Star Wars: The Acolyte (S1E05) - “Night” - 6/24/24

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Star Wars: The Acolyte (S1E05) - “Night” - 6/24/24

Old 06-27-24, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,799 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Re: Star Wars: The Acolyte (S1E05) - “Night” - 6/24/24

Originally Posted by Noonan
That was my first reaction as well. Sol can't identify life on the planet (the big bugs) or tell that his former student is the wrong twin. He has to be the worst Jedi master ever.
Vader didn’t know Leia was his daughter. Force powers have never been consistent.
The following 2 users liked this post by Draven:
JeremyM (06-29-24), milo bloom (07-01-24)
Old 06-27-24, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,330 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
It also works just like Magneto's helmet. Who knew sensing someone's mind through the Force could be blocked by precious metals?
So . . . literal fucking plot armor.
Old 06-28-24, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,283 Likes on 787 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
Vader didn’t know Leia was his daughter. Force powers have never been consistent.
Which shows the beginning of the end of Star Wars for me. I thought that was a stupid storyline decision when I was 10 years old in 1983. Actually, everyone I know that it was dumb as shit. And even now it still resonates today.
Old 06-28-24, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Which shows the beginning of the end of Star Wars for me. I thought that was a stupid storyline decision when I was 10 years old in 1983. Actually, everyone I know that it was dumb as shit. And even now it still resonates today.
Of course it's because Leia wasn't Vader's daughter in A New Hope (no matter what Lucas tries to retcon).

That said, the point stands that Force powers have never been consistent in any SW property.
The following users liked this post:
Spiderbite (06-28-24)
Old 06-28-24, 02:26 PM

Received 879 Likes on 577 Posts

That said, the point stands that Force powers have never been consistent in any SW property.
Star Wars has never been consistent in a lot of things. When Disney took over and all of the Extended Universe stuff was moved to Legend... a lot of it is starting to bleed over into Canon again.

For instance, I loved the original Zahn Thrawn Trilogy of books - the characters, the creatures, the settings, the story. I was kind of bitter that all that lore and those stories were gone.

I was elated to learn that they asked Zahn to write a new trilogy to introduce Thrawn to the new "Star Wars" (Thrawn/Alliance/Treason) and then how they integrated him into Rebels and eventually another trilogy (Thrawn Ascendancy).

Then a few months ago, I started to collect the stupid little Star Wars "Doorables" (blind bag collectibles) - don't ask me why, they're cute - but then I saw that they are releasing a set of eight "Dark Side" figures and one is of Thrawn...

... but he's holding a ysalamiri, a creature from the OG Thrawn Trilogy (in Legends), that could repel the Force by creating a shield or bubble around the person holding one.

According to Wookieepedia, the ysalamiri are canon... but only because they appeared as statues in several episodes of Star Wars: Rebels.

It's almost too much to keep up with and stay within the continuity.

Anyways... I'm still a fan, regardless.
Old 06-28-24, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 258 Likes on 154 Posts

Star Wars has, with the exception of Andor, and perhaps Rogue One, never had good writing. It's laser swords and space wizards, and occasionally something serious. The prequels are probably the worst trilogy of big budget movies that I can think of that I've seen all three of (I don't watch horror movies, where I'm sure), and so what, it's silly space fantasy that I grew up on.

And yeah, c'mon, some of the hate is because the protagonist is a black woman, although I'm not in any way saying all of it is.

Darth Bortles is awesome and just as silly and cheesy as everything else in the last 47 years.

Nobody hates Star Wars as much as so-called Star Wars fans.
The following 2 users liked this post by dstrauss:
Draven (06-29-24), JeremyM (06-29-24)
Old 06-29-24, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74

According to Wookieepedia, the ysalamiri are canon... but only because they appeared as statues in several episodes of Star Wars: Rebels.

It's almost too much to keep up with and stay within the continuity.

