Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Loot (Apple TV +) -- S: Maya Rudolph -- From the EP of Master of None -- Premieres 6/24/22

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Loot (Apple TV +) -- S: Maya Rudolph -- From the EP of Master of None -- Premieres 6/24/22

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-22, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Apple TV+ today unveiled the star-studded trailer for its new workplace comedy "Loot," starring and executive produced by Emmy Award winner Maya Rudolph ("Saturday Night Live," "Bridesmaids"). From Emmy Award-winning creators Alan Yang ("Little America," "Master of None") and Matt Hubbard ("30 Rock," "Forever"), the 10-episode comedy will debut globally with the first three episodes on Friday, June 24 on Apple TV+, followed by one new episode weekly, every Friday.

In addition to Rudolph, the "Loot" ensemble cast is led by stars Michaela Jaé Rodriguez ("Pose"), Ron Funches ("Undateable"), Nat Faxon ("Married") and Joel Kim Booster ('Sunnyside").

In "Loot," billionaire Molly Novak (Rudolph) has a dream life, complete with private jets, a sprawling mansion, and a gigayacht - anything her heart desires. But when her husband of 20 years betrays her, she spirals publicly, becoming fuel for tabloid fodder. She's reaching rock bottom when she learns, to her surprise, that she has a charity foundation run by the no-nonsense Sofia Salinas (Rodriguez), who pleads with Molly to stop generating bad press. With her devoted assistant Nicholas (Kim Booster) by her side, and with the help of Sofia and team - including mild-mannered accountant Arthur (Faxon) and her optimistic, pop-culture-loving cousin Howard (Funches) - Molly embarks on a journey of self-discovery. Giving back to others might be what she needs to get back to herself.

"Loot" is created, written and executive produced by Yang and Hubbard. Rudolph executive produces, along with Natasha Lyonne and Danielle Renfrew Behrens, through their Animal Pictures banner. Dave Becky of 3 Arts also serves as executive producer. "Loot" is produced for Apple by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group.

The project marks the second collaboration between Apple TV+ and Yang following the three-time Independent Spirit Award, BAFTA and NAACP Image Award nominated anthology series, "Little America."

10 episode season. Premieres June 24th on Apple TV+.

Adam Scott appears in the trailer, but it doesn't look like he's a regular cast member.
Old 06-07-22, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts
Re: Loot (Apple TV +) -- S: Maya Rudolph -- From the EP of Master of None -- Premieres 6/24/22

Not only EP of Master of None, but also co-creator, writer, and director.
Old 06-07-22, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Loot (Apple TV +) -- S: Maya Rudolph -- From the EP of Master of None -- Premieres 6/24/22

Well, I see that mansion is finally getting some use
Old 07-01-22, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Really enjoying this one. Maya Rudolph is solid as always, and the rest of the cast are enjoyable.

Pound for Pound I think Apple has the best original content of any of the streamers.
Old 07-01-22, 11:39 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Well, I see that mansion is finally getting some use
hahah.

its An easy watch
Old 07-11-22, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

For the 3 people in this forum watching

Old 07-11-22, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice, still watching and still enjoying it.
Old 07-12-22, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

I just picked this show up recently, it's good but hardly must-watch TV. For Apple it's not quite on par with a lot of the other shows, funny and cringy at moments, I like Maya but have not been a fan of her's aside from her role in the Good Place, didn't watch SNL when she was on and was not a fan of her Harris character. I will finish the season but am not clamoring to do so.

In fairness I just started Mythic Quest and like it a lot more than this show.
Old 07-12-22, 10:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never been a huge Maya Rudolph fan but I'm finding it an easy watch each week and the characters are likeable enough to keep me tuning in. The slow-burn romance with the character whose name I can't remember (its definitely an easy watch!) is cute.
Old 07-13-22, 08:41 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

i watched the first couple eps. not bad. but, every time i hear Ron Funches all i see is King Shark!
Old 07-13-22, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

I'd like to know what happened to Nat Faxon, he was great on "Married" with Judy Greer but since then he has been typecast as a total whiny dofus. He has gotten to be more and more cringe to watch.
Old 07-13-22, 07:58 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

This is a gender flipper Mr Mayor with higher production values. It’s….ok.
Old 02-05-24, 11:57 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Old 02-05-24, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Totally forgot about this show, but I found S1 pretty decent.
Old 02-06-24, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

I look forward to its return!