Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Primo (Freevee) - EP: Schur - premieres 5/19/23

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-18-23, 06:53 AM

Received 4,689 Likes on 3,177 Posts

The coming-of-age, single-camera comedy, inspired by Shea Serrano’s life growing up in San Antonio, follows Rafa Gonzales, a wide-eyed 16-year-old being raised by his clever mother, Drea, and his five overbearing uncles (Rollie, Mike, Ryan, Jay, and Mondo) as they live their lives on the southside of San Antonio. Rafa is at an inflection point, as three big life moments coincide: he and his friends are nearing the end of high school, he’s pretty sure he just met the girl of his dreams, and he just found out he has a real chance to become the first person in his family to go to college. Over the course of the series, the group—Rafa, his mom, uncles, friends, and crush—will all affect each other and help one another grow in ways they weren’t expecting, whether they like it or not.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Carlos Santos as Ryan
· Christina Vidal as Drea
· Efraín Villa as Mondo
· Henri Esteve as Mike
· Ignacio Diaz-Silverio as Rafa
· Johnny Rey Diaz as Rollie
· Jonathan Medina as Jay
· Martin Martinez as Miguel
· Nigel Siwabessy as Harris
· Stakiah Lynn Washington as Mya

CREW INFORMATION:
· David Miner as EP
· Kabir Akhtar as DIR (Pilot)
· Lisa Muse Bryant as EP
· Michael Schur as EP
· Morgan Sackett as EP
· Peter Murrieta as EP
· Shea Serrano as CRTR/EP
Old 06-06-23, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 287 Likes on 238 Posts
Re: Primo (Freevee) - EP: Schur - premieres 5/19/23

I am on the second episode and plan to finish watching this show. It is nothing groundbreaking but still a fun show to watch. It helps that I am a fan of Christina Vidal.

This show, Sprung, and Troppo are all Freevee originals I have enjoyed, not bad for a free streaming service if you are willing to put up with some commercials.
Old 06-06-23, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,383 Likes on 4,369 Posts

I watched the pilot because I am a big fan of Shae. Loved his Movies and his Basketball books (not a big rap fan, so I skipped that third one). I thought this was just okay. Didn't really hit for me. A few laughs but not a lot. A little too 'wholesome family sitcom' for my taste and the Uncles were too cartoony for the rest of the series, which seems more grounded. I think I'm out.
The following users liked this post:
Cusm (06-08-23)
Old 06-09-23, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 287 Likes on 238 Posts

I can see where you are coming from, but this was an easy to watch before I go to sleep show. I would get through an episode or two and just go down for the count. Fun fact, Melissa Fumero directed a couple of episodes. It looks like directors were tasked to direct 2 eps a piece. I am on the last episode and if it turns out to be one and done I can live that. It was easy enough to watch while it lasted.
Old 06-09-23, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

We enjoyed the first episode and will continue the series due to the clever writing and characters.

Prefer Hulu's "This Fool" series though as it's raunchier in general and the laughs are huge.