DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What were your favorite animated shows as a kid? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/85245-what-were-your-favorite-animated-shows-kid.html)

tha_dvd_man 02-27-01 12:58 AM

What were your favorite animated shows, like GI Joe and whatnot, when you were little? The only ones I can remember really loving were He-Man, Thundercats and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Wut was urz?

RobCA 02-27-01 01:10 AM

Tom & Jerry
Woody Woodpecker
Bugs Bunny
Scooby Doo

I'm sure I'm forgetting some... those are the only ones I can think of right now.

DVDer 02-27-01 01:29 AM

I watched cartoons constantly as a kid, here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

The Smurfs, Alvin & the Chipmunks, He-Man, She-Ra, The Transformers, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rainbow Brite, Slimer! And the Real Ghostbusters, Scooby Doo, Thundercats, and the most holy of animated television shows...The Simpsons. (When I was seven or eight I had a huge collection of Simpsons toys that, sadly, was wiped out when our basement flooded many years ago.)

And to think, if not for my dad's love of animation, I would have seen only a couple of those.

--Heather

Gamewizard 02-27-01 02:14 AM

Transformers is my all time favorite with GiJoe and He Man coming in at a distant 2-3.

TaTTooD 02-27-01 04:35 AM

G.I. Joe
Transformers
He-Man

cineman 02-27-01 05:20 AM

Superfriends!
Hong Kong Phooey!
Scooby Doo!

It wasn't animated, but I loved the Krofft shows Dr. Shrinker, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, and Wonderbug (I think that's what it was called).

kevin75 02-27-01 08:17 AM

without a doubt my absolute favorite would have to be starblazers but also as a child of the 80's i would have to throw in gi joe and transformers as well.

thegame370 02-27-01 08:52 AM

My absolute favorite was Thundercats!!! After that i always enjoyed G.I. Joe, Transformers, He-Man, Silver Hawks, Ghostbusters, Duck Tales, The Smurfs, Voltron, Looney Tunes and some others. Oh i always liked that muppet show too, Fragle Rock!!! That was great. :lol:

Red Dog 02-27-01 09:08 AM

Looney Toons
Superfriends (especially the ones vs the Legion of Doom)
Tom & Jerry
Woody Woodpecker
Spiderman & Friends
Rocky & Bullwinkle

twikoff 02-27-01 09:16 AM

smurfs rocked!

twikoff 02-27-01 09:17 AM

hehe,, you can really tell peoples ages this way.. Im only 25 and half these cartoons mentioned were even around when I was at that age.

RobCA 02-27-01 09:41 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
Rocky & Bullwinkle
OMG, how could I forget Rocky & Bullwinkle?!? :o

twikoff 02-27-01 09:42 AM

and dont forget steamboat willy

Sessa17 02-27-01 09:43 AM

All-time favorites were Voltron, Transformers, G.I.Joe. Also does anyone else remember, I think it was called the USA cartoon express w/ Space Ghost & maybe the Fantstic Four, Jabber Jaws & all these really weird retro cartoons, I think there was one called hairbair or something, I can't remember but I loved all of them.

pelenor 02-27-01 10:30 AM

Starblazers ruled! So did robotech. Check this site out if you guys are feeling nostalgiac. http://www.yesterdayland.com

Chad 02-27-01 02:54 PM

Mask
Voltron
Transformers
Ghostbusters
He-Man
GI-Joe

And then there's one where this guy turned into a red car when he became angry, What was that called?

narcosleepy 02-27-01 04:11 PM

Woody Woodpecker
Tom & Jerry
Bugs Bunny
Speed Racer
Voltron

Kaiser Soze 02-27-01 04:57 PM

My list:

Transformers
GI Joe
He-Man
Thundercats
Mask

One more but I can't remember the name of it. It had 3 main characters in it. A guy kind of like He-Man with a sword that was made of energy. A woman with some kind of power. And a big Chewbacca type guy. Does anyone remember what the name of this cartoon was? I think I remember watching it in the early/middle 80's.

Fhrx 02-27-01 05:23 PM

Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and TMNT!

Cat 02-27-01 10:01 PM

BATTLE OF THE PLANETS!!!

Cat

Eplicon 02-28-01 01:17 PM

-Tom & Jerry (the original MGM ones, not the ones H-B did years later, and particularly the really awful ones done by Filmation)

-The Magilla Gorilla Show, which included the Sheriff Bing-Bing-Bing! Rabbit stuff, and the three musketeer dogs (Yippee, Yappee, and Yahooey)

-Huckleberry Hound

-Marvel Superheroes (I forgot what it was called, but it had guys like The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, Thor--all done in really, really crude animation).

-Woody Woodpecker

-Looney Tunes

It's too bad a lot of these cartoons are butchered and censored today because of its so-called violence and that they aren't "PC." :grunt:

mijang 02-28-01 01:31 PM

Alvin and the Chipmunks
Amazing Spider-Man
Batman: The Animated Series
Ducktales
Dungeons and Dragons
G.I.Joe
Gobots
He-Man
Jem
Muppet Babies
Real Ghostbusters
Scooby Doo
Silverhawks
Smurfs
Spider-Man
Super Mario Bros. Show
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Thundercats
Transformers
X-Men

matchpenalty 02-28-01 02:28 PM

Scooby Doo
Hong Kong Phooey
Felix the Cat
Looney toons
Top Cat
Magilla Gorilla
JETSONS!

Feneant 02-28-01 02:28 PM

Robotech
Astroboy

And of course, the one i'm surprised no one listed, the classicest of all classics to have ever been on tv,

Les mystérieuses cités d'or!! (Lost Cities of Gold)

I'm 21 and I still watch it when it's on tv, it has imo the best story every written.

Samuel 02-28-01 02:51 PM

Masters of The Universe
Transformers
Voltron
Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes
Heckle & Jeckle/Terrytoons
Gumby
Flintstones
Jetsons
Woody Woodpecker

Heck, I still watch a few of those.