DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Westworld (S4E03) -- "Annees Folles" -- 7/10/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/655748-westworld-s4e03-annees-folles-7-10-22-a.html)

DJariya 07-10-22 07:47 PM

Westworld (S4E03) -- "Annees Folles" -- 7/10/22

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...f11ca07f7.jpeg

Again, there is no synopsis. HBO doesn't release press releases for this show.

philo 07-11-22 01:38 AM

Re: Westworld (S4E03) -- "Annees Folles" -- 7/10/22

Damn. What an episode! Wish we could binge these. Great seeing Jeffrey Wright again. Bernard and Stubbs are the perfect action buddy flick pair. Clever working in the massacre making the whole game very meta. Had a feeling they were walking into trouble. Those skinless worker robots are always so creepy.

Wondering just how much time has passed for Bernard and Stubbs. The girl they meet up with sure has familiar hair.

DJariya 07-11-22 02:19 AM

:thumbsup: Really solid episode. So far, I think the season is 3 for 3. Really great seeing Bernard again and working with Stubbs. The woman who picked them up is Aurora Perrineau, the daughter of Harold, who starred in Lost, The Rookie and the new show From. She's gorgeous.

Loved the set designs and there were so many call backs to season 1. If you watched the behind the scenes feature on HBO Max, they detail all the call backs.

Caleb and Maeve's adventures were fun and interesting. I was surprised that he didn't figure out that kid wasn't his daughter and now he's infected with the flies.

Koby 07-11-22 07:20 PM

deleted

DJariya 07-11-22 08:19 PM

You mean Caleb's daughter? That thought didn't cross my mind. I didn't think that Bernard and Stubbs were in a different timeline from Caleb and Maeve. She does look like an older version of her.

Deftones 07-11-22 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 14130602)
The woman who picked them up is Aurora Perrineau, the daughter of Harold, who starred in Lost, The Rookie and the new show From. She's gorgeous.

You realize she has her own body of work and doesn't have to be identified though her dad's work, right? She was on Prodigal Son in a major role and was in the movie Passengers.

philo 07-12-22 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 14131151)
The woman who picked up Bernard... are we assuming she is the little girl grown up cause time has passed?

I think its a real possibility. They both have long curly hair which made me think they're the same.

mugwump 07-12-22 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 14131202)
You realize she has her own body of work and doesn't have to be identified though her dad's work, right? She was on Prodigal Son in a major role and was in the movie Passengers.

I just want to know why Harold didn't name her Walt.

I really liked how the Roaring '20s world so closely hewed to the Westworld set-up and script. I wonder if all the Worlds just pretty much followed a formula.

Cellar Door 07-13-22 05:52 PM

Another good episode. I do think it's possible that we are seeing two or three different timelines, but we shall see.

I liked how Bernard is able to 'predict' the future based on having seen all the different possibilities.

I hope we get to see more of 1920s World. Loved Maeve telling Caleb, "Do not pick that up" when the can rolled up to him. :lol:

Decker 07-15-22 08:14 AM

Yeah I really enjoyed this episode, especially the Temperance World stuff. The Saloon heist to the jazzy Enter Sandman was a total treat for me.
And the "Game within a game" was really brilliant.