DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/84036-survivor-thread.html)

Chrisedge 02-23-01 03:12 AM

Without checking the other threads, I believe it's Rodger. Suvivorsucks reported this a while ago. It may answer why this show lasted 43 days instead of 39 like the other one. Maybe a contestant got hurt and they delay the challenges for a few days....

bluedevil 02-23-01 01:34 PM

Might as well start one. Spoiler to follow. It looks as someone is getting hurt next episode. My sister heard someone is going to have to leave for good. If this happens it's not really fair b/c you lose a tribe member without having to vote one off. Anyone else hear this? Or, do you think the preview are making it look worse than it is and the person will be back?

dvdfiend 02-23-01 01:37 PM

I don't think a Tribe member is the one who gets hurt.
It may be a camera person or something like that....

Pudthai 02-23-01 01:57 PM

Yeah that teaser for next week looked pretty serious for the Kucha tribe. :eek: It made it seem that someone in the Kucha tribe was swimming in the lake and go chomped on by a croc. I can't imagine that is what happened. The controversy over the pig killing was overblown and this would trump that bigtime! If a contestant did get hurt then the reality tv is starting to resemble "The Running Game" with real dangers and real risks! I can't wait to see what happened! (I know I am suppossed to frown upon reality tv, but I like Survivor. I love the music and the show fascinates me.)

p1forest 02-23-01 02:22 PM

There has been some discussion in other threads:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=83879

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=83835

Possible spoilers!

JoeC 02-23-01 05:50 PM

I am so glad that Kimmi got the boot last night. Now all we need to do is get Jerri off and I won't be annoyed every other second!

JoeC

[Edited by JoeC on 02-23-01 at 03:53 PM]

GeoffK 02-23-01 05:56 PM

My exact words when Kimmi got the boot:

"bye bye... don't let the door hit you on the way out".

I couldn't stand her. I mean come on it's just a chicken.

bluedevil 02-24-01 03:39 PM

Originally posted by Chrisedge
Without checking the other threads, I believe it's Rodger.
I don't think it's Rodger. It seems they showed him on the preview looking all concerned. Of course, this could be before the attack...

thegame370 02-25-01 04:46 AM

I tell you what i think....i think this show sucks. Reality shows are wack and i think Survivor is totally staged.

badger1997 02-25-01 07:19 AM

Originally posted by thegame370

I tell you what i think....i think this show sucks. Reality shows are wack and i think Survivor is totally staged.

If you really do hate them so much, then why bother to take the time to go into a thread about something you think sucks and then rip on it? Do you feel better about yourself now? What's the point really? I'm not a huge fan, but reading the thread out of curiousity. Does it make you feel superior because you rip on something that other people like?

Pudthai 02-26-01 06:22 PM

Originally posted by JoeC
I am so glad that Kimmi got the boot last night. Now all we need to do is get Jerri off and I won't be annoyed every other second!

JoeC

[Edited by JoeC on 02-23-01 at 03:53 PM]

Kimmi ticked me off too. She had big breasts though, but what a wacko. Jerri really irritates me too. She is such a conniving btch and annoying nag. I will be happy when she is gone. When the 7-footer was voted off, thanks to Colby's switched vote, it really screwed up Jerri's strategic alliance and now her days are numbered. I am so happy that Colby could see through her (I guess it was not that difficult to do) and was able to form an alliance with the chef and Tina. The balance of power shifted when the 7-footer was ousted by the tiebreaker! -biggrin-

I missed the Michael pig killing episode. I do not understand why he is being demonized for killing a pig for food! We eat hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken all the time in America so what is so bad about killing a pig! He is not a psychopath just because he killed a pig and played up to the cameras a little. Give me a break.

What did Kimmi eat when she did not eat the meat? I never saw her out gathering berries or fruits or vegeatables or anything else like that. Did she eat fish? I cannot remember. I am just glad she was ousted.

Giles 02-26-01 08:42 PM

I heard from a coworker that he was watching Letterman and that there was mentioning of two people actually losing their lives on the show. As to who they were and how they died are not yet publicized. I dont want to be spreading rumors but that's what I've heard and this Thursday's show is the first of the two tragedies (sic). Can anyone else verify this info or for that matter watched the Letterman show where this information was first mentioned?

badger1997 02-26-01 09:24 PM

Originally posted by Giles
I heard from a coworker that he was watching Letterman and that there was mentioning of two people actually losing their lives on the show. As to who they were and how they died are not yet publicized. I dont want to be spreading rumors but that's what I've heard and this Thursday's show is the first of the two tragedies (sic). Can anyone else verify this info or for that matter watched the Letterman show where this information was first mentioned?
C'mon people!! If there are any deaths on the show do you really think it was the cast members??? These people became famous the minute they were announced as cast members and considering this was filmed a while ago and they are all back in the United States, don't you think it would have come out by now if one of them didn't return? These people have friends and families and if one of them died or disappeared, someone would wonder where they are and it would have gotten to the media already.

