Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Extrapolations (Apple TV+) - C: Scott Z. Burns - premieres 3/17/23

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-23, 07:05 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Extrapolations (Apple TV+) - C: Scott Z. Burns - premieres 3/17/23

Watch your future unfold. From the writer of Contagion comes Extrapolations, premiering March 17 on Apple TV+ https://apple.co/_Extrapolations

Extrapolations is a bracing drama from writer, director and executive producer Scott Z. Burns that introduces a near future where the chaotic effects of climate change have become embedded into our everyday lives. Eight interwoven stories about love, work, faith and family from across the globe will explore the intimate, life-altering choices that must be made when the planet is changing faster than the population. Every story is different, but the fight for our future is universal. And when the fate of humanity is up against a ticking clock, the battle between courage and complacency has never been more urgent. Are we brave enough to become the solution to our own undoing before it’s too late?

The series stars Meryl Streep, Sienna Miller, Kit Harington, Daveed Diggs, Edward Norton, Diane Lane, Tahar Rahim, Yara Shahidi, Matthew Rhys, Gemma Chan, David Schwimmer, Adarsh Gourav, Keri Russell, Marion Cotillard, Forest Whitaker, Eiza González, Murray Bartlett, Indira Varma, Tobey Maguire, MaameYaa Boafo, Hari Nef, Heather Graham, Michael Gandolfini, Cherry Jones, Gaz Choudhry, Ben Harper, Judd Hirsch and Neska Rose.

Extrapolations is executive produced by Burns, Gregory Jacobs, Dorothy Fortenberry and Media Res’ Michael Ellenberg and Lindsey Springer. The series marks another partnership for Apple TV+ and Media Res, joining Emmy, SAG and Critics Choice Award winner “The Morning Show,” and AFI Award-winning series “Pachinko.”
Old 03-19-23, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: Extrapolations (Apple TV+) - C: Scott Z. Burns - premieres 3/17/23

First 3 episodes are live, it's weekly thereafter.
Old 03-21-23, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Anybody watching this? The cast is incredible but I found myself mostly bored during the first episode. The world is ending but they have Jon Snow playing a mustache-twirling corporate villain who can fix everything --- if ONLY the world would pay him billions and billions of more dollars. Not sure I want to bother with future episodes because the first one feels so poorly written. I'm interested in what others think.
Old 03-21-23, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I watched the first episode and the visuals are insane, but it's an equally insanely bleak show, I could not watch the following two episodes. It was also crazy to see Perry Mason (Rys?) being an actual piece of shit on there.

I'll watch the other episodes this week, but it's not a bingeable due to how depressing it is.
Old 03-27-23, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

New episode went up this past Friday and it's the Edward Norton episode. Less bleak than the previous ones, but this series isn't a happy one. The visual effects are still fucking impressive.
Old 03-27-23, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Yeah, I'm out. I can't do it.