DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan (Amazon) - Season 4 - The Final Season - premieres 6/30/23 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/657714-tom-clancy%92s-jack-ryan-amazon-season-4-final-season-premieres-6-30-23-a.html)

dex14 05-09-23 09:17 AM

Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan (Amazon) - Season 4 - The Final Season - premieres 6/30/23

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...f2c2d464b2.jpg

Superman07 05-09-23 09:54 AM

Re: Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan (Amazon) - Season 4 - The Final Season - premieres 6/30/23

June 30?! They film this back to back with season 3? I assumed this was a year away since S3 was out recently.

dex14 05-09-23 10:02 AM

Re: Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan (Amazon) - Season 4 - The Final Season - premieres 6/30/23

Originally Posted by Superman07 (Post 14270473)
June 30?! They film this back to back with season 3? I assumed this was a year away since S3 was out recently.

No, they just held off premiering Season 3 for a while. It started filming in May 2021. Season 4 started filming in February 2022.

Red Dog 05-09-23 10:18 AM

Yeah, I was wondering about the quick turnaround too. But good to hear, especially with the writer's strike.

Superman07 05-09-23 10:31 AM

And it’s only 6 episodes. :|

dex14 05-09-23 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Superman07 (Post 14270486)
And it’s only 6 episodes. :|

Yup. Two episodes a week over 3 weeks.

GoldenJCJ 05-09-23 06:12 PM

Season 3 was a big improvement over season 2 so I’m excited for more!

Also pleasantly surprised this isn’t a year or two away.

RocShemp 05-10-23 12:21 AM

Sad this is the final season, but glad I won't have to wait too long to see it. I wonder if they'd be willing to adapt the books as movies once the show is over.

dex14 05-31-23 09:17 AM

Prime Video has released the full trailer for the fourth and final season of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, which will debut Friday, June 30, with its first two episodes, followed by weekly double-episode drops through July 14.

In Season 4, Jack Ryan (played by John Krasinski) is on his most dangerous mission yet: facing an enemy both foreign and domestic. Now serving as the CIA Acting Deputy Director, he is tasked with unearthing internal corruption, and in doing so, he uncovers a series of suspicious black ops that could expose the vulnerability of the country.

As Jack and the team investigate how deep the corruption runs, he discovers a far-worse reality — the convergence of a drug cartel with a terrorist organization — ultimately revealing a conspiracy much closer to home, and testing Ryan’s belief in the system he has always fought to protect.

The Season 4 cast also includes Wendell Pierce as James Greer, Michael Kelly as Mike November, Betty Gabriel as CIA Acting Director Elizabeth Wright, and Abbie Cornish as Cathy Mueller.

Joining the cast for the farewell run, meanwhile, are Michael Peña (Narcos: Mexico) as Domingo Chavez and Louis Ozawa (Hunters) as Chao Fah.

GoldenJCJ 05-31-23 11:18 AM

Glad to hear Ding Chavez will be in this season. I wouldn’t have thought of Michael Peña for the role but I guess I can see it.

RocShemp 05-31-23 06:08 PM

Abbie Cornish is back! :banana:

Weird that we're getting Ding but no Clark.

Shannon Nutt 06-03-23 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 14279694)
Abbie Cornish is back! :banana:

That looks/feels very much like a cameo...maybe even one scene. Not "feeling" Season 4 with that trailer...seems like just another adventure rather than the "final" season. Did they know it was going to be the last one when they shot it, or was that decision made later?

DJariya 06-03-23 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 14280838)
That looks/feels very much like a cameo...maybe even one scene. Not "feeling" Season 4 with that trailer...seems like just another adventure rather than the "final" season. Did they know it was going to be the last one when they shot it, or was that decision made later?

https://deadline.com/2022/05/jack-ry...cy-1235014723/

They announced it was the final season over a year ago in the middle of production. So they knew. It wasn't just abruptly cancelled. And looks like Krasinski only committed to 4 seasons according to that story.

He's a busy guy. He's directing a movie called Imaginary Friends and has a bunch of projects he's producing like the A Quiet Place prequel Day One.

RocShemp 06-03-23 09:13 PM

Whatever the case, I hope this ends on a high note. It'll be interesting to see Peña as Ding reimagined as a pseudo John Clark. Shame Without Remorse sucked as it'd been cool to see Michael B. Jordan in this as well.

DJariya 06-29-23 11:41 AM

Reminder this drops tomorrow. However, Amazon tends to drop their shows a little early.

