Jason David Frank (Tommy from Power Rangers) - Dead at 49

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jason David Frank (Tommy from Power Rangers) - Dead at 49

Old 11-22-22, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts
Re: Jason David Frank (Tommy from Power Rangers) - Dead at 49

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
Damn.. I mean no matter how it happened it would have been sad, but reading that sucks. This celebrity death is oddly hitting me more than I expected. I think because he was one of my childhood heroes. RIP.
Me too. I was the right age for the show when in first aired. Never had the figures but I'd watch it religiously until Turbo. By then I began to gradually check out. But I still kept tabs on it.

Reading just how he died, made me literally slump in my seat. Truth be told, I keep hoping this is some overblown hoax. I know it's not but I really want it to be.
Old 11-22-22, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 179 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: Jason David Frank (Tommy from Power Rangers) - Dead at 49

I seem to be the only one here who has followed the entire franchise closely for the last 29 years. After hearing this news on Sunday, I began watching MMPR eps., including the arc where the Green Ranger loses his powers and Tommy re-emerges as the White Ranger. Then I cracked open my PR Dino Thunder box set for the first time since I bought it six years ago. It's the 2004 season where Tommy comes back as a high school science teacher in Reefside, CA, and mentors three of his students as the new PR team before joining them in the 5th episode as the Black Ranger. The 4th episode, "Legacy of Power," was the 500th episode in the franchise and offers a video montage of the previous decade of Power Rangers history with clips from every previous season. I had watched quite a number of episodes of Dino Thunder when it first aired before I began taping them for future viewing, but hadn't seen any episodes since then, 18 years ago. I'd forgotten how good the season is. And Frank is featured in a lot of superbly staged fight scenes out of costume.