Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Tales of the Empire (Disney+) - six-part animated anthology - Premieres 5/4/2024

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tales of the Empire (Disney+) - six-part animated anthology - Premieres 5/4/2024

Old 04-04-24, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 754 Likes on 550 Posts

Journey into the fearsome Galactic Empire through the eyes of two warriors on divergent paths ó Nightsister Morgan Elsbeth and former Jedi Barriss Offee. Like the first season following Ahsoka Tano and Count Dooku, Tales of the Empire focuses on previously untold events in the lives of the featured characters. The trailer teases that weíll learn how a young Morgan Elsbeth navigates the expanding Imperial world towards a path of vengeance, while former Jedi Barriss Offee does what she must to survive a rapidly changing galaxy. The choices they make will define their destinies.

Plus, the key art features Thrawn and the Fourth Sister, General Grievous ready for battle, Darth Vader, the Grand Inquisitor and other new and familiar characters including Wing and the Nightsisters.

Watch the trailer for yourself below!

The talented voice cast includes Diana Lee Inosanto (Morgan Elsbeth), Meredith Salenger (Barriss Offee), Rya Kihlstedt (Lyn, aka Fourth Sister), Wing T. Chao (Wing), Lars Mikkelsen (Thrawn), Jason Isaacs (Grand Inquisitor) and Matthew Wood (General Grievous).

Dave Filoni created the series, is supervising director and executive producer along with Athena Yvette Portillo and Carrie Beck. Josh Rimes serves as co-executive producer and Alex Spotswood is the senior producer.

Old 04-04-24, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 481 Likes on 332 Posts
Re: Tales of the Empire (Disney+) - six-part animated anthology - Premieres 5/4/2024

Looks awesome. Canít wait!
Old 04-24-24, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Tales of the Empire (Disney+) - six-part animated anthology - Premieres 5/4/2024

Old 04-29-24, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 05-04-24, 10:48 AM

These are now up on Disney+. Not sure if it will before or after WWE Backlash but I am definitely watching today.
Old 05-04-24, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,172 Likes on 914 Posts

Just watched them all. Pretty short so doesnít take long. Personally I found episodes one through three to be just kind of okay. Four through six were really good though.
Old 05-04-24, 07:06 PM

I thought both storylines were really good and filled in some gaps just like Tales of the Jedi did.

Spoiler:
That was Bo-Katan at the end of Ep3 answering the distress call... leading to Ahsoka's episode in The Mandalorian S2
Old 05-04-24, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Meathead
I thought both storylines were really good and filled in some gaps just like Tales of the Jedi did.

Spoiler:
That was Bo-Katan at the end of Ep3 answering the distress call... leading to Ahsoka's episode in The Mandalorian S2
Spoiler:
I wanted to enjoy the first few but just found the storyline kind of boring to be honest. I also feel like introducing the lead character over three shorts wasnít enough time to make me care about her.

The Barris storyline though tied up a loose end from The Clone Wars which worked better for me.
Old 05-05-24, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 245 Likes on 156 Posts

Both of these were well done, but I think the Jedi one was better overall. Animation was even better than Bad Batch. I'd love to see what they could do if they could break away from the Clone Wars character animation style.

Would be nice if they could make these a May 4th thing every year. I bet the next one will be Tales of The Resistance. They've spent enough time trying to provide backstory for "Somehow, Palpatine returned" and need to start redeeming the rest of the sequel trilogy.
Old 05-05-24, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I kind of like that theyíve stayed consistent in terms of animation style mostly. Visions was different and more anime inspired.

If done well I wouldnít mind seeing an animated series thatís set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. That way you could fill in some gaps and incorporate Luke, Han, and Leia without recasting in live action.
Old 05-07-24, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
So I havenít watched Ahsoka yet because I want to finish Rebels first (meaning to at some point). So I didnít realize Elsbeth is actually the season one villain. Also I barely remember her from The Mandalorian. Guess it makes sense with the distress call answered by Bo-Katan in the final short.
Old 05-07-24, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86
Spoiler:
So I havenít watched Ahsoka yet because I want to finish Rebels first (meaning to at some point). So I didnít realize Elsbeth is actually the season one villain. Also I barely remember her from The Mandalorian. Guess it makes sense with the distress call answered by Bo-Katan in the final short.
That explains why the first 3 didn't do much for you.