Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Andor (S1E01, E02, E03) - "Kassa", “That Would Be Me”, “Reckoning” - 9/21/22

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Andor (S1E01, E02, E03) - "Kassa", “That Would Be Me”, “Reckoning” - 9/21/22

Old 09-25-22, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 161 Likes on 123 Posts
re: Andor (S1E01, E02, E03) - "Kassa", “That Would Be Me”, “Reckoning” - 9/21/22

I do the same thing! I have a bum right ear. I think part of the problem is that TVs don’t have normal front facing speakers anymore. If you get a sound at it helps a lot.
Old 09-26-22, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 282 Likes on 185 Posts
re: Andor (S1E01, E02, E03) - "Kassa", “That Would Be Me”, “Reckoning” - 9/21/22

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
and who knew people in the SW universe have sex and wear thongs?
Did you think all babies were spawned by midichlorians?
Old 09-26-22, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 507 Likes on 372 Posts

Not going to waste time actually checking but I wonder if people who had issues with recent Marvel stories being too small and self contained have the same complaints here. It’s just Andor running from cops because he killed two other cops.
Old 10-09-22, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 773 Likes on 595 Posts
Re: Andor (S1E01, E02, E03) - "Kassa", “That Would Be Me”, “Reckoning” - 9/21/22

Finally wrapped up the first three episodes of this and am digging it. The funny part, in episode 3, is that for those guys being Corpo rats they sure seem to be some of the worst funded corporate scum of the galaxy. Usually in science fiction Corporations have more money and resources than any other private/public/government entity combined. These guys basically have a ship that drops them off and they still have to walk another 10 minutes to their actual location. Amateur hour all the way with regards to corpo scum. lol
The following users liked this post:
xe.kilroy (10-09-22)
Old 10-10-22, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 128 Likes on 85 Posts
Re: Andor (S1E01, E02, E03) - "Kassa", “That Would Be Me”, “Reckoning” - 9/21/22

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Finally wrapped up the first three episodes of this and am digging it. The funny part, in episode 3, is that for those guys being Corpo rats they sure seem to be some of the worst funded corporate scum of the galaxy. Usually in science fiction Corporations have more money and resources than any other private/public/government entity combined. These guys basically have a ship that drops them off and they still have to walk another 10 minutes to their actual location. Amateur hour all the way with regards to corpo scum. lol
You have to remember, this was also somewhat on the down-low. He was going against direct orders and probably wanted to draw as little attention to what he was doing as possible.
Old 10-11-22, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,042 Likes on 787 Posts

Finally got through all three episodes.
This is, like Rogue One, almost original trilogy-level, Star Wars.
Plus, it feels like it’s being directed by Michael Mann circa Manhunter era.
Anybody complaining that there’s not enough Star Wars Easter eggs is as blind as a bat. This show is utterly soaked in bone broth density Star Wars.
It is the absolute essence of a story of rebels fighting against a fascist government.

At first, we wondered if the subtitles weren’t working for the scenes with the kids, but after a few minutes, we got into the groove of what they were doing. I think it worked a little better not knowing everything they were saying; it’s clear they are on an Imperial planet, and running sorties against them regularly.

Also, it felt like somebody’s campaign from the 90s era RPG Star Wars books.
The following 2 users liked this post by milo bloom:
JeremyM (10-12-22), xe.kilroy (10-12-22)
Old 11-24-22, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 847 Likes on 694 Posts

Watched episode one shortly after it originally came out. For some reason the night that I watched it the first time I wasn’t very into it and thought it was slow. Combined with the fact that I wanted to watch it with my fiancée and she was out of town off and on for work travel I lost track of it.

Anyways fast forward to last night and we watched the first three episodes. I like it a lot more than I initially thought. I normally like week to week viewing but I actually feel like this show might be better as a binge watch.