Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sell your WWF stock NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-01, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
With the XFL already dragging down the WWF now they are posting the worst TV ratings ever. Wrestling goes through these cycles of unpopularity and it may be entering its lowest point in years. The fact that Vince has been overmarketing the WWF for the past two years is probably a factor. People get tired of the same old same old. The WWF is making the same mistakes they made in the 80's when Hogan was all the rage. The show has been stuck in a rut for the past couple of months and the WWF had better find a way to jump start things quickly. The Vince and Trish stuff is not helping matters either. Thats a storyline so stupid it looks like Vince stole it from the WCW.
Old 03-10-01, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem is, NBC has decided they're going to stick with their contract with the XFL, so it looks like we're in for quite a bit more "football" for a while.
Old 03-10-01, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just give it some time. the balance will come back, and remember, it does go through some cycles of unpopularity... so i would suggest to buy some Low priced stocks if you are in it for the long haul.
Old 03-11-01, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Just give it some time. the balance will come back, and remember, it does go through some cycles of unpopularity... so i would suggest to buy some Low priced stocks if you are in it for the long haul.
I hear reel.com is selling shares of their stock at record lows ...
Old 03-11-01, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have stock in the WWF?
Old 03-11-01, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Who the hell would buy stock in the WWF?? I'm playing the market game and would never in any lifetime have considered investing a lousy dime in wrestling.
Old 03-11-01, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Feneant
Who the hell would buy stock in the WWF?? I'm playing the market game and would never in any lifetime have considered investing a lousy dime in wrestling.
Actually my friend did and made a nice profit. The WWF is already looking at getting out of their XFL contract. I havn't been listening to it lately though so I don't know whats up.