Reload this Page >

Yellowstone (Paramount) - Season 5 - premieres 11/13/22

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Yellowstone (Paramount) - Season 5 - premieres 11/13/22

Old 07-18-23, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,091 Likes on 788 Posts
Re: Yellowstone (Paramount) - Season 5 - premieres 11/13/22

Peacock is not on my streaming agenda. I need to rotate through Paramount, Disney, and Max to catch up on everything new in the past year.
Old 07-18-23, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,018 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
On Saturday, I had a conversation with a friend's father who is in his late 60s. I was recommending Jury Duty on FreeVee. He said he did not do any streaming because he did not want to pay for anything like Netflix. I told him FreeVee was free. He still said "figuring out how to use it" was too much trouble. When I tried to explain it was not complicated, he just became adamant.

He has Spectrum cable. All he wants to do is turn on the TV and have shows to watch. He doesn't want to anything more complicated than change the channels or use the channel guide.

Funny thing is, the whole time I was there, he was complaining about how lousy the cable service was with the connection going in and out. He has already had Spectrum come out twice in as many months to try to improve the performance.

------------------------

I've never seen an episode of regular Yellowstone, and would like to watch it, but I am well past a commitment to watching a TV series on a network's weekly schedule.
I had to set it all up for my dad for him to start using them, now he uses the streaming services more than regular TV.

That said, you should get a Peacock trial or whatever and do the catch-up you need to and check out Mrs Davis and Pokerface while you're at it
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
Old 07-18-23, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,091 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
That said, you should get a Peacock trial or whatever and do the catch-up you need to and check out Mrs Davis and Pokerface while you're at it
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
Maybe if the strikes wipe out the addition of new shows until 2025, I will be able to catch up I need to do.
Old 09-01-23, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,364 Likes on 926 Posts

Costner talked a little bit about his exit from the show in his divorce proceedings: https://deadline.com/2023/09/kevin-c...ny-1235534444/
Old 09-01-23, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,617 Likes on 2,596 Posts

I read his comments. Sounds like they’ll have to film season 5B without him.
Old 11-02-23, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,018 Likes on 809 Posts

5B will be released in November...2024.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/yellows...ff-1235590700/
Old 11-02-23, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,617 Likes on 2,596 Posts

You might as well call it season 6 now with the 2 year delay.
Old 12-05-23, 11:12 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 253 Likes on 191 Posts

This show is a bigger soap opera behind the scenes

More Yellowstone Drama: Taylor Sheridan's Ranch Is Suing Cole Hauser's Coffee Company

Bosque Ranch, which serves as a filming location for Yellowstone and its spin offs, has accused the fan-favorite actor of trademark infringement.

For the better part of a year, fans of the hit Western drama Yellowstone have been eyeing the behind the scenes tensions between the production and actor Kevin Costner, but the show's latest backstage drama involves an entirely different star... and coffee?

Earlier this year, Cole Hauser, who appears on the series as the fan-favorite cowboy Rip Wheeler, launched a coffee brand called Free Rein Coffee Company. Featuring ground coffee, whole beans, and coffee pods in close to a dozen roasts with names like American Dirt, Homestead, and Heavy Spur, the star crafted a brand that "embodied the spirit of the West ... the dreamer’s mindset and callused hands of those cowboys [Hauser] admired," according to Free Rein's website.

While the company launched in early October, a lawsuit filed in late November could complicate matters. On November 21, 2023 Bosque Ranch evidently filed suit against Free Rein the Northern District of Texas's federal court in San Angelo for trademark infringement, citing unfair competition and false advertising. San Angelo Live reports that the suit alleges that Free Rein uses "a brand mark strikingly similar to Bosque Ranch's registered trademark, potentially misleading consumers." Both brands use a logo made of intertwined letters (BR in the case of Bosque Ranch and FR for Free Rein) which the ranch argues bear too much resemblance, potentially leading to customer confusion.

Free Rein declined to comment for this story.

The suit is particularly notable due to the fact that the ranch is owned by Yellowstone creator Taylor Sheridan, who uses it as a filming location for the series as well as its prequels like 1883. (Sheridan also owns the 6666 ranch, which has served as a setting for some episodes of the flagship drama, and has been long-planned as the location for another spinoff.) Over the summer, the ranch launched their own branded coffee offshoot in partnership with Community Coffee.

Whether or not the new legal action will in any way impact the final episodes of Yellowstone—which are set to begin filming next spring for a November 2024 debut—is not yet clear, however with the speculation over whether Kevin Costner will appear in the remainder of the series still raging, the possibility of behind the scenes tensions with another prominent cast member is sure to have Dutton fans on edge.
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/le...offee-lawsuit/

Old 12-05-23, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 801 Likes on 675 Posts

They need to film a docudrama Yellowstone: Behind the Spurs going in to all the drama off screen, lol.
Old 02-05-24, 08:38 AM

Received 4,547 Likes on 3,085 Posts

Yellowstone has never been nominated for Outstanding Drama Series at the Emmys, but it should win Outstanding Behind-The-Scenes Drama Series every year for the next five years.

You already know about the tiff between star Kevin Costner and creator Taylor Sheridan (if you don’t, ask your dad). Now Puck is reporting that cast members Cole Hauser (Rip), Kelly Reilly (Beth), and Luke Grimes (Kayce) are asking for huge raises to star in a present-day Yellowstone spinoff that’s being set up in the final episodes of the original series. Complicating matters is salary negotiations (“Reilly initially asked for a whopping $1.5 million an episode, according to two sources, at or above the very top tier of TV stars, though in recent communications that number has come down to $1.2 million”), as well as Reilly and Hauser wanting top billing over above top potential newcomers to the Yellowstone universe: Matthew McConaughey and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Matthew McConaughey is still the top choice to star, but reports of his commitment to the project are overstated; he won’t sign on until he sees a script, which hasn’t happened yet, per his agent. But producers are much closer on Michelle Pfeiffer, who is in negotiations for the female lead and should either close a deal or walk away in the next week or two… Oh, and Reilly and Hauser also asked to be in first position on the call sheet — above McConaughey and Pfeiffer (or whoever play the leads). That’s probably never happening.

It was previously reported that McConaughey was this close to exiting the spinoff due to, among other issues, potential concerns about working with Sheridan. “Taylor’s got a reputation for being a jerk with a God complex,” an insider said. “Matthew doesn’t particularly like behind-the-scenes drama.”

Yellowstone will return — with or without Costner — in November 2024.

(Via Puck)
https://uproxx.com/tv/yellowstone-sp...ylor-sheridan/
Old 03-25-24, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,364 Likes on 926 Posts

The cast from this show seems to keep outing themselves as assholes: https://jalopnik.com/yellowstone-sta...sit-1851364045