Anyways... I'm still a fan, regardless.
I think the easiest way to reconcile the split continuity is 1) anything from the EU that appears in the disneyverse is canon, of course. Thrawn, Pellaeon, etc. 2) everything else is "soft" canon until it's directly contradicted by something that happens. So, an EU character like Talon Karrde is soft canon,, because although he has never been mentioned, there's no reason he couldn't be. At least not yet. Given how Luke ended up in the sequel trilogy, Mara Jade is most likely no longer canon.
Goldberg74 (06-29-24)
Old 06-29-24, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 92 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Like shouldn't Sol be able to tell the difference? He, of all people, should be able to distinguish his former padawan. And he seemed to act out rather un-Jedi like, using his rage to fuel his fights. I guess we'll see what his dark side is in the coming episodes.

So the Sith's (or whatever his name is) helmet is made of beskar? You'd think he'd have full armor if that's the case?
I thought he was looking at her suspiciously, so who's to say, he might know who she is and was going along with it. I think there will be more to the story. But I could be wrong.
Old 06-30-24, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dstrauss
Star Wars has, with the exception of Andor, and perhaps Rogue One, never had good writing. It's laser swords and space wizards, and occasionally something serious. The prequels are probably the worst trilogy of big budget movies that I can think of that I've seen all three of (I don't watch horror movies, where I'm sure), and so what, it's silly space fantasy that I grew up on.

And yeah, c'mon, some of the hate is because the protagonist is a black woman, although I'm not in any way saying all of it is.

Darth Bortles is awesome and just as silly and cheesy as everything else in the last 47 years.

Nobody hates Star Wars as much as so-called Star Wars fans.
I thought the hate was because of lesbian witches . . . or an Asian Jedi . . . or . . . we either cannot get our "woke" straight or . . . *gasp* maybe the problem is bad product but it is easier to blame the reception on unrelated factors.
The following 5 users liked this post by Abob Teff:
bchbdaddy (07-01-24), bmoney1023 (07-01-24), Dr. DVD (06-30-24), joe_b (06-30-24), Spiderbite (07-01-24)
Old 06-30-24, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I thought the hate was because of lesbian witches . . . or an Asian Jedi . . . or . . . we either cannot get our "woke" straight or . . . *gasp* maybe the problem is bad product but it is easier to blame the reception on unrelated factors.
You can see the review-bombing of The Acolyte. Sure, maybe the critics and the audiences don’t always line up, but to push the numbers that far apart takes effort, which the internet is more than willing to provide.

It’s not always the product is bad - sometimes people (especially Star Wars “fans”) are gigantic assholes.

Old 06-30-24, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You can see the review-bombing of The Acolyte. Sure, maybe the critics and the audiences don’t always line up, but to push the numbers that far apart takes effort, which the internet is more than willing to provide.

It’s not always the product is bad - sometimes people (especially Star Wars “fans”) are gigantic assholes.
I have no doubt that people - even some Star Wars fans - are gigantic assholes (probably even me on given days). If you want evidence of that, you are looking in the right place; I don't bother with social platforms or online review aggregators. Nor do I give anybody who just screams out into the internet any credibility. Present company withstanding, of course.

That said, simply dismissing any criticism as "online sea toads" is just as damaging as giving voice to the online sea toads. More than one thing can be true at the same time. In this case, the product is largely mediocre with one really terrible episode and lots of questionable storytelling (not Star Wars telling).

The episode for this thread, IMO, was really good. Perfect? No, but really good. However, hiding behind "they just don't like {insert sea toad touchstone here}" even before the episode comes out is rather (sorry for the political reference) Trumpian. Before the episode even came out, they were saying "This is the one that will break Star Wars fans." The items that they point to as "the button pushers" were actually some of the strongest ideas in the episode (the cult of witches, a different view of the Force, questioning the methods and authority of the Jedi), they were just really poorly executed with some of the laziest, tropiest writing in TV history (that may be a bit hyperbolic) and very poor production values.

Fire in space? I don't have any issue with that, we have seen explosion after explosion in space. The lazy YA way they used the fire to try to show-not-tell and the mediocre direction for the actor? Bad.

