Search this Thread

Old 09-21-22, 12:42 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (S1E06) - "Just Jen" - 9/22/22

Old 09-22-22, 05:30 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (S1E06) - "Just Jen" - 9/22/22

Couldn’t sleep so I watched this along with Andor.

In the beginning I found this show mildly amusing but the show is really starting to wear out it’s welcome. It’s pretty much a one note comedy and this episode was particularly unfunny. Yes, men suck, we know that, can we just move on from this instead of spending so much time of the show on this theme? It would be one thing if the humor was subtle or clever, but it’s neither, it keeps hammering you over the head with it.

The writing on this show is really poor. The best parts of the show should be the law stuff and it’s the worst of it.

Watch, next week’s episode we find out Jen’s new “boyfriend” turns out to be a plant, further confirming that all men suck.
Old 09-22-22, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
Watch, next week’s episode we find out Jen’s new “boyfriend” turns out to be a plant, further confirming that all men suck.
DC Crossover!

The following 3 users liked this post by Josh-da-man:
cultshock (09-25-22), Kurt D (09-22-22), majorjoe23 (09-22-22)
Old 09-22-22, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Saw this on Twitter:

The following 4 users liked this post by ViewAskewbian:
lisadoris (09-23-22), majorjoe23 (09-22-22), TomOpus (09-22-22), Wolf359 (09-22-22)
Old 09-22-22, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

I'm only halfway through this episode, and I am very much not liking how Jen is such a pathetic pushover in this group of "friends." ( I just got to the scene where she is gonna iron the shirts.)

I guess it is being played so extreme for comic effect, but it's sad, not funny (to me). And the Jen we met in the first episode was not this woman. Remember how defiant she was standing up to Bruce's demands.

Trifecta for David Pasquesi, though. MCU, SWU, and SwCU
Old 09-22-22, 12:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
Saw this on Twitter:

It's one thing to do this in a subtle way, but this show is neither of those things. Granted I might not be it's target market (at this point I don't know who is), but to label you as an "Incel" if you don't like the show or have some critique is offensive to say the least.

Last edited by Eric F; 09-22-22 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-22-22, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's one thing to do this in a subtle way, but this show is neither of those things. Granted I might not be it's target market, but to label you as an "Incel" if you don't like the show is offensive to say the least.
It's a joke.

And as usual, anyone offended only has himself to blame because the "offending" insult is all in your head.

It does not say that if you don't like this show (and you are male) then you must be an incel. It says incels will not like this show because it is not made for them.

If you think that you have been offensively been labeled as an incel, then it is only because you consider yourself an incel to begin with. Sorry.
The following 3 users liked this post by Count Dooku:
actionjackson29 (09-22-22), majorjoe23 (09-22-22), New Lurker (09-24-22)
Old 09-22-22, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
It's a joke.

And as usual, anyone offended only has himself to blame because the "offending" insult is all in your head.

It does not say that if you don't like this show (and you are male) then you must be an incel. It says incels will not like this show because it is not made for them.

If you think that you have been offensively been labeled as an incel, then it is only because you consider yourself an incel to begin with. Sorry.
Ah, ok, so if I find the joke (any joke related to the show) unfunny then I'm an incel?

I would say something right here but I'd probably get banned.

Last edited by Eric F; 09-22-22 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-22-22, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Ah, ok, so if I find the joke (any joke related to the show) unfunny then I'm an incel?

I would say something right here but I'd probably get banned.
Actually, if you criticize any show that's championed by twitter/mainstream media you're an incel or a racist or both.

I gave up on this after the first episode. Figured I'd come back to see if it improved, but... nope.

Andor is my drug of choice now.
Old 09-22-22, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts

I'm only halfway through this episode, and I am very much not liking how Jen is such a pathetic pushover in this group of "friends." ( I just got to the scene where she is gonna iron the shirts.)
It's clear that this wasn't her friend group. She didn't really want to go but didn't want to be rude and turn down the bridesmaid invite. She was doing everything not to make it about her until she had no choice. As someone who went to law school, I can say her character really rings true for a lot of the take charge female attorneys I met. Powerhouses in the law, but very unsure of themselves personally.

I am really enjoying this show. I am amused that so many are offended by the occasional shitty behavior shown in this show by male characters. As usual, the ones who scream the most about the "M-she-U" are the whiniest little snowflakes around. Doesn't mean everyone who doesn't like it is an incel, but their complaining is tiresome.

Humor is totally subjective, and I know my sense of humor doesn't match most others (I have never found a single thing Adam Sandler or Will Farrell has ever done to be funny, which I know makes me an outlier), but I'm digging the writing.

Old 09-22-22, 04:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dstrauss
I am amused that so many are offended by the occasional shitty behavior shown in this show by male characters. As usual, the ones who scream the most about the "M-she-U" are the whiniest little snowflakes around. Doesn't mean everyone who doesn't like it is an incel, but their complaining is tiresome.
Please stop. Insulting members of the forum indirectly is not productive. If you want to address something someone said in particular then do it.

I never had much of an issue with the show but its one note theme is becoming tiresome. It's just not funny.
Old 09-22-22, 04:30 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Another winner of an episode. Right from that “Just Jen” title card. This show is just so much mindless fun. And a cat fight for the ages.

Last edited by OldBoy; 09-22-22 at 04:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bandoman (09-23-22)
Old 09-22-22, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, you completely misunderstood the point. But that's understandable because 30% of America just did the exact same thing with something Joe Biden said.

Think about it this way. Arby's has the meats. So, presumably, Arby's is not a restaurant intended for vegetarians. But you don't have to be a vegetarian to not like Arby's.

