House of the Dragon (S2E04) -- "The Red Dragon and the Gold” -- 7/7/24

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House of the Dragon (S2E04) -- "The Red Dragon and the Gold” -- 7/7/24

Old 07-09-24, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,971 Likes on 2,029 Posts
Re: House of the Dragon (S2E04) -- "The Red Dragon and the Gold” -- 7/7/24

Originally Posted by HeIsTheZissou
That family tree has a couple of significant spoilers. Might want to tag it.
It was made before season two started airing, so it only spoils up to the end of season one.
Old 07-09-24, 10:24 AM

Received 162 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It was made before season two started airing, so it only spoils up to the end of season one.
Spoiler:
It shows that two of Rhaenyra's sons with Daemon will sit on the Iron Throne after Aegon II dies, as the Roman numerals only attach themselves to royal names when that person becomes the king or queen. Considering the entire series is about a civil war between two branches of a family, this is a pretty significant spoiler.

Old 07-10-24, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Spoiler:
It shows that two of Rhaenyra's sons with Daemon will sit on the Iron Throne after Aegon II dies, as the Roman numerals only attach themselves to royal names when that person becomes the king or queen. Considering the entire series is about a civil war between two branches of a family, this is a pretty significant spoiler.

Wasn't 8 years of GoT a significant spoiler? Besides, Book Readers are spoiling shit all over the interwebs.
Old 07-10-24, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Wasn't 8 years of GoT a significant spoiler? Besides, Book Readers are spoiling shit all over the interwebs.
I think you lost me. Are you arguing that the outcome of the Dance of Dragons can't be spoiled because we know that, 200 years later, Robert's Rebellion will overthrow the last Targaryen ruler? Or are you saying that there were lots of GoT spoilers, too?

As to the argument of "It's being spoiled elsewhere"? Well, OK.

Last edited by HeIsTheZissou; 07-10-24 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-10-24, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Not arguing anything. Just sayin'...
Old 07-10-24, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,971 Likes on 2,029 Posts

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's the kind of detail that's going to go over most peoples' heads. While both Aegon III and Viserys II do have Roman numerals, they're also the only names on the tree that are repeated, and I'd tend to assume that whoever made the tree did that to differentiate the characters, possibly not realizing what it could mean. It didn't even occur to me that it might be a spoiler, and I've known how the "Dance of the Dragons" plays out for a long time. Since it's a graphic specifically designed for people starting season two, I'd think it was more of an accidental reveal since there's no reason to do that.

It's the kind of thing that even pointing there's a spoiler could tend to cause someone to over-scrutinize the image and figure it, where they wouldn't beforehand. Sort of like how the South Park episode with George R. R. Martin dropped that Joffrey would be poisoned before it happened. Nobody would pay much attention to the South Park version of GRRM rambling until they learned there was an actual spoiler in it.

As such, I'd rather not hide behind a spoiler tag because it's a useful guide for people needing to keep track of how the characters are related, and putting it behind a spoiler tag and pointing out that there is a potential vague spoiler could keep it from being seen. I doubt many people who don't know that Rhaenyra and Daemon's son Aegon will eventually inherit the Iron Throne, and then, later his younger brother, would come to that conclusion based on that graphic alone?

Old 07-11-24, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

Some great episodes the last few weeks. But, the TV Forum has been pretty dead and there hasn't been much engagement with the new season.

Oh well.
I don't have Max, so I must wait until the eventual 4K UHD BD box set. Otherwise, I'd be actively participating instead of occasionally popping my head in random episode threads.
Old 07-11-24, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Spoiler:

That's the kind of detail that's going to go over most peoples' heads. While both Aegon III and Viserys II do have Roman numerals, they're also the only names on the tree that are repeated, and I'd tend to assume that whoever made the tree did that to differentiate the characters, possibly not realizing what it could mean. It didn't even occur to me that it might be a spoiler, and I've known how the "Dance of the Dragons" plays out for a long time. Since it's a graphic specifically designed for people starting season two, I'd think it was more of an accidental reveal since there's no reason to do that.

It's the kind of thing that even pointing there's a spoiler could tend to cause someone to over-scrutinize the image and figure it, where they wouldn't beforehand. Sort of like how the South Park episode with George R. R. Martin dropped that Joffrey would be poisoned before it happened. Nobody would pay much attention to the South Park version of GRRM rambling until they learned there was an actual spoiler in it.

As such, I'd rather not hide behind a spoiler tag because it's a useful guide for people needing to keep track of how the characters are related, and putting it behind a spoiler tag and pointing out that there is a potential vague spoiler could keep it from being seen. I doubt many people who don't know that Rhaenyra and Daemon's son Aegon will eventually inherit the Iron Throne, and then, later his younger brother, would come to that conclusion based on that graphic alone?

Fair enough.