Reload this Page >

Marvel Animationís X-Men Ď97 (Disney+) - premieres 3/20/24

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel Animationís X-Men Ď97 (Disney+) - premieres 3/20/24

Old 05-15-24, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Re: Marvel Animationís X-Men Ď97 (Disney+) - premieres 3/20/24

Boring? Did you watch the wrong episode by mistake? Or is this sarcasm?

Amazing finale.

Still can't decide if it's stupid or accurate that we decided to launch missiles and ended up making the situation much much worse. Like were they expecting to blow away the asteroid? How stupid are the world's scientists.

The current Black Panther is Tchalla's father, I didn't expect that.

I think you lose something in the central message of "hey this is about bigotry" when you make Bastion that bwahhaha evil, going against humans and mutants alike, and becoming so far from being a human that the bigots would never follow him. I thought they did a decent job in an earlier episode when they basically said people volunteered for the Sentinel program (then had their minds wiped), but this episode kind of placed the blame solely on him for brainwashing people (obviously some were brainwashed like Trish but I thought a bunch of them were "patriots"). But minor nitpick.

Just like Claremont in my youth the X-men made me look up a word I had never heard of before: pogrom.

This is basically just a huge love letter to the X-men and I can't get enough. I mean we went through

X-cutioners Song
The trial of Magneto
Inferno
Mutant Massacre (kinda... ok it was more Astonishing X-men crossed with the X-gala)
Xavier in space
Fatal Attractions
Operation: Zero Tolerance

And they didn't take what I would consider the easy out and go straight to Onslaught, instead giving us The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix and the past of a major bad guy, Rise of A (like who thought those two mini series, well three, would make it onto the screen?).

Oh, and Shadowcat (and Rachel, kinda)! And animated Peter and Mary Jane (he found her!), and animated Force Works Iron Man!

And hoo boy the Morph/Wolverine shippers are going to be excited.

Last edited by fujishig; 05-15-24 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-15-24, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts

Nice way to set up S2 and the villain.

So so many cameos. Was cool to see them all.

Story about one of them I missed: https://www.polygon.com/24157229/x-m...-series-finale

I don't recall the extent of Rogue's powers but she never tried to touch Bastion? Maybe wouldn't work because he is basically a machine? She should have at least tried.

Last edited by Deftones; 05-15-24 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-15-24, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I noticed Quicksilver and Wanda were off world but I didn't realize that Cable, Sunspot, and Jubilee were all AWOL. Hmm...
Old 05-15-24, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I don't recall the extent of Rogue's powers but she never tried to touch Bastion? Maybe wouldn't work because he is basically a machine? She should have at least tried.
Thereís always the chance she absorbs part of the personality (even temporarily) especially if itís a psychopath. Thatís what happens if she tries that on the Juggernaut (from past episodes). Then you have two.

Last edited by Kdogg; 05-15-24 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-15-24, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig

Still can't decide if it's stupid or accurate that we decided to launch missiles and ended up making the situation much much worse. Like were they expecting to blow away the asteroid? How stupid are the world's scientists.
Make it into smaller pieces that burn up in the atmosphere or are small enough not to cause an extinction level event if they do hit. Three one mile meteors hitting are theoretically better than one three mile meteor.
Old 05-16-24, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Make it into smaller pieces that burn up in the atmosphere or are small enough not to cause an extinction level event if they do hit. Three one mile meteors hitting are theoretically better than one three mile meteor.
I understand the concept, but nobody deflected the missiles (that I saw), they hit full on, and all it did was cause Asteroid M to plummet when it was perfectly fine in the first place.

Add to that the world leaders knew Magneto had been thwarted because the power came back on. They knew that Bastion and his sentinels were a bigger threat AND that they had been defeated because the Sentinels fell. So their first response is "the muties only understand force?" And T'chaka and Captain America are the only ones who are like "welp, that's a bad idea but you do you?"

Then there's the fact that ONLY the X-men even tried to divert the asteroid, the world leaders had absolutely no other response, no superheroes to help, only a news announcement that "well, we screwed up, sorry."

Magneto was right.
Old 05-16-24, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This is going to blow some minds (the confirmation of it at least):

The following users liked this post:
lisadoris (05-17-24)