DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Echo 3 (Apple TV+) - C: Mark Boal, S: Luke Evans, Michiel Huisman, Jessica Collins - premieres 11/23/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/656756-echo-3-apple-tv-c-mark-boal-s-luke-evans-michiel-huisman-jessica-collins-premieres-11-23-22-a.html)

dex14 11-21-22 07:07 AM

Echo 3 (Apple TV+) - C: Mark Boal, S: Luke Evans, Michiel Huisman, Jessica Collins - premieres 11/23/22

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...259baee996.jpg

Luke Evans and Michiel Huisman star in Echo 3, a new series about a brilliant scientist kidnapped in Colombia, and her brother and husband who will stop at nothing to bring her home. From Mark Boal, Academy-Award winning writer of The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty. Stream Echo 3 on November 23 on Apple TV+.

Echo 3 is an action-packed thriller set in South America that follows Amber Chesborough (Jessica Ann Collins), a brilliant young scientist who is the emotional heart of a small American family. When Amber goes missing along the Colombia-Venezuela border, her brother, Bambi (Evans), and her husband, Prince (Huisman) – two men with deep military experience and complicated pasts – struggle to find her in a layered personal drama, set against the explosive backdrop of a secret war. Echo 3 also stars Martina Gusman as Violetta, a prominent political columnist. The series features James Udom, Maria Del Rosario, Alejandro Furth, Juan Pablo Raba and special guest star, Bradley Whitford. Echo 3 is also based on the award-winning series “When Heroes Fly,” created by Omri Givon, and inspired by the eponymous novel by Amir Gutfreund.
Three episode premieres, 10 episodes total.

jpcamb 11-22-22 08:54 AM

Re: Echo 3 (Apple TV+) - C: Mark Boal, S: Luke Evans, Michiel Huisman, Jessica Collins - premieres 11/23/

I would really expect Apple to be dropping a lot more content to go with the price increase. I may check this out but I am about to drop the streamer as there really is nothing I am watching right now.

Jason 11-23-22 10:20 AM

Re: Echo 3 (Apple TV+) - C: Mark Boal, S: Luke Evans, Michiel Huisman, Jessica Collins - premieres 11/23/

Originally Posted by jpcamb (Post 14194943)
I would really expect Apple to be dropping a lot more content to go with the price increase. I may check this out but I am about to drop the streamer as there really is nothing I am watching right now.

I'm finally watching Ted Lasso, but after season three of that is over and they finish up For All Mankind I'll probably bail. Foundation was terrible, See didn't do anything for me, and Invasion was straight up garbage.

Deftones 11-23-22 11:12 AM

If Apple gets NFL Sunday ticket, expect the complete opposite. :lol:

randian 11-24-22 06:08 AM

I assume the price increase was to pay for the billions they've committed to sports. If anything their dramatic content will suffer.

devilshalo 11-24-22 11:31 AM

This felt like part of a campaign to some COD game. Will keep watching.

Why So Blu? 11-24-22 03:43 PM

Looks good.

Deftones 11-25-22 09:55 PM

First episode was pretty good. Little bit of action, little bit of drama. I am curious to see how this plays out over so many episodes.

Deftones 11-26-22 11:14 PM

Episode 2 was really good. Loved the assault on the stash house.

Deftones 12-20-22 10:35 PM

James Udom was fucking awesome in episode 6. "Tit for tat mother fucker." :lol:

RichC2 01-13-23 10:05 PM

Episode 9 was bad ass, episode 10 was blah.

Runaway 01-20-23 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 14219862)
Episode 9 was bad ass, episode 10 was blah.

That kind of sums up the season for me. The action packed episodes are really awesome, but the characters weren't developed enough for the quieter moments.

Osiris3657 01-21-23 11:06 AM

Is this like The Unit? I tried that show when it aired. I liked the action, but the other half of the show with all the family drama killed my interest in the show.

Runaway 01-22-23 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 (Post 14223208)
Is this like The Unit? I tried that show when it aired. I liked the action, but the other half of the show with all the family drama killed my interest in the show.

No, not like The Unit. The Unit were basically two shows, one about the Unit and one about some army wives. This one just hits the breaks real hard after a strong start and it just doesn't happen a lot, for a few episodes.

mugwump 01-23-23 10:54 AM

I've spent three separate nights over a month-long span trying to get through the first episode but I just dislike all of the main characters so don't know if it's worth carrying on at this point. Sounds like it gets better but at this point I wouldn't mind if they got lost in the jungle.

Deftones 01-23-23 11:26 AM

Haven't watched the finale yet. I may just pretend episode 9 was the finale and leave it at that.

Runaway 01-23-23 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 14224246)
Haven't watched the finale yet. I may just pretend episode 9 was the finale and leave it at that.

I was acutally suprised, there was a tenth episode, although the ending would have been pretty abrupt.
Episode 10 has one very long action sequence, which isn't bad, but the story surrounding it, isnt't interesting. Like mugwump said, the characters are just unlikeable.