DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Better Call Saul (S6E08) - "Point and Shoot" - 7/11/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/655751-better-call-saul-s6e08-point-shoot-7-11-22-a.html)

dex14 07-10-22 11:43 PM

Better Call Saul (S6E08) - "Point and Shoot" - 7/11/22

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...656f9a0b3b.jpg

Decker 07-10-22 11:47 PM

Re: Better Call Saul (S6E08) - "Point and Shoot" - 7/11/22

The first five and a half seasons, summarized in one minute :

Deftones 07-10-22 11:50 PM

I have a feeling this is going to be a wild ride. Looking forward to see how this ends

Coral 07-11-22 07:44 AM

Holy... I've been seeing some mention of BCS recently figuring we're getting closer to the second half the season airing - but I didn't think it was going to start up tonight.

John Galt 07-11-22 07:59 AM

Holy shit my day just got better.

jpcamb 07-11-22 08:49 AM

I am faced with an ethical dilemma. My wife went to see her parents and will not be home until tomorrow. Do I watch it without her or watch it twice and fake being surprised? :lol:

dex14 07-11-22 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by jpcamb (Post 14130692)
I am faced with an ethical dilemma. My wife went to see her parents and will not be home until tomorrow. Do I watch it without her or watch it twice and fake being surprised? :lol:

You can't just watch it separately and discuss when she is done?

Geofferson 07-11-22 10:41 AM

Yes, so stoked for these final batch of episodes.

dex14 07-11-22 11:43 AM

johnnysd 07-11-22 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 14130804)

Geez the title sure sets up a harrowing episode.

John Galt 07-11-22 09:13 PM

Welp, guess that explains the whole fly episode now.

benh911 07-11-22 09:33 PM

That was stressful.

Coral 07-11-22 09:40 PM

Most excellent.

"It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!" - sounds familiar ;)

Maybe the first time we see Kim losing her cool - and it's understandable.
When she was walking up to the house in the dark, it reminded me of the episode of BB where Jesse went to confront those drug dealers to kill them - and in both episodes, there was an interruption from Mike and Walt respectively.

Good to see Jimmy lying face to face with Howard's dead body. He deserves to have that image in his head forever.

Crazy to think that all this time in BB that Walt/Jesse were cooking above Lalo and Howard.

I liked that Mike wanted the guys to take it easy when they tossed Howards body into the grave (as opposed to Lalo). Mike knows Howard didn't deserve to be there and feels bad about it. He wanted to give him some respect - especially since they're going to tarnish his reputation (cocaine habit and suicide) to explain his death. The sad music playing while they bury Howard was a nice touch.

Josh-da-man 07-11-22 09:55 PM

I was really worried about Kim until she showed up at the condo.

Thought that Gus might see her as a loose end that needed to be eliminated. Even though she didn't know his name or face, she did know where he lived and that there was some kind of cartel activity going on. I was afraid that Mr. Fring was going to have Mike take her on a midnight walk to look at the stars.

MLBFan24 07-11-22 10:00 PM

Good episode. Though it makes you appreciate how the villain in Ozark just kills people immediately and doesn’t do the long-winded villain speech like Lalo.

windom 07-11-22 10:15 PM

So where did they bury the bodies of Gus' guys that Lalo killed? Only room for two under the lab floor?

MLBFan24 07-11-22 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 14131236)
So where did they bury the bodies of Gus' guys that Lalo killed? Only room for two under the lab floor?

I thought that too. Maybe they got a “proper” burial. Whatever that means for villains.

or Gus uses them as chicken for Los Pollos Hermanos -eek-

Decker 07-12-22 01:13 AM

Holy shit that was a great episode. So tense. And ties up so many loose ends. Very smartly written. Do we go to Omaha next episode?
Oh yeah, and Bob Odenkirk nearly died while filming it! -eek-

Decker 07-12-22 02:01 AM

Two Must-Read articles on this episode from Alan Sepinwall

One issue I did have with the episode : Lalo’s plan only works if Gus waits for Mike to leave, then realizes that Lalo is at the Superlab. That seems like a HUGE leap of probability because it’s not at all obvious that’s what is going on — heck, Gus wouldn’t have even realized it if not for Kim mentioning that JImmy was able to talk Lalo into changing his plan.
Was Lalo planning on just exposing the Superlab without Gus, had he not shown up? Would he even have found the secret enterance?

philo 07-12-22 02:01 AM

Yeah that was tense. Reminded me of two things, Jesse called upon to shoot Gale to save Walt and the time Walt walked up to Fring's house with a gun only to be interrupted by a call from Mike.

Now when I think of Jesse goofing around with the air hose in his suit rolling around I'll be thinking of the pair of skeletons just beneath him.

I wonder how many eps before we get to Gene.

Bill Needle 07-12-22 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 14131220)
When she was walking up to the house in the dark, it reminded me of the episode of BB where Jesse went to confront those drug dealers to kill them - and in both episodes, there was an interruption from Mike and Walt respectively.

Or when Walt is walking up to Frings’ house in the dark to confront/kill Frings, and he suddenly gets a call: “Go home, Walter.” (Tyrus)

(posted before seeing philo mentioned the same)

Bill Needle 07-12-22 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 14131288)
Was Lalo planning on just exposing the Superlab without Gus, had he not shown up? Would he even have found the secret enterance?

I took it as Lalo did not expect Gus (or anyone else) to show up at the laundromat. While making the video he laments not being able to savor slowly killing Gus later because he showed up.

Osiris3657 07-12-22 09:40 AM

Good overall, but not sure I liked the way Gus got out of his predicament with Lalo. Seemed lazy

Josh-da-man 07-12-22 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 14131288)
One issue I did have with the episode : Lalo’s plan only works if Gus waits for Mike to leave, then realizes that Lalo is at the Superlab. That seems like a HUGE leap of probability because it’s not at all obvious that’s what is going on — heck, Gus wouldn’t have even realized it if not for Kim mentioning that JImmy was able to talk Lalo into changing his plan.

I mentioned this earlier when Saul was setting up Howard to look like a cokehead. These elaborate schemes the characters cook up rely on a lot of variables to line up during the execution.

We saw Gus setting up the power cut and hidden gun earlier in the season, and for that to work it relied on a lot of things to line up perfectly. There was no guarantee that Lalo would allow Gus to move to the right spot to kill the lights. There also wasn't any guarantee that Lalo would be alone down there. We've seen Gus be so meticulous and strategic (for god's sake, the man has a tunnel between houses and a fake family living in his safehouse) that it seemed out of character for him to go the lab alone to confront Lalo.

Josh-da-man 07-12-22 11:08 AM

I was actually surprised that the Lalo situation was resolved this quickly, with five episodes to go.

Howard's story is over. Lalo's story is over. It looks like Gus and Mike's story is over as well; the only thing left for Gus to do would be to show up at the nursing home and gloat to Hector. Sandpiper is concluded.

I guess we'll focus on Saul and Kim now, and we might get a lot more of Omaha than we thought we would. With Lalo dead it would appear that Kim is no longer in imminent danger, though she could be facing some legal trouble.

And, as expected, Mike didn't let them know that Lalo was dead. So, as far as Saul is concerned, Lalo could still resurface at any time. Might have been a nice gesture if Mike said "He's dead. I buried the body myself," but he would never come out and say that to anyone who didn't need to know.