Obi-Wan Kenobi (S1E06) - Finale - "Part VI" - 6/22/22

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Obi-Wan Kenobi (S1E06) - Finale - "Part VI" - 6/22/22

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-22, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi (S1E06) - Finale - "Part VI" - 6/22/22

Originally Posted by Mike86
Liked the series overall and the finale was great. Loved the duel between Obi-Wan and Vader. The cracked mask exposing Anakin’s face was awesome.
I thought the same when Asoka slashed his mask in Rebels and lead to a kind of similar moment (granted, a couple of years AFTER the Obi-Wan show). Vader's got to have a nice supply of these things. :P
Old 06-24-22, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
I thought the same when Asoka slashed his mask in Rebels and lead to a kind of similar moment (granted, a couple of years AFTER the Obi-Wan show). Vader's got to have a nice supply of these things. :P
Pretty sure it happened in a SW game at some point as well.
Old 06-24-22, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I've seen people compare the suits from all the different live action movies we've seen it in, and even the OT alone there are variations. So it's not hard to imagine that the person that used build his own podracer and protocol droid and his own souped up TIE figher would make tweaks to his suit over the years.
Old 06-24-22, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

I haven’t gotten to that point in Rebels yet but I know of it. I think it was cool seeing it in live action with Ewan and Hayden.
Old 06-24-22, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
I've seen people compare the suits from all the different live action movies we've seen it in, and even the OT alone there are variations. So it's not hard to imagine that the person that used build his own podracer and protocol droid and his own souped up TIE figher would make tweaks to his suit over the years.
Shame they didn't use the McQuarrie concept design as his ROTS suit (which he would upgrade into the suit we see in the later films)... but I get it.. they need to sell merchandise and his standard look is iconic.
Old 06-24-22, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

I haven’t gotten to that point in Rebels yet but I know of it. I think it was cool seeing it in live action with Ewan and Hayden.
OOops, sorry man. Should have been more cautious on SPOLIERS (but glad I didn't totally spoil it for you).
You got a fantastic moment waiting for you.
Old 06-24-22, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Side note- another forum I go to a poster made a suggestion I sort of agree with. He thinks that in Return of the Jedi that Hayden should be the reveal face when Luke unmasks Vader.

Now I’ve been pretty adamant about changes to the Original Trilogy, but at this point seeing as we only have the special editions available anyways I wouldn’t mind the change. For the sake of consistency it would make more sense. Especially considering Sebastian Shaw only played the role of Anakin in the unmasking scene and the Force ghost scene, in which he was already replaced by Hayden.

OOops, sorry man. Should have been more cautious on SPOLIERS (but glad I didn't totally spoil it for you).
You got a fantastic moment waiting for you.
Its all good. I already had it spoiled previously.

Last edited by Mike86; 06-24-22 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-24-22, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Side note- another forum I go to a poster made a suggestion I sort of agree with. He thinks that in Return of the Jedi that Hayden should be the reveal face when Luke unmasks Vader.

Now I’ve been pretty adamant about changes to the Original Trilogy, but at this point seeing as we only have the special editions available anyways I wouldn’t mind the change. For the sake of consistency it would make more sense. Especially considering Sebastian Shaw only played the role of Anakin in the unmasking scene and the Force ghost scene, in which he was already replaced by Hayden.

Its all good. I already had it spoiled previously.
I only watch the de-specialized versions of the OT, but I could get behind this ONE change. I wonder how long it will be until someone tries to do this. I've watched the exchange between Anakin and Obi numerous times and it is so much more powerful since you can see he evil in Anakin's expressions. Hayden knocked it out of the park and then some.
Old 06-24-22, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
I'm only halfway through the episode, but the fight between Obi-Wan and Vader was great and the ending of it, with Hayden Christiansen in the suit and partially destroyed helmet, was amazing. The voice switching between Vader's and Hayden's, his frighteningly disfigured face...just really well made. One of my favorite SW scenes ever
From Obi-Wan in his stance to him using some of Anakin's fighting techniques it was just very well done. The voice work was spot on as was Anakin setting a line between himself and Vader. It worked in my opinion
Old 06-24-22, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Had to make this...

Old 06-24-22, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I liked everything with Vader this ep and the ending with the final "Hello There". Everything with Reva pretty much sucked and felt completely superfluous.
The following users liked this post:
bchbdaddy (06-24-22)
Old 06-24-22, 04:31 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Xander
Everything with Reva pretty much sucked and felt completely superfluous.
That goes for all the inquisitors on the show
Old 06-24-22, 08:52 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Now I know why WWE likes to compare itself to Disney. That damn shaky cam.

Everything has been said, few good things, a lot and I mean a lot of bad things about the show. I’ll watch anything Star Wars at least once, but most of the Disney stuff sucks. I hate that Star Wars in ran by a company I fucking hate. I try to watch this stuff, through a fans/child’s eye and not my hatred of Disney. But even my 2 youngest kids (8 and 9) point out stuff that is wrong and when it’s bad.
xe.kilroy (06-25-22)
Old 06-27-22, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

It was good - and better than than much of the series - but still not great.

nothing has come close to Mando yet.

