DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Boo, Bitch (Netflix) - S: Lana Condor - premieres 7/8/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/655714-boo-bitch-netflix-s-lana-condor-premieres-7-8-22-a.html)

dex14 07-05-22 06:40 AM

Boo, Bitch (Netflix) - S: Lana Condor - premieres 7/8/22

Two senior BFFs make a last-ditch attempt to be seen. But when one of them becomes a ghost, she'll need to really live her best life — while she can.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Aparna Brielle as Riley
· Jason Genao as Devon
· Lana Condor as Erika Vu
· Mason Versaw as Jake C.
· Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Gavin
· Zoe Colletti as Gia

CREW INFORMATION:
· Blake Goza as EP
· Erin Ehrlich as CRTR/EP
· Jamie Dooner as EP
· Jonathon Komack Martin as EP
· Kuba Soltysiak as CRTR/CO-EP
· Lana Condor as EP
· Lauren Iungerich as CRTR/EP
· Tim Schauer as CRTR/CO-EP

Inhumans99 07-05-22 11:07 AM

Re: Boo, Bitch (Netflix) - S: Lana Condor - premieres 7/8/22

I had already watched the trailer and I am in because it stars Lana Condor, but I could tell from the trailer that it might take me a moment to get used to this series. The internet says this is a limited comedy series, so it sounds like we may get a complete storyline which will be nice if true.

MLBFan24 07-05-22 04:14 PM

sold, sounds like a unique plot, so I will check it out haha

Paff 07-06-22 11:29 AM

I'll watch this. I've almost watched the cutesy teen rom-com To All The Boys I Loved Before, and it ain't cuz I like cutesy teen rom-coms if you know what I'm saying and I think you do.

Inhumans99 07-08-22 06:11 PM

AV Club says this would have been better as a light and breezy 90m Netflix film. From what I can glean checking out the review, the problem is that while it is an easy watch, there are too many side stories in each episode that derail/distract you from the main story and seem to not really add anything to the momentum of the series. The lack of weight/gravitas to some of the side stories is also an issue.

I think I will enjoy this show a lot, but I actually hear what the AV Club is saying and suspect they might be correct that this could have been a good or better than average Netflix original film.

ETA: I just binged the entire series and enjoyed it, it has a twist that I should have been aware of before it was revealed but ultimately this was a sweet mini-series.

MLBFan24 07-09-22 09:23 PM

Ouch, 10 minutes into the first episode and not good. Very disappointing.

Lana Condor has been given a terrible script and she does her best. And someone tell her Netflix characters to stop falling for white guys :lol:

Inhumans99 07-09-22 11:16 PM

Fair enough, I watch stuff like this show in the background while I play games on my tablet. The eps are only 25 minutes long so it is a quick binge. The Guardian’s review is actually pretty spot on, some bits wear out their welcome (the kid teased for a fart many years back), and Condor’s pivot to a mean girl is a bit abrupt and could have have been better telegraphed, or better yet the show did not have to down that path, but again, a pretty easy watch.

Gunde 07-10-22 02:47 AM

So here I officially became a grumpy old man. I'm not gonna fucking watch a show with that title.

Eddie W 07-10-22 10:56 AM

Same here. If a trailer has a scene with high school lockers in the background, that's an immediate pass from me.

dex14 07-10-22 12:51 PM

The twist was very apparent to me. Show was OK.

TomOpus 07-10-22 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie W (Post 14130328)
Same here. If a trailer has a scene with high school lockers in the background, that's an immediate pass from me.

Didn't watch Back to the Future?