Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Accused (FOX) -- Based on BBC series -- From the producers of 24, Homeland & House -- Premieres 1/22/23

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Accused (FOX) -- Based on BBC series -- From the producers of 24, Homeland & House -- Premieres 1/22/23

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-22, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

From Emmy Award-winning producer Howard Gordon, the co-creator of landmark television, such as Homeland, and the showrunner of 24, comes Accused - a collection of 15 intense, topical and exquisitely human stories of crime and punishment. Each episode is a fast-paced provocative thriller, exploring a different crime, in a different city, with an entirely original cast. Based on the BBC's BAFTA-winning crime anthology, Accused opens in a courtroom on the defendant, with viewers knowing nothing about their crime or how they ended up on trial. Told from the defendant's point of view through flashbacks, the show holds a mirror up to current times with evocative and emotional stories. In the end, audiences will discover how an ordinary person gets caught up in extraordinary circumstances, and how one impulsive decision can impact the course of that life - and the lives of others -- forever. Developed by Howard Gordon (Homeland, 24) and executive-produced by Gordon, Alex Gansa (Homeland, 24) and David Shore (House, The Good Doctor), Accused once again fearlessly takes on the hottest topics of our time.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:

· Aaron Ashmore
· Abigail Breslin
· Aisha Dee
· August Maturo
· Baron Vaughn
· Blaine Kern
· Chris Coy
· Daphne Rubin-Vega
· Ian Anthony Dale
· J. Harrison Ghee
· Jack Davenport
· Jean-Michel Le Gal
· Jill Hennessy
· Joshua Castille
· Julia Chan
· Karen LeBlanc
· Kristen Connolly
· Kyle Schmid
· Lauren Ridloff
· Malcolm Jamal Warner
· Margo Martindale
· Mary Lynn Rajskub
· Megan Boone
· Michael Chiklis
· Molly Parker
· Natalie Benally
· Oakes Fegley
· Rachel Bilson
· Reid Miller
· Rhea Pearlman
· Robert I. Mesa
· Robert Wisdom
· Sean Kleier
· Stephanie Nogueras
· Takashi Yamaguchi
· Wendell Pierce
· Whitney Cummings
· Willam Belli
15 episode season. It's based on a BBC Crime anthology series. It's from Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, who produced 24 and Homeland. And David Shore, who created House and The Good Doctor.

Old 12-18-22, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts
Re: Accused (FOX) -- Based on BBC series -- From the producers of 24, Homeland & House -- Premieres 1/22/

I’ll check it out, since my OC crush Rachel Bilson is in this haha
Old 01-22-23, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Accused (FOX) -- Based on BBC series -- From the producers of 24, Homeland & House -- Premieres 1/22/

This premieres tonight after the football game. After 10pm ET.
Old 01-22-23, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 945 Likes on 719 Posts

So I watched Accused We Need To Talk About Devin tonight, and for some reason the local affiliate cut in with commercials during the hostage scene. By the time the commercials were over, it cut back to the trial where the judge was giving her ruling. I can kind of guess by context, but how did the hostage scene resolve. Spoiler it if you need to.
Old 01-22-23, 10:31 PM

Received 802 Likes on 523 Posts

I saw the first 35 minutes of this premiere before I got a phone call from my son.

Curious to how it ended, I found and read this article over at Deadline that has an interview tacked on at the end with the creator. Pretty interesting article.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/accused...235229632/amp/

I saw the plot going one way and wasn't surprised reading how it ended. Shocking, but different. Tough, but timely.

I guess the next new ep is on Tuesday.
Old 01-22-23, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Paff
I can kind of guess by context, but how did the hostage scene resolve. Spoiler it if you need to.
Here you go. This is from the article above:
Spoiler:
Only, he doesn’t use the money for a trip. He uses the money to buy guns, bullets, and other weapons to conduct a mass shooting at his school, killing several students and himself. Only then do we learn that the charges against Scott are accessory to murder for providing the money to his son after already having concerns about his violent behavior.

So if you can help me out, what was the verdict? (That’s what the article doesn’t say.)
Old 01-22-23, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk God

I was initially planning to DVR this post football game. But, I don't want to deal with padding anymore and this gets dropped on Hulu Monday morning, so I'll just watch it then.
Old 01-22-23, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Here you go. This is from the article above:
Spoiler:
Only, he doesn’t use the money for a trip. He uses the money to buy guns, bullets, and other weapons to conduct a mass shooting at his school, killing several students and himself. Only then do we learn that the charges against Scott are accessory to murder for providing the money to his son after already having concerns about his violent behavior.