2 episodes per week for 3 weeks. 6 episode season.

dex14 06-29-23 11:52 AM

They'll likely be up at 8pm ET.

Goldberg74 06-29-23 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 14290772)
They'll likely be up at 8pm ET.

They’re up now.

csant 07-03-23 12:07 AM

Now that is interesting... I want more NOW!

Superman07 07-03-23 10:47 AM

First episode was pretty good. We’ll probably watch #2 tonight. The Mexican plot was the most interesting. Could have done without the future snippet then jumping back in time.

Cellar Door 07-07-23 11:16 PM

I'm liking this season so far, through episode 4. There are a lot of different players to keep track of. I appreciate the intelligence/analysis aspect of the story, though ep 4 does have a big action sequence.

Goldberg74 07-07-23 11:28 PM

I watched eps one and two tonight and found something really out of place that might be a plot point down the road… so I’ll spoiler it:
Spoiler:
I noticed it on the desks of both Chao Fah (in episode one) and Miller (in episode two)… a Holy Bible. More specifically, one branded as the King James Version published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (as can be read at the bottom of the spine).

As a member of the LDS Church, it jumped right out at me and it seemed odd, especially when Miller got out an alcoholic drink and set it on the desk next to it.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...d6e6da15e.jpeg

Now, I’m not sure how widely known it is, but there are quite a few members of the LDS faith that work in the FBI (and some in the CIA)… so I wonder if this book will be used as a plot device at some point (like a cipher).

I’m not saying that this season will culminate in an assault on Salt Lake City, but this use of this particular type of Bible might be something to pay attention too… or just be a prop that was easy to get their hands on as they are given away.

I’m going to watch the next two episodes tomorrow and see what happens.

Edit to add a detail about what I’ve spoilers above… a continuity error of sorts:
Spoiler:
The book on Miller’s desk in the far shots and the book that he grabs in the close-up shots are two different books.

In the far shots, the book is a hardback book. In the close-up shots it’s a soft leather cover.

When Chavez walks into the room, and Miller puts his hand on the Bible, you can see the top right corner of the cover fold up. I have this exact same book and know the difference between the soft leather cover and the hard cardboard cover of the books.

So there has to be something special with this version of the Bible that they are using that they would focus on the close-up shots.

Oh, and one more comment… when Jack is drug into the room and hoisted up on the rack, I thought to myself, I can’t see any of the current or recent past POTUSs doing something like this for their country.

Jack Ryan is a rare breed. 😉

Goldberg74 07-08-23 11:47 PM

Watched three and four tonight… and can’t wait for five and six next weekend.

Nothing came up so far on my theory on the Bible but giggled at the reference of Ade saying how “Mormon missionaries helped his village turn things around and gave him an opportunity to come to the states.” 🤣

Anywho, episode four was fantastic and the action was intense there for a bit.

Greer is a beast. Quick thinking and quick feet saved his butt.

DJariya 07-09-23 02:12 AM

Finally started it tonight. Good to see Jack and Greer back so soon. And also great to see Cathy back as well. :drool: Abbie Cornish looks great. I guess this takes place at least 1 year after the events of season 3.

Cool seeing Jack and Domingo meet. Will be interesting to see where that goes.

One thing I did notice. In the trailer for season 4, there was a typo on Domingo's computer profile. It said "Isreal" instead of "Israel" The scene came up and I stopped it and what do you know, they actually fixed it.

Cecile 07-09-23 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 14294435)
Watched three and four tonight… and can’t wait for five and six next weekend.

Nothing came up so far on my theory on the Bible but giggled at the reference of Ade saying how “Mormon missionaries helped his village turn things around and gave him an opportunity to come to the states.” 🤣

Anywho, episode four was fantastic and the action was intense there for a bit.

Greer is a beast. Quick thinking and quick feet saved his butt.

Definitely agree with your theory of the bibles; that jumped right out at me as well.

dex14 07-10-23 08:07 AM

I guess it is alright so far. It is kind of crazy that the season and series will already be over this week with the final 2 episodes.

Maybe this won't be the end of the Krasinski playing the character. It would be cool to see him crossover with Jordan's Clark somehow.

As a whole, I feel this series was a missed opportunity. As much as I liked Krasinski in the role, it never totally felt like the character of Jack Ryan to me. I wish they would've tried to adapt the books instead of coming up with original stories.