Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

MadTV vs. SNL

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-01, 11:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I admit that I have never seen an espisode of MADTV before but I caught a little of tonights episode during the news. Regis was the Host and they had a good Celebrity Millionaire skit, and I noticed that the guy on MADTV that does the G.W. Bush impersonations is 10 times better and more accurate than the guy who does it on SNL. There were a couple times I had to look really hard to make sure it wasn't really him.
Old 02-24-01, 11:24 PM

Since you're the bartender...What do you suggest?
Old 02-24-01, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SNL is bad.. but i would much rather watch SNL then MadTV
Old 02-24-01, 11:27 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
SNL is bad.. but i would much rather watch SNL then MadTV
Don't get me wrong, me too. I just happened to be flipping the channels and noticed a good GWB parody. I promise not to make a habit of watching it though
Old 02-24-01, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
No, SNL "used" to be good, but MadTV started good, and IMO, is way ahead now.

Tuan Jim
Old 02-25-01, 01:55 AM

I Tivo'd both of them tonight. I've never seen Mad TV before, so I'm curious to check it out. I dig Katie Holmes though, so I'm sure SNL will win just on principle.
Old 02-25-01, 06:40 AM

The MadTV Limp Bizkit parody that started off the show was absolutely perfect and completely hilarious.
Old 02-25-01, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Bust
I admit that I have never seen an espisode of MADTV before but I caught a little of tonights episode during the news. Regis was the Host and they had a good Celebrity Millionaire skit, and I noticed that the guy on MADTV that does the G.W. Bush impersonations is 10 times better and more accurate than the guy who does it on SNL. There were a couple times I had to look really hard to make sure it wasn't really him.
Who cares about accuracy when you are making fun of the president? Especially GW? I mean, Will Ferrell's impersonation on SNL is so funny because it portrays him as a lot of people see him in an extreme carcicature. I think the guy's a bumbling, frat boy, spoiled brat idiot and I have always liked SNL's version of him becasue they let him have it. Accuracy be damned.
Old 02-25-01, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love MadTV and have been an avid follower since the first season. I think it was the 3rd season where madtv was kind of going downhill (when Nicole Sullivan was gone for a while), but its back to being top-notch again.

Ever since MadTV started I stopped watching SNL at all. I sometimes turn it on when MadTV is a rerun and am always incredibly disappointed each time.

The only thing SNL really has going for it is tradition. I see MadTV as being a superior show in every aspect except in drawing in the big-name guest hosts.
Old 02-25-01, 11:46 AM
Banned

Originally posted by badger1997
Who cares about accuracy when you are making fun of the president? Especially GW? I mean, Will Ferrell's impersonation on SNL is so funny because it portrays him as a lot of people see him in an extreme carcicature. I think the guy's a bumbling, frat boy, spoiled brat idiot and I have always liked SNL's version of him becasue they let him have it. Accuracy be damned.

Will Ferrell called, he wants you to get off his nutsack.
Old 02-25-01, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Bust
Originally posted by badger1997

Will Ferrell called, he wants you to get off his nutsack.
Yeah, because I was really kissing his ass by saying I find his impersonation of GW funny. Get a f-ing life buddy. Maybe I can say the same thing to you about the guy on MadTV who does GW?
Old 02-26-01, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DVDRules1
The MadTV Limp Bizkit parody that started off the show was absolutely perfect and completely hilarious.
Absolutely!

Keep Posin' Posin' Posin'

Very dead on!