Incels will not like She Hulk because they won't find it funny. But just because you don't think She Hulk is funny does not mean you are an incel.

If you read "Sorry Incels, not all content is made for you," and think they are addressing you, then you are the one who thinks you are an incel. So you are deciding to be offended. If you don't want to be offended, just think the message is directed at somebody else.
The following 3 users liked this post by Count Dooku:
actionjackson29 (09-22-22), majorjoe23 (09-22-22), New Lurker (09-24-22)
Old 09-22-22, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dstrauss
It's clear that this wasn't her friend group. She didn't really want to go but didn't want to be rude and turn down the bridesmaid invite. She was doing everything not to make it about her until she had no choice. As someone who went to law school, I can say her character really rings true for a lot of the take charge female attorneys I met. Powerhouses in the law, but very unsure of themselves personally.
That she does not really like those women just makes her behavior more pathetic. Why put up with them? Maybe because I'm a man means I don't understand. Does agreeing to be a bridesmaid mean you are agreeing to be a servile doormat?

Also, pretty major letdown on the reveal of the new She Hulk clothing. It's just a good looking dress for a giant woman that Jen is swimming in when she is not hulked out. She could have bought that wherever WNBA players shop.
Old 09-22-22, 05:18 PM
Banned

No, you completely misunderstood the point. But that's understandable because 30% of America just did the exact same thing with something Joe Biden said.

Think about it this way. Arby's has the meats. So, presumably, Arby's is not a restaurant intended for vegetarians. But you don't have to be a vegetarian to not like Arby's.

Incels will not like She Hulk because they won't find it funny. But just because you don't think She Hulk is funny does not mean you are an incel.

If you read "Sorry Incels, not all content is made for you," and think they are addressing you, then you are the one who thinks you are an incel. So you are deciding to be offended. If you don't want to be offended, just think the message is directed at somebody else.
Holy shit man, what a dick.

I'm sorry, I thought with the forum having an older average age we would avoid this stuff, but apparently that's just not the case. We can't have a constructive conversation about anything without trolling and other nonsense.

I find it ironic that I generally had positive things to say about the show, and when I make a few negative comments the trolls come out of the woodwork.
I'm out of this show's discussion, and anything related to it.

I'm thinking the forum needs an over 50 forum because the younger folks seem to take personal offense on anything you disagree with.

Last edited by Eric F; 09-22-22 at 05:24 PM.
tstouder (09-23-22)
Old 09-22-22, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy shit man, what a dick.

I'm sorry, I thought with the forum having an older average age we would avoid this stuff, but apparently that's just not the case. We can't have a constructive conversation about anything without trolling and other nonsense.

I find it ironic that I generally had positive things to say about the show, and when I make a few negative comments the trolls come out of the woodwork.
I'm out of this show's discussion, and anything related to it.

I'm thinking the forum needs an over 50 forum because the younger folks seem to take personal offense on anything you disagree with.
Please explain how anything I have said to you is trolling or expresses that I am personally offended.

YOU posted that YOU were offended. And I am simply explaining how YOU being offended is entirely a choice YOU are making.
The following 2 users liked this post by Count Dooku:
majorjoe23 (09-22-22), slop101 (09-24-22)
Old 09-22-22, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

The Mr. Immortal stuff was great.
Bandoman (09-23-22)
Old 09-22-22, 05:46 PM
Banned

Please explain how anything I have said to you is trolling or expresses that I am personally offended.

YOU posted that YOU were offended. And I am simply explaining how YOU being offended is entirely a choice YOU are making.
If you are truly concerned (and I have my doubts you are still not just trolling), you really should think about just why a lot of people seem to have problems with your posts on the forum. A lot of your posts seem to be very passive aggressive and come off as trolling.

I rarely engage with you for this reason.
Old 09-22-22, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you are truly concerned (and I have my doubts you are still not just trolling), you really should think about just why a lot of people seem to have problems with your posts on the forum. A lot of your posts seem to be very passive aggressive and come off as trolling.

I rarely engage with you for this reason.
I do not understand your reaction to what I have posted, and I guess I do not understand what you consider trolling. I have not posted anything in this thread that was not my sincere opinion in response to what you posted, or a sincere opinion about this episode. I believe that is called a discussion, an exchange of ideas.

As far as what I am "concerned" about, I guess I am trying to show you a way to look at things and not be triggered. I won't try to help you anymore. Go through life being offended at every turn. Mazel Tov!

Old 09-22-22, 06:43 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Holy shit can’t we just dis the show instead of dissing each other? For goodness sake. This is so anti She-Hulk!
The following 2 users liked this post by OldBoy:
Kurt D (09-23-22), majorjoe23 (09-22-22)
Old 09-22-22, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Arby’s claims to have the meats, yet I just went to another restaurant with meats, but it was not Arby’s. So is Arby’s saying Eric F is an incel?

Old 09-22-22, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Another great episode - I laughed out loud multiple times (Mr. Immortal was fun). The wedding stuff was suitably cringe - obviously she didn’t really have anything common with those people but was trying to be a team player.

And I love that that bad guys are MSheU trolls - utter perfection
tommyp007 (09-26-22)
Old 09-22-22, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

I’m really digging this show. Sucks there are only two episodes left.
Old 09-22-22, 10:59 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
I’m really digging this show. Sucks there are only two episodes left.
Oh happy day, you’re in luck. There are three episodes left: 6, 8, and 9.

“Just Jen” is actually episode 7 in the production order and was slated for 9/29. Why they skipped episode 6, I’m not sure.
Old 09-22-22, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

I’ll have another whiskey in celebration.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.