I would also seriously doubt any crew members die either. the same thing would happen with their relatives and friends and CBS could not keep a lid on something like that for very long. If somebody was eaten by a croc or something and died, most likely they would be missed by someone. Don't you think there are news networks out there who would jump on that story. I am a newspaper editor and if someone in my community had gone on the show and his or her relatives came to me and said they never had come back, I would run with that story as fast as I can.

Pudthai 02-27-01 10:28 PM

Whoa! Someone dies on the next Survivor? Film at 11. When will there be a celebrity Survivor series? That would be really interesting.

RandyM 02-27-01 11:04 PM

All I know is if someone actually gets eaten by a crocodile then Survivor will become the GREATEST TV SHOW EVER. How great would Friends be if someone actually got eaten on the show?

badger1997 02-27-01 11:08 PM

Originally posted by RandyM
All I know is if someone actually gets eaten by a crocodile then Survivor will become the GREATEST TV SHOW EVER. How great would Friends be if someone actually got eaten on the show?
Survivor can never be the "GREATEST TV SHOW EVER." Period.

thejammy 02-28-01 03:16 PM

Originally posted by badger1997

Originally posted by RandyM
Survivor can never be the "GREATEST TV SHOW EVER." Period.

WHY NOT?

Most of america seems to disagree with you?

Pudthai 03-01-01 08:27 PM

Oh no! The Kucha and Ogakor tribes will merge with 5 members each. Kucha is definately the stronger tribe with Colby, Keith and Jerri tensions going on within the Ogakor tribe. It looks like Kucha is tight and will vote together until all the Ogakors are eliminated. Jerri and Amber will most likely try to join a new alliance with Kucha. If that one member in Ogakor did not get injured and a tribal challenge did not get cancelled then Ogakor would probably have lost and voted Jerri out. Now it is Colby, Keith, and Tina who are in jeopardy of being voted out next. :(

[Edited by Pudthai on 03-01-01 at 06:53 PM]

The Antipodean 03-01-01 10:17 PM

I felt quite sorry for
Spoiler:
Mike, I thought he had the guts to make it all the way.
That looked incredibly
Spoiler:
painful
when he
Spoiler:
fell
in the
Spoiler:
fire
. Owcchh! I only hope that next week Jerri
Spoiler:
gets killed by a stray emu attack or something - my god is that woman annoying!
Did Jerri and Amber's "girl screeching" throughout this episode make anyone else's teeth itch? :grunt:

nevermind 03-01-01 10:25 PM

Originally posted by Lestern Burnham
Did Jerri and Amber's "girl screeching" throughout this episode make anyone else's teeth itch? :grunt:
rotfl Good one! I did have a strange urge to knock myself out during that.
Spoiler:
Colby should have threw their asses in the fire

Pudthai 03-01-01 10:31 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pudthai
[B]

I felt quite sorry for
Spoiler:
Mike, I thought he had the guts to make it all the way.
That looked incredibly
Spoiler:
painful
when he
Spoiler:
fell
in the
Spoiler:
fire
. Owcchh! I only hope that next week Jerri
Spoiler:
gets killed by a stray emu attack or something - my god is that woman annoying!

I do not quite understand
Spoiler:
how Mike fell into the fire. Did he fall asleep near it and later rolled into it without waking up so quickly? Very odd.
I second that with Jerri.
Spoiler:
Those two, Jerri and Amber, did tick me off indeed. Poor Colby having to listen to those two. It was kinda funny though. The torture Colby and Keith go through with those two must be unbearable.
I think Ogakor is a dying tribe. Kucha should pick Ogakor apart. Of course, that is what the previews are suggesting so the reverse may be true. Survivor II is doing a good job keeping us guessing.

SnoopDogg 03-01-01 11:20 PM

Spoiler....

.....NOT YET....

He was by the fire and he breathed in to much smoke which caused him to pass out into the fire.

Pudthai 03-02-01 01:10 AM

Spoiler:
That must have been one big fire. I never saw much smoke. Very weird.

matchpenalty 03-02-01 09:19 AM

My guess is Jerri or Alicia is going to get on one too many's nerves. Put them at the top of the list to go... Though the weak may go after the strong. Keeping one of the annoying people around for the end could be good strategy.

As to the person above who thinks it's unfair to lose a member w/o a tribal council, REMEMBER, this is SURVIVOR. If you don't survive, you go whether or not it's tribal council.

By the way, I am very upset, because I thought Michael had a great chance to win. The lack of things we are used to takes it's toll quickly.

Red Dog 03-02-01 09:31 AM

Did Jerri and Amber's "girl screeching" throughout this episode make anyone else's teeth itch? :grunt: [/B]

Amber can screech all she wants. That is one hot girl. I love Jerri being in it to stir things up. That's what makes things interesting. The people in Kucha get along too well - that makes things boring.

Anyway, much like Gretchen in Survivor I, my bet is that Colby will be voted off next week unless the 5 Ogakors can unite to vote for one of the Kuchas (and create a 5-5 tie vote). Colby is the biggest threat to the Kuchas because he is personable, but more importantly, he is the most athletic. That is critical as things go along because he could win future immunity challenges. They have to vote him off as soon as possible.