Old 06-27-22, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Colossally stupid bit of writing, when Obi-Wan gets in the escape pod to draw the Star Destroyer away from the Rebel ship.

Um... you have a whole fucking Star Destroyer following a tiny transport with a blown hyperdrive. I would think that they could follow both. Not sure why Vader just didn't hop in a shuttle and follow Obi-Wan himself instead of having the Star Destroyer disengage the pursuit of the transport. He did up hopping a shuttle anyway. Even if he couldn't get to a shuttle in time, I'm sure that there are smaller ships, like TIE Fighters, that could have chased down Obi-Wan, anyway.

It was a stupid plan on Obi-Wan's part, and even stupider that Vader fell for it.
+++++
Old 07-03-22, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,191 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Just finished the series. Overall, a decent finale but not very interesting series.

The Vader stuff was the best. The final fight between Vader and Obi-Wan was the best thing about the whole series. Hayden behind the half mask was awesome. Still, the problem with a sequel prequel sequel series like this is there is no emotion or tension behind the fight. As badass as it was, watching two characters battle to the death in a sequence in which you already know neither will die, takes all the emotion out of it. It was just…there.

It also made the odd scene of Reva with Luke all the more useless. You know Luke doesn’t die so watching Reva struggle with her conscience and then bringing Luke back to Owen and Beru had absolutely no emotional weight to it. Also, how the fuck many times is Obi-Wan going to leave Anakin without killing him?!

Also, I wonder if they digitally manipulated James Earl Jones’ voice somehow for this series, he sounded so much better (and younger/healthier) in Obi-Wan Kenobi than he did in Rogue One.

Still, this series beats the hell out of Boba Fett, which was just terrible all around. This was mostly pointless but had a handful of redeeming scenes.
Old 07-05-22, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Just finished the series. Overall, a decent finale but not very interesting series.

Still, this series beats the hell out of Boba Fett, which was just terrible all around. This was mostly pointless but had a handful of redeeming scenes.
I agree with this. It was mostly bad but the one scene with half mask Vader was one of the better Star Wars sequences. The sound mix was incredibly well done. They need to get away from the OT stuff. It just shows how stupid conservative they are with the franchise and the recent movies outside of Rogue One were just horrible. And no more Tatooine. It wasnt interesting even in the 1st movie

Also I am SOOOO tired of the whole "redemption" thing. Vader did not deserve any sort of redemption nor does Reva, one of the worst characters in SW history. It's just dumb. You slaughter dozens of people than you do one semi decent thing and all is forgiven. Fuck that.
Old 07-05-22, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Also, I wonder if they digitally manipulated James Earl Jones’ voice somehow for this series, he sounded so much better (and younger/healthier) in Obi-Wan Kenobi than he did in Rogue One.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's a program they use now that can replicate speech without needing the original voice actor anymore. IDK if it's the one they used here, but it's called Respeecher.
GoldenJCJ (07-05-22)
Old 07-05-22, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's a program they use now that can replicate speech without needing the original voice actor anymore. IDK if it's the one they used here, but it's called Respeecher.
Yes, Respeecher was listed in the closing credits.

Last edited by GuessWho; 07-05-22 at 04:14 PM.
GoldenJCJ (07-05-22)
Old 07-05-22, 04:35 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
After him getting trashed again I just kept thinking about the Bacta tank.
Is the Bacta tank a thing that’s regular in the Star Wars Universe? I feel like Boba Fett is the first time I remember hearing if it (or being used as much)
Old 07-05-22, 04:36 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
Is the Bacta tank a thing that’s regular in the Star Wars Universe? I feel like Boba Fett is the first time I remember hearing if it (or being used as much)
it healed Luke after his ordeal on Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back.
Old 07-05-22, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,191 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
Originally Posted by GuessWho
Yes, Respeecher was listed in the closing credits.
Oh, that’s cool! So they could effectively keep Darth Vader going after JEJ passes away?

Not that I necessarily want that but as Obi-Wan showed us, some of these stories are only captivating when Vader is on screen.
Old 07-06-22, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

So I had completely forgotten about this - when Ashoka duels Vader in Rebels season 2, she hit his helmet too:

So basically the best moment of this series was lifted from Rebels. Now Obi-Wan’s failure is complete.
Old 07-07-22, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
So I had completely forgotten about this - when Ashoka duels Vader in Rebels season 2, she hit his helmet too:

So basically the best moment of this series was lifted from Rebels. Now Obi-Wan’s failure is complete.
No, you see Ahsoka hit the right side of his helmet. Obi-Wan hit the left side.

bunkaroo (07-07-22)
Old 07-07-22, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo

It kind of sucks that Ahsoka got the Vader reveal that Obi-Wan should have had, where she's fighting this new Sith, then realizes that it's Anakin. Should have been Obi-Wan.

And, yeah, Obi-Wan deserved to be the one to get to cut Vaders' helmet open, too, though, in the timeline, he did it before she did even if Rebels aired before Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.