Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Wolf Pack (Paramount +) -- S: Sarah Michelle Gellar -- From the creator of Teen Wolf -- Premieres 1/26/23

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Wolf Pack (Paramount +) -- S: Sarah Michelle Gellar -- From the creator of Teen Wolf -- Premieres 1/26/23

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-22, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Premiering at New York Comic Con 2022, the teaser for Wolf Pack offers a first look at the gripping new Paramount+ Original series following a group of teenagers whose lives are forever changed when a California wildfire awakens a terrifying supernatural creature. Wolf Pack stars Sarah Michelle Gellar, Rodrigo Santoro, Armani Jackson, Bella Shepard, Chloe Rose Robertson, and Tyler Lawrence Gray.

NY Comic Con released this teaser trailer yesterday. This new show was announced at SDCC.
Old 01-12-23, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Wolf Pack (Paramount +) -- S: Sarah Michelle Gellar -- From the creator of Teen Wolf -- Premieres 1/2

Here's the promo poster

Based on the book series by Edo Van Belkom, WOLF PACK follows a teenage boy and girl whose lives are changed forever when a California wildfire awakens a terrifying supernatural creature and drives it to attack a highway traffic jam beneath the burning hills. Wounded in the chaos, the boy and girl are inexplicably drawn to each other and to two other teenagers who were adopted 16 years earlier by a park ranger after another mysterious wildfire. As the full moon rises, all four teens come together to unravel the secret that connects them - the bite and blood of a werewolf.

WOLF PACK cast members include Armani Jackson, Bella Shepard, Chloe Rose Robertson, Tyler Lawrence Gray, Rodrigo Santoro and Sarah Michelle Gellar. Additional cast includes Bailey Stender, Chase Liefeld, Hollie Bahar, Lanny Joon, Rio Mangini, Stella Smith, Zack Nelson, James Martinez, Amy Pietz, Bria Brimmer, John L. Adams and Sean Philip Glasgow.

Written and executive produced by Jeff Davis, the series is a part of his multi-year deal with MTV Entertainment Studios. Davis is also writing and producing the upcoming Paramount+ original film TEEN WOLF: THE MOVIE, which is produced by MTV Entertainment and MGM. In addition to Davis, Joe Genier, Mike Elliott and Karen Gorodetzky serve as executive producers for Capital Arts. Jason Ensler, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Christian Taylor serve as executive producers.

Full trailer. This premieres in a few weeks

Last edited by DJariya; 01-25-23 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-25-23, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Wolf Pack (Paramount +) -- S: Sarah Michelle Gellar -- From the creator of Teen Wolf -- Premieres 1/2

This gets dropped late tonight at Midnight pacific/3am ET

IGN hated it. AV Club gave it a C-

Turns out this is not a spin-off of Teen Wolf. It's based on different source material.
Old 01-25-23, 09:30 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

This is a weekly series....maybe that'll help. It certainly doesn't look very promising
Old 01-26-23, 01:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I'll stick with it since it's weekly, but a long slow opening. Would have been better with a double episode premiere.

SMG has only a few minutes of screen time.
Old 01-26-23, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

I enjoyed it for a first episode. The casting was pretty good and there's enough mystery to keep me intrigued. Still, ity does seem like a Teen Wolf rip-off in many ways, but I do understand the same folks are working on the show, so I understand. Maybe they can do a crossover someday. I wish Sarah Michelle Gellar had had more time, but I think her role will expand in future episodes.
Old 02-12-23, 04:09 PM

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Whoa, slow down everybody! I can't keep up with all the discussion.

The first couple episodes were too slow, but they kicked it up some in the 3rd. They picked some good-lookin' actresses for the leads.

What an easy paycheck for SMG - she's barely in this. Hope they expand her role soon.
Old 03-27-23, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

not sure that finale had enough cliffhangers. will watch more if it gets another season