Burn down an entire rock cave temple complex with a candle and a book? GTFO. This could have been easily fixed with one easy dropped line of dialogue from the Jedi as they prepared to go in: "We cannot pull out lightsabers because this mineral is extremely unstable and is combustible." This would have been reinforced by the "enclosed" candle Mae uses, and it would have given Sol taking out his lightsaber even more tension for a moment.

A couple more passes on the writing for the witch coven scenes, change the staging of the coven lackies doing their "gonna' grab yo' titties" hand motions, and then actually make me believe the girls' mothers are a caring couple and are their mothers . . . now we are fixing this without any major overhaul. (Sorry, one of my biggest pet peeves is the Disney LGBTQ Dance . . . if characters are gay/queer/trans/whatever, then make them that. Make me believe they are a loving couple. Don't just drop a coy line or look that maybe could possibly be interpreted that way and then pat yourself on the back.)

I am going to talk out of my ass for minute about the look of the show. I don't know if this is the case, but this is my speculation. Theory #1: We have seen how "The Volume" can be used to good effect and to terrible effect. When used to good effect, it is used like a good matte painting. It provides depth and detail and builds the world. When used poorly, it is used like backdrops in a stage play. It does not work to build small stage settings, which is where it has looked bad here. Theory #2: The Volume is no different than any other digital effect and either they are not spending the time/resources on rendering it properly OR they are not shooting properly to make it look good.

It shouldn't be that hard to fix. Headland did a great job with Russian Doll, so I know she can do this. My question is about how much interference is happening.

Last edited by Abob Teff; 06-30-24 at 10:22 AM.
Dr. DVD (06-30-24)
Old 06-30-24, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 567 Likes on 396 Posts

One reason I ignore Rotten Tomatoes entirely... especially the audience score.
Old 06-30-24, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Meathead
One reason I ignore Rotten Tomatoes entirely... especially the audience score.
I can't even value the critical scores, since anyone with a basic grasp of good storytelling probably would not rank the series that high. While hate may come from sexist, racist trolls - the opposite is also true. The Acolyte isn't bad enough to warrant the 14% audience score, but I've no doubt many critics have overstated their praise to gain brownie points - not just with Lucasfilm (early access to content and passes to industry events), but also to not be viewed as counter productive in creating a diverse, inclusive Hollywood and getting labelled as toxic.

The latest RedLetterMedia video made what should be an obvious point: "If you take a mediocre character who's a straight white man and you change their gender and make a mediocre character who's a black lesbian, you still have a mediocre character." But in today's media space, racial and gender politics are being used as a shield against hacky storytelling by inexperienced activist writers who are more interested in inserting social messaging than telling an entertaining story.

Bob Iger basically admitted it was a losing formula... and Star Wars is hardly alone on that front. While I understand the importance of people of all nationalities getting their fair shot, you still need to hire people with a proven track record that can deliver a compelling story with interesting, relatable characters audiences can embrace. Without this, you end up in the position Disney currently finds itself in: a corporation creatively and financially damaged by hubris that is in desperate need of a turnaround. At least Inside Out 2 finally scored them a much needed box office win.

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Sorry, one of my biggest pet peeves is the Disney LGBTQ Dance . . . if characters are gay/queer/trans/whatever, then make them that. Make me believe they are a loving couple. Don't just drop a coy line or look that maybe could possibly be interpreted that way and then pat yourself on the back.
I agree that it comes off as very disingenuous. I believe RLM also coined a term for it: passive progressive. Or rather, inserting token gay moments that the media hyperbolize as "historic"- yet can seamlessly be cut out for Middle Eastern markets:

Last edited by joe_b; 07-01-24 at 02:23 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by joe_b:
Abob Teff (07-03-24), Rob V (07-01-24), tanman (07-06-24)
Old 07-01-24, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 100 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Nope. It's Cortosis armor -- it is lightsaber resistant and temporarily short circuits sabers, hence the sparking

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...Id2cKOT_glZZAE
Never heard of Cortosis armor until this episode. But my Star Wars knowledge is mostly of the live movies and some of the cartoons.
I do believe Darth Gimp has a master or at least was once a Jedi padawan. they are just too strong with the force and a lightsaber and his mask might be an old Sith artifact or whatever. They are Sith but lied to sol about just being alone dark side users with

The show is getting better at least for me but for sure it could have been written and edited way better. I'll wait until it is all over to give a final rating. Have not been avoiding the spoilers.
I'm still not 100% sure Master Indara's death was real. She probably Is dead but what do we know of her except the flashbacks? On the fence about this one for now.