So if you can help me out, what was the verdict? (That’s what the article doesn’t say.)
Spoiler:
Judge rules that the prosecution did not prove the case, that his actions were negligent but not criminal. Claire Kincaid asks Scott if he really did intend to kill Devin on the camping trip. He doesn't answer, but she says she wish he had
Old 01-22-23, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Paff
Spoiler:
Judge rules that the prosecution did not prove the case, that his actions were negligent but not criminal. Claire Kincaid asks Scott if he really did intend to kill Devin on the camping trip. He doesn't answer, but she says she wish he had
Thanks… and when you said “Claire Kincaid”, I was like, “oh, he means Jordan Cavannah.”

🤣
Old 01-23-23, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

I just watched this on Hulu. Excellent one episode drama. Makes you think.

If you're like me and losing patience for how movies and even streaming shows drag their stories out, then you should check this out.

Jill Hennessy looks good.
Old 01-23-23, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Wow that was excellent. Really gut wrenching and it really made you think about the dilemma Chiklis’ character was going through. I did not expect that answer at the end. A really well done one and done episode.

Old 01-24-23, 09:18 PM

Tonight's episode (S01E02, "Ava's Story") was great too.

Marlee Matlin's directing was fantastic.

Great acting by a stellar cast of Megan Boone (from The Black List), Aaron Ashmore (not Shawn), Stephanie Nogueros, Lauren Ridloff (from TWD), and Josh Castille (never seen hm before)... so far Accused is 2 for 2 with me.
Old 01-26-23, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I only caught the very end of the Tuesday episode so I really can't comment on it. As for Sunday,

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
I just watched this on Hulu. Excellent one episode drama. Makes you think.
Originally Posted by DJariya
Wow that was excellent. Really gut wrenching and it really made you think about the dilemma Chiklis’ character was going through. I did not expect that answer at the end. A really well done one and done episode.
Just curious, have either of you seen the 2011 film We Need to Talk About Kevin? That's the source of the joke I made earlier, and the plot of the movie and the Accused pilot are very similar (not to mention the rhyming names of Kevin and Devin). In the film, Tilda Swinton plays the mother of a sociopathic boy (Ezra Miller, probably an example of absolute perfect casting) who massacred a bunch of fellow high school students. What made the film so compelling is that it's never quite answered whether Kevin's emotional issues are nature or nurture; Swinton was clearly enjoying a childfree marriage and career, and was thrust into motherhood due to an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy. But it's also not an easy watch, I don't know if I'd want to subject myself to it again.
Old 01-26-23, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

I have not seen that movie
Old 01-26-23, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

Really enjoyed both of the aired episodes. Rare quality written show on FOX.

Seeing Wesley from The Rookie in the 2nd episode threw me off a bit but not enough to distract from the story.
Old 01-26-23, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan

Seeing Wesley from The Rookie in the 2nd episode threw me off a bit but not enough to distract from the story.
You didn't see him. You saw his twin brother Aaron..
Old 01-26-23, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

Oh, shit. I had no idea they were twins or that Shawn had a brother. Never had a reason to look him/them up.
Old 01-26-23, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Really enjoyed both of the aired episodes. Rare quality written show on FOX.
Yep. I've been impressed with these first 2 episodes. Rare quality from FOX.
Old 01-26-23, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
I have not seen that movie
Oh, you should. Fantastic piece of cinema. Just know going in that it's a real kick-in-the-groin of a movie, one you will not be compelled to ever rewatch
Old 01-26-23, 10:48 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Both of them appeared in just as many recognizable shows, so they are pretty on par, so it really makes confusing. Was this the one from X-men and The Following? Or Killjoys and Smallville?
Old 01-27-23, 01:17 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

This kind of reminded me of In Justice, a show that was on ABC that had Kyle MacLachlan in it.

I really liked the first one, I thought the ending of the second one was a bit eyerolling, but otherwise good.
Old 01-27-23, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Gizmo
Both of them appeared in just as many recognizable shows, so they are pretty on par, so it really makes confusing. Was this the one from X-men and The Following? Or Killjoys and Smallville?
Yes, Shawn is currently on The Rookie and we know him from the X-men and The Following.

Aaron - who was in this show - is from Killjoys and Smallville.

I knew that it wasn't Shawn because his arms aren't that big. Seems Aaron likes to workout a bit more than his twin.
Old 02-02-23, 09:23 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

I thought the latest episode, with Rachel Bilson, was the first dud of the series.

Old 02-02-23, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
I thought the latest episode, with Rachel Bilson, was the first dud of the series.
Agreed. It felt like more of a bizarre Twilight Zone episode. We were both scratching our heads at the ending.
Old 02-03-23, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk God

I haven't seen the latest episode from this week yet, but I agree about the 2nd. It was pretty solid up until the ending. I was like C'Mon now that would never happen! But all the actors were good including the deaf woman, the guy who played her partner and Megan Boone.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.