DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Reginald the Vampire (SyFy) -- S: Jacob Batalon -- Premieres 10/5/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/655882-reginald-vampire-syfy-s-jacob-batalon-premieres-10-5-22-a.html)

DJariya 07-25-22 09:02 PM

Reginald the Vampire (SyFy) -- S: Jacob Batalon -- Premieres 10/5/22

Imagine a world populated by beautiful, fit and vain vampires. Reginald Andres (Jacob Batalon) tumbles headlong into it as an unlikely hero who will have to navigate every kind of obstacle - the girl he loves but can't be with, a bully manager at work and the vampire chieftain who wants him dead. Fortunately, Reginald discovers he has a few unrecognized powers of his own. A new show with a lot of heart and just enough blood, "Reginald the Vampire" proves the undead life is just as complicated as life itself. The series also stars Mandela Van Peebles and Em Haine.

"Reginald the Vampire" is produced by Great Pacific Media, Modern Story Company, December Films and Cineflix Studios and executive produced by Harley Peyton, Jeremiah Chechik, Todd Berger, Lindsay Macadam, Brett Burlock and Peter Emerson. The series is based on the book series by Johnny B. Truant.

10 episode season. Batalon as most of you know is from the Holland Spider-Man movies.

Unclejosh 07-27-22 04:50 PM

Re: Reginald the Vampire (SyFy) -- S: Jacob Batalon -- Premieres 10/5/22

I wonder why they didn't use the actual title of the book series in the write up which is the Fat Vampire series.

Eric F 07-27-22 05:31 PM

Vampires are “in” again I guess. It’s not zombies it’s vampires.

PhantomStranger 07-27-22 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Unclejosh (Post 14139013)
I wonder why they didn't use the actual title of the book series in the write up which is the Fat Vampire series.

Fat is not a politically correct term anymore. It's that simple.

Our entire society has been reduced down to whatever the Twitter crowd will approve.

DJariya 10-04-22 04:47 PM

Bump

This premieres tomorrow for anyone interested who isn't backed severely backed up on shows right now.

Inhumans99 10-04-22 05:23 PM

I have to wonder if this is just destined to be one and done. I will give it a watch but I am still kind-of bummed we did not get another season of Astrid & Lily Save the World. Or maybe I was that one viewer who really liked the show (well, me and a small handful of folks on LGBTQ+ sites who had some positive things to say about the show).

DJariya 01-15-23 11:23 AM

Renewed for a 2nd season, but I guess nobody watched it here. :shrug:

PhantomStranger 01-15-23 01:15 PM

I watched the entire first season even though it didn't really hook me in the beginning. Surprisingly enjoyable comedy even if the show has a non-traditional lead and the premise is kind of goofy - in this world vampires play by a certain set of rules. Like only beautiful people can be made vamps or they will be killed by the vampire council. Which is the plot device which drives most of season one - the fat Asian kid is made a vamp and most every vamp wants him dead except his creator.

Glad to hear it's returning. Think of it as a more comedic Buffy.

Inhumans99 01-18-23 02:57 PM

I need to finish this up and agree with Phantom that the show got better as it went along. Since it was renewed I am going to finish it up this weekend.