Kind of feel they are giving hints in some of the dialogue about what will become important in future episodes. here are a few examples.
Something Dark Qimir said at the end of ePISODE 1 something about steel or laser can not kill a Jedi but an acolyte can kill without a weapon.
I think it was Yord who said there was nothing about Osha having a twin sister Mae in the report when Solo brought up her name also the green lady was not too happy with Sol was also one of the four being hunted, but he kind of only brought of the 3 Jedi being hunted at the one meeting. did they get in his head or is he kind of hiding something?

The next flashback should answer more questions.
And since Master Ki-Adi-Mundi popped up and I have one more clue. I believe I know the names of the Sith lord and apprentice.
It is a huge spoiler, and I'll use spoiler tags in my next post.

Jecki was such a great character. They made her smart and so strong for her age and being a padawan. wonder what her Midi-Chlorian Count was?
While writing Yord as a good-looking kind of dumb jock tool Jedi and never gave him much love. RIP

edit later

Last edited by JoeySeven; 07-01-24 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-01-24, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,283 Likes on 787 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
I can't even value the critical scores, since anyone with a basic grasp of good storytelling probably would not rank the series that high. While hate may come from sexist, racist trolls - the opposite is also true. The Acolyte isn't bad enough to warrant the 14% audience score, but I've no doubt many critics have overstated their praise to gain brownie points - not just with Lucasfilm (early access to content and passes to industry events), but also to not be viewed as counter productive in creating a diverse, inclusive Hollywood and getting labelled as toxic.

The latest RedLetterMedia video made what should be an obvious point: "If you take a mediocre character who's a straight white man and you change their gender and make a mediocre character who's a black lesbian, you still have a mediocre character." But in today's media space, racial and gender politics are being used as a shield against hacky storytelling by inexperienced activist writers who are more interested in inserting social messaging than telling an entertaining story.
100% this.

I have come to shun all critic reviews and audience reviews unless I can find one or two critics that I agree with a majority of the time and respect their opinion even if I feel they are wrong. Actually, this is nothing new for me. I have always judged stuff on my own. I recently watched Passengers and Jurassic Park Dominion and enjoyed both of them immensely. I wouldn't have known it by the critic or audience scores on those two.

Always judge for yourself on this stuff. Never take Rotten Tomatoes or some other site as gospel. Typically, it seems like this stuff balances out after the initial dust has settled and more people watch something anyway.
Goldberg74 (07-01-24)
Old 07-01-24, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,054 Posts

This show is fucking awesome.

So, real life kept us from watching till over the weekend, and we binged all five episodes. Even though I knew most of the spoilers from social media (thanks a lot), it was still a fun buildup and my wife and kid had no idea who Darth Teethy would be (Bortles!!).

This is good shit and I'm damn glad to see them doing something interesting in another era.

And there will be more to it regarding the fire at Witch Mountain, Mae's little lantern didn't do all that, I think the Jedi escalated shit and things got out of hand.

As for one actress playing both Osha and Mae, I'm loving it because they're completely leaning into it with the over the shoulder shots for the conversation with the two and the way she cut her hair to take her sister's place. It wouldn't surprise me if both Sol and Qimir both were well aware of the switch, the way Qui Gon was aware of the handmaiden switch in TPM.
Old 07-01-24, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 421 Likes on 333 Posts

I'm glad you like it but, I'm sorry, it's not "fucking awesome". It's just not. It's marginally better than Kenobi and BoBF... and it's not nearly as good as Mando S1 and S2 or Andor. I respect your opinion and I'm just joking about it not being awesome... to me, it's far from it. In fact, both my wife and I fell asleep watching "Day" because it was so boring and felt like filler --- something an 8 episode series should never have. Almost all the SW stuff we get anymore is "just ok" and for the budget these shows get, it's not good enough. Maybe my opinion will change a bit when I watch Ep 5 and we all get to see the rest of the series... but there is a track record here with Disney and I know how this usually plays out.
Old 07-01-24, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And I could barely make it through Andor. I can't remember ever being as bored watching a show as I was during that one.

