Reload this Page >

Scavengers Reign (Max, Netflix) - Netflix Premiere 5/31/2024

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-31-24, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 662 Likes on 459 Posts

I can't find a thread for it, but there's an extremely well reviewed Sci-Fi Animated show premiering on Netflix today:

If it sounds at all familiar, it's because it premiered on Max 7 months ago, and was cancelled.

Netflix is reportedly contemplating renewing it for a second season, if the first season does well on their service:
https://www.polygon.com/24168682/sca...ix-sci-fi-show

The reviews are crazy positive:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/scavengers_reign

So if you have time this weekend, watch the show on Netflix. It's actually still on Max as well, but the Netflix views are going to have a bigger impact on its possible future.
Old 06-08-24, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Scavengers Reign (Max, Netflix) - Netflix Premiere 5/31/2024

OK, so I haven't finished the season yet, but I'm really enjoying it.

One initial vibe I got was some strong parallels to Aeon Flux, where things are just weird and undecipherable, but undeniably captivating. The alien life on the planet is literally alien, as in extremely unlike how we expect it to work. The escape pod survivors have figured some things out, but there's still a lot unknown even to them.

Also, the show starts several weeks into them being on the planet, so you're dropped into the middle of it, and get backstory as it goes along, including what happened to the ship in the first place. The character development is great, and really hooks you in.

I'm gonna finish, as soon as life stops getting in the way, but I've enjoyed it so far. Sadly, it seems like with the response here, not many people are watching this.
https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...ming-animation
Old 06-09-24, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Scavengers Reign (Max, Netflix) - Netflix Premiere 5/31/2024

I finished the season yesterday, and I overall enjoyed it. I think the finale did a good job of wrapping up a number of storylines, bringing things to a conclusion, while also leaving the show open to additional seasons.

So I'm satisfied with what I got, but I'd be disappointed if there's never more of this excellent show.