...but that is odd that they used both Geoffrey and Kleiman in the episode - quite a funny one too.

Sparrow 03-15-01 11:22 PM

Maybe. That just seems to be too much of a coincidence :D

I wonder if it was a nice dress?

Kenwood 03-16-01 12:04 AM

Originally posted by gkleinman
OK.... Does a DVD Talkie write for friends? Tonight on friends they talk about going to Kleinman's for a bargain dress,
http://www.dvdtalk.com/images/chitown.gif

namja 03-16-01 01:31 AM

Originally posted by gkleinman
OK.... Does a DVD Talkie write for friends?
Maybe just a lurker.

btw, they were fighting over a dress that was OOP -wink-

Jules Winfield 03-16-01 10:41 PM

Any mention of someone's Jules? :D

Autotelik 03-17-01 12:39 AM

hey!! Wasn't it fortunate that you caught that episode too?

....otherwise, it could have passed unnoticed.

;)

JohnPhoenix 03-17-01 09:21 AM

What happened on Level 9?

Deftones 03-17-01 10:22 AM

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
What happened on Level 9?
our resident tv writer guyot named a character after geoff, but it got mistranslated into goff! :)

huzefa 03-17-01 04:06 PM

I liked the way Monica had that other girl down on the floor in under 5 seconds. My kind of woman........

Bronkster 08-21-16 07:46 PM

Re: Friends tonight - Going to Kleinman's!

Okay, so here's a 15 year bump for ya. When Friends was aired, I wasn't watching - for whatever reason - but started into it on DVD. I'm currently watching season 7 and just watched this particular episode (and am quite surprised that this seems to either be the first Friends thread, or this is as far back as the archives go - but either way, kinda coincidental, no?).

ANYWAY - my question has to do with Joey's line in the restaurant - "Does a bear shit in the woods?" I'm assuming this was bleeped on the broadcast, but am curious since the show seemed to always avoid being bleeped. Anyone know? Or care at this point? ;)

Hokeyboy 08-21-16 07:49 PM

Wow this was a blast from the past.

A sad, frustrating one...

Bronkster 08-21-16 07:55 PM

I know, right?

OldBoy 08-21-16 08:44 PM

I really don't think that's the correct line to be truthful. Did you put subs on? I don't think that was ever uttered much less bleeped...

PhantomStranger 08-21-16 09:02 PM

And my Complete Friends Blu-ray box set continues to remain unopened...

As someone that lurked DVDtalk since it first opened, the old forum members seen in this thread makes for strange nostalgia.

Bronkster 08-21-16 09:04 PM

No, I played it back a few times to make sure. That's clearly what was said. :lol:

auto 08-21-16 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bronkster (Post 12879694)
No, I played it back a few times to make sure. That's clearly what was said. :lol:

That had to be added to the dvd release.

Geoff :(

Trevor 08-21-16 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12879691)
And my Complete Friends Blu-ray box set continues to remain unopened...

As someone that lurked DVDtalk since it first opened, the old forum members seen in this thread makes for strange nostalgia.

One box set I somehow managed to avoid buying.

And wow, didn't realize some of these people have been gone so long.

What happened to Jules?

Namja is here but hasn't really posted in years.

I have vague memories of Blake being my favorite mod. I remember him leaving for awhile but then visiting occasionally. But wow, it's been four years since that last visit, I would have guessed months. Time flies....

Alan Smithee 08-22-16 12:14 AM

Still haven't ever seen a single episode of Friends. They look like the sort of characters I'd be rooting for to be killed in a horror movie.

DVD Josh 08-22-16 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee (Post 12879773)
Still haven't ever seen a single episode of Friends. They look like the sort of characters I'd be rooting for to be killed in a horror movie.

There's a certain irony in you having never seen Friends.

HN 08-22-16 09:02 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SyV-asIY5rA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Count Dooku 08-22-16 11:04 AM

That bit was not broadcast.

The uncut episodes on DVD tend to have scenes that were cut not just for syndication, but also scenes that also didn't originally air due to content.

One example is when Joey is angry at Chandler for making fun of the bracelet he gave him; when Chandler says he should focus on the fact Chandler wore it even though he hated it, Joey tells him to "focus on this" and grabs his junk while the camera cuts to behind Joey.

Another extra sequence, in "TOW The Cheap Wedding Dress", seems to be an ad-lib from Matt LeBlanc: After a love interest ditches both Ross and Joey at a restaurant, Ross asks if Joey is hungry, to which Joey replies, "Does a bear shit in the woods?"

d2cheer 08-22-16 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee (Post 12879773)

You are depriving yourself of one the best sitcoms of all time.

davidh777 08-22-16 03:53 PM

I resisted for years but finally watched the whole series over a few months and really enjoyed it.

lwhy? 08-22-16 04:09 PM

I love the series. It was one of the first series that I bought on dvd way back in the early 2000s. The One with the Prom Video is my all time favorite Friends episode and I think it's one of the all time best sitcom episodes too.