All of this stuff is subjective.
Old 07-01-24, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 945 Likes on 667 Posts

Well that was quite fun. I love the "Red Wedding" reference above.

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
In their defense, there's a tradition of this when it comes to Star Wars, where the Force can do this, but not that, and it's often random and plot dependent. Like Darth Vader can't tell Leia is his daughter while he's torturing her, how the Jedi couldn't get any Sith vibes off of Palpatine at all, but Kenobi can feel Alderaan being destroyed and Anakin and Obi-Wan could feel the assassination attempt on Padme while she slept.
Yeah, it's almost as if the all powerful force wasn't intended to be used in hundreds and hundreds of hours of content and media where it can easily be seen how inconsistent it is. Having marathoned the Clone Wars and Rebels not too long ago, there's one force power that would just end so many plot issues and it always sticks out to me. It happens in every show and this show is no exception. A character takes off running from an a Jedi/Sith and the Jedi/Sith pursue them for dramatic effect. They either get away or a dramatic battle ensues. No one ever force grabs them to keep them from escaping (think Kylo holding Rey still). I lost track of how many times it happened in the Clone Wars/Rebels. Seems like such a basic force power that is conveniently ignored for plot reasons.

Originally Posted by Jason
I think the easiest way to reconcile the split continuity is 1) anything from the EU that appears in the disneyverse is canon, of course. Thrawn, Pellaeon, etc. 2) everything else is "soft" canon until it's directly contradicted by something that happens. So, an EU character like Talon Karrde is soft canon,, because although he has never been mentioned, there's no reason he couldn't be. At least not yet. Given how Luke ended up in the sequel trilogy, Mara Jade is most likely no longer canon.
I wish they'd go back and do a new trilogy set between the OT and ST with Luke, Han, Leia, et al in their prime. Full CG, maybe stylized like Spider-verse or Ninja Turtles, but at least something fresh and different than The Clone Wars or Rebels. There's no reason Mara can't exist in that timeline. She just has to disappear before Force Awakens.
Goldberg74 (07-01-24)
Old 07-02-24, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,961 Likes on 2,024 Posts

Hindsight being 20/20, I really think they should have kept most of the EU canon for the Sequel Trilogy. Keep almost everything there up to a cut-off point, like the wedding of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade.

So then they could go into the sequel trilogy with all of this stuff already developed... the New Republic, the new Jedi Order, Mara Jade, Jacen and Jaina Solo. Even would have given them room to do an animated series for the Heir to the Empire trilogy and other major works from the EU that covered that era. Never mention Anakin Solo; not an outright retcon, just don't acknowledge him. After Luke and Mara have a kid, the Sequel Trilogy is already crowded enough with three Skywalker cousins.
Old 07-03-24, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

And I could barely make it through Andor. I can't remember ever being as bored watching a show as I was during that one.

All of this stuff is subjective.
I disagree with you on Andor, but your point on subjectivity is 110% accurate. There is a reason that the most successful run of Marvel movies were a variety of genre pieces set in the superhero world. They gave us variety within the familiar. Andor was not an action packed lightsaber orgy; it was a slow-paced, methodical political thriller (which is my cup of blue milk). The Mandolorian started out as a bounty hunter Western mixed with old Samurai films. The Acolyte was touted as being a murder mystery Rashomon type . . . beyond failing at being well written and executed, it simply fails at what it was touted as.

To make these Star Wars shows (not the movies, different recipe) successful, they need to quit trying to round off the edges and make them bland palatable cookie cookie juvenile/YA shit. There is an audience for that, so make those shows, that is fine, but stop taking EVERYTHING with great ideas and F(iloni)ing them up.

