Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO) - Season 12 Thread - The Final Season - premieres 2/4/24

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO) - Season 12 Thread - The Final Season - premieres 2/4/24

Old 04-10-24, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 922 Likes on 562 Posts
Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO) - Season 12 Thread - The Final Season - premieres 2/4/24

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
I was caught off guard by how old Jerry looks now.
If it's any consolation, I hear his wife hasn't aged much at all!
Old 04-10-24, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 293 Likes on 213 Posts
Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO) - Season 12 Thread - The Final Season - premieres 2/4/24

Originally Posted by DeFan
It was interesting seeing Larry David revisiting some issues with the Seinfeld finale but it wasn't that funny. I watched a couple of episodes from this season and none of them were that funny. Transgender story left over from Seinfeld isn't funny. Covid's not funny. Leon has never been funny. Bruce Springsteen tries but he's not an actor. Sex on the floor isn't funny, sometimes it's a necessity.

Then I went back and watched "Palestinian Chicken". Aside from reminding me of the great Zankou Chicken it's actually funny. It allows situations to develop instead of forcing them. Curb was a great series and it didn't go out on the low of Seinfeld but it didn't go out on a high either.
Leon has never been funny!? He's been freaking hilarious 99% of the time!
The following 4 users liked this post by Daytripper:
BDB (04-11-24), Boondock Saint (04-11-24), majorjoe23 (04-13-24), Phodg (04-17-24)
Old 04-11-24, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 922 Likes on 562 Posts

Leon needs a spinoff.
The following 3 users liked this post by emanon:
BDB (04-11-24), Boondock Saint (04-11-24), Spiderbite (04-11-24)
Old 04-11-24, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,148 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by emanon
Leon needs a spinoff.
I came in here to post exactly that. Though it would be tough not having Larry there to bounce stuff off of because their back and forths with them trying not to break cracks me up as much as the jokes themselves.

"Titty Taffy" had me laugh out loud pretty hard.

I thought it was a great finale for a great show.
The following users liked this post:
BDB (04-11-24)
Old 04-13-24, 02:07 PM

Received 4,692 Likes on 3,179 Posts

Bruce added “floor fucking” into the legendary E-Street band intro.

Decker (04-13-24)
Old 04-29-24, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
I have to be honest these SNL style skits making references to Trump, Elections, etc... have already been done and frankly is stale.

I really like Curb for the interaction between the people over mundane everyday circumstances - the politics stuff is getting over done (SNL, every late night host, etc).. the jokes are not original.

In addition, Seinfeld and this show don't really work when they are not in their 'home town.' ( I didn't like when the whole group has to find some excuse to travel to Georgia or some other state.) and

I really don't hope that this ends with Larry going to jail at the end to join Jerry, George, Kramer, Elaine in jail
Originally Posted by Coral
I'm assuming you don't mean literally joining them in jail, since Seinfeld is still only a show in the CYE universe.
But yeah, Larry going to prison at the end of the show would be lame.
I just finished watching the final episode over the weekend and have mixed reviews. It was painful to watch the same ending as Seinfeld play out again as I predicted.

However, I guess it was a novel idea to use this as a way to rewrite the ending with a mistrial - and have Jerry and Larry say... this is how Seinfeld should have ended.

This season was not that good - I am not a fan of Covid jokes, bashing right wing politics, and the overall SNL playbook. However Leon was very funny - but he needs a straight man for him to play off of
uteotw (04-29-24)