I hate to say it, but while Andor S2 is one of my most anticipated pieces of entertainment, I am terrified that Disney/Filoni/Kennedy will get their paws into it. I am hoping that isn't the case, since I believe Gilroy would have told them to F(iloni) off and walked.
Old 07-03-24, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 567 Likes on 396 Posts

You can keep trashing Filoni but the Clone Wars and related series were awesome. Some weak episodes... sure. But overall, great Star Wars.
Goldberg74 (07-03-24)
Old 07-04-24, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 945 Likes on 667 Posts

I've never bought into Filoni being some great SW savior. He's fine. Clone Wars had its ups and downs. Rebels was pretty awesome. Bad Batch is phenomenal. Mando started strong and petered out. Boba was terrible. He's a TV guy, for better or worse. No matter how grand of an idea or plot he puts forth it all still feels like late 90s-early aughts TV. That's, again, fine but Star Wars needs to be grander and be held to a higher standard.

That being said having someone like him at the helm is probably better than the rudderless ship approach Lucasfilm took with the sequel trilogy.
Abob Teff (07-05-24)
Old 07-05-24, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Meathead
You can keep trashing Filoni but the Clone Wars and related series were awesome. Some weak episodes... sure. But overall, great Star Wars.
I could never get in to Clone Wars and, to me, it was far from awesome. FIloni has some great ideas and has created some great characters. I thought maybe he was hampered by the format of CW, but his work in the live action series shows that is not the case. You can tell where The Mandalorian slipped from Favreau to Filoni as Filoni has a very distinctive style that relies on short-hand, simplistic storytelling that relies on writer's convenience to solve problems, and juvenile dialogue -- things that served the animated series. Filoni makes Star Wars for kids. Nothing wrong with that, but not my preferred style.

I wish there was a fan cut of Clone Wars that takes all that out. I made it through Rebels and liked most of what it brought to the table, but some parts were a chore. I tried Bad Batch and couldn't get into it either.
Old 07-05-24, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,961 Likes on 2,024 Posts

Here's an interesting article that I think summarizes a lot of what is wrong with Disney Star Wars.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-last-j...der-was-wrong/

There is a similar theme running through both The Last Jedi and The Acolyte about the relationship between the Jedi and the Force, namely the idea that the Jedi think they somehow own the Force.

Which is, on the surface, an interesting take.

But it was established in both the OT and PT that the Force is a source of great power, and when it is wielded without proper discipline and self-control, it becomes a dangerous corrupting influence.

Which make me think, if there's this immense amount of power out there that people can freely tap into, that's something that's really, really dangerous. We saw in the PT the kind of havoc and destruction that two individuals who act on selfish impulses can cause with access to that kind of power. So I don't think it's a stretch to say that some group like the Jedi who can counter these people is necessary.

I would say that, a galaxy where even one in one thousand beings are able to wield the Force to the extent that a Jedi can would be an absolute dystopian hellscape. Fear, anger, hatred, bigotry, greed, wrath, lust, pride... all unleashed by a small minority of the population. Left unchecked, this is going to produce a lot more Emperor Palpatines, Darth Vaders, and Kylo Rens than it is going to produce Yodas, IYKWIM.

There is an easy workaround to this, by simply saying that being able to use the Force in a meaningful and impactful way takes decades of practice and discipline, and that the beings born with that kind of ability are extremely rare, it circumvents these kinds of problems. Individuals won't be able to develop these abilities on their own, and the Jedi exist as a moderating and regulating influence to keep these groups and individuals from forming.

It's a matter of world-building. Makes me wonder if anyone at Lucasfilm has any kind of Star Wars Bible where all of this stuff is history, lore, mechanics, technology, metaphysics, physics, politics, and everything else germane to the operation of the Star Wars universe is kept, or if they're just pulling stuff out of their asses as they greenlight and develop new content without any thought about how it fits into the pre-existing legendarium. Is the vaunted Lucasfilm Story Group still around?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.