DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Better Call Saul (S6E07) - mid-season finale - “Plan and Execution” - 5/23/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/655444-better-call-saul-s6e07-mid-season-finale-%93plan-execution%94-5-23-22-a.html)

dex14 05-22-22 11:34 PM

Better Call Saul (S6E07) - mid-season finale - “Plan and Execution” - 5/23/22

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...3cbfbae92.jpeg

There will be a Talking Saul episode after.

Returns from hiatus on July 11.

Decker 05-22-22 11:51 PM

Re: Better Call Saul (S6E07) - mid-season finale - “Plan and Execution” - 5/23/22

Important heads-up regarding this episode :

Decker 05-23-22 12:08 AM

Re: Better Call Saul (S6E07) - mid-season finale - “Plan and Execution” - 5/23/22

And while I’m not 100% certain how literally we are supposed to take that episode title, this is just a friendly reminder that while Howard owns a fancy espresso machine, his preferred morning beverage is chamomile tea.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...1b5a5da8a.jpeg

OldBoy 05-23-22 08:46 AM

^ wasn't he just making for wife and you know "trying" at their marriage, but failing miserably?

benh911 05-23-22 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 14107514)
^ wasn't he just making for wife and you know "trying" at their marriage, but failing miserably?

I think his point about the tea
Spoiler:
My guess is Howard has some time of sensitivity to caffeine, or takes some medication that interacts with that type of stimulant, so he avoids coffee. And whatever drug Saul was testing at the vets office last week, they’ll slip to Howard and he’ll have some terrible medical reaction to it.

Spoiler:

dex14 05-23-22 10:25 AM

That animated show Slippin' Jimmy is up on AMC+ today too. Six episodes around 8-9 minutes each.

OldBoy 05-23-22 10:30 AM

not sure what to make of that one.

dex14 05-23-22 08:55 PM

Wooooooow.

When worlds collide…

benh911 05-23-22 08:58 PM

-eek-

dhmac 05-23-22 09:18 PM

Oh SHIT!!!

New Lurker 05-23-22 09:43 PM

Hell of an ending. And some great story telling too. Jimmy & Kim will be riddled with guilt since he would have never been there without the shenanigans. Very Breaking Bad like. They can't report the dead body either. So when the show comes back they're going to have to dispose of the body and not tell anyone making it 100x worse.

Love the Breaking Bad-verse so so much.

andicus 05-23-22 10:00 PM

Fuck!

I knew he was there, as soon as I saw the candle flicker.

Aw man. So undeserved. That one really stung.

DJariya 05-23-22 10:10 PM

Holy Shit! Did not expect that at all. For something that wasn’t intended to be a big mid season finale, that worked pretty well.

Coral 05-23-22 10:43 PM

Saw this coming a mile away (mentioned in the previous threads), but I didn't see Lalo going from the sewer to Jimmy's condo without a bigger setup that would make it happen.
I only knew Lalo was going to be there after the first candle flickered - as a warning of sorts.

So Jimmy's now responsible for his brother's death and now Howard's. That's two-thirds of HHM. Now I wonder if Jimmy had a hand in Howard's fathers death.

Jimmy really is a horrible person. I hope Lalo kills him. ;)

bunkaroo 05-23-22 11:21 PM

Damn.

I guess they could make it look like a suicide.

Coral 05-23-22 11:34 PM

BTW, has it always been Aaron Paul doing the "Previously on Better Call Saul" voice-over, or is it just this season?
If it always was, I either never noticed it... or noticed it and totally forgot about it. Fuck, my memory is a big pile of shit.

philo 05-23-22 11:37 PM

Yeah that didn't go down quite as expected. Sucks because I really wanted to hear Howard rip into Jimmy and Kim for another minute.

Really enjoyed the opening getting to see a few of Jimmy's crew at their day jobs.

Dan 05-24-22 12:11 AM

Yep. That's a good cliffhanger right there.

Decker 05-24-22 01:11 AM

Holy shit, holy shit. Poor Howard.
Did not see that particular ending coming, though I thought Lalo might come over after Mike moved his crew.
Turns out that episode title was 100% literal.

Decker 05-24-22 01:38 AM

So big question : Did they do enough in this episode to usurp Succession S3 and become the favorite in the Best Drama category? Until tonight I thought they had no chance of winning (besides maybe Odenkirk) but now it's a toss-up.

Josh-da-man 05-24-22 04:25 AM

It's weird... going into tonight's episode, I knew Howard was doomed. Since he was drinking tea instead of coffee in the previous episode when a point was made about caffeine and the drug Saul and Kim got from the vet, I was certain that he was going to have some kind of reaction to that stuff and have some kind of fatal reaction to it.

The scene in Saul's apartment with Howard was so brilliantly done. Howard comes to his home, somewhat drunk, and give a spot-on description of Saul and Kim's characters.

But then, with a flickering of a small flame, it becomes something else.

Poor Howard is clueless and doomed at that moment. "Who are you?" he asks, not getting it, even with the looks on Kim and Saul's faces as Lalo casually screws the silencer onto his gun. And then casually blows Howard's brains out the side of his as casually as anyone would swat away a troublesome insect. He woke up that morning in his McMansion, got dressed, made his tea, went to work, and died a needless, brutal death at the hands of a man he didn't even know existed in the home of his arch-nemesis.

That's two of the new characters who are now dead: Nacho and Howard. That leaves Kim and Lalo. I'm assuming that Lalo is killed at some point in the next six episodes, as he doesn't seem to be a concern for Gus at any point in Breaking Bad. Surely they won't just kill off Kim, too, will they? She's already ass-deep in "The Game" (as Mike put it), so anything probably goes.

The Antipodean 05-24-22 04:27 AM

Howard did feel doomed, yet I was expecting perhaps suicide or an accidental end - a big shock at the end for me

John Galt 05-24-22 07:33 AM

As soon as Lalo diverted his attention to that cockroach, I figured he would end up at Saul’s. Once Howard showed up I knew his fate was sealed.

And now we’re back to waiting for new episodes.

andicus 05-24-22 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 14107984)
It's weird... going into tonight's episode, I knew Howard was doomed. Since he was drinking tea instead of coffee in the previous episode when a point was made about caffeine and the drug Saul and Kim got from the vet, I was certain that he was going to have some kind of reaction to that stuff and have some kind of fatal reaction to it.

The scene in Saul's apartment with Howard was so brilliantly done. Howard comes to his home, somewhat drunk, and give a spot-on description of Saul and Kim's characters.

But then, with a flickering of a small flame, it becomes something else.

Poor Howard is clueless and doomed at that moment. "Who are you?" he asks, not getting it, even with the looks on Kim and Saul's faces as Lalo casually screws the silencer onto his gun. And then casually blows Howard's brains out the side of his as casually as anyone would swat away a troublesome insect. He woke up that morning in his McMansion, got dressed, made his tea, went to work, and died a needless, brutal death at the hands of a man he didn't even know existed in the home of his arch-nemesis.

That's two of the new characters who are now dead: Nacho and Howard. That leaves Kim and Lalo. I'm assuming that Lalo is killed at some point in the next six episodes, as he doesn't seem to be a concern for Gus at any point in Breaking Bad. Surely they won't just kill off Kim, too, will they? She's already ass-deep in "The Game" (as Mike put it), so anything probably goes.

Unless they jump into the BB timeline, Lalo is unlikely to die. At least to Saul's knowledge. Remember that he was still afraid of Lalo, during BB, when Walt and Jesse kidnapped him.

Decker 05-24-22 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 14108034)
Unless they jump into the BB timeline, Lalo is unlikely to die. At least to Saul's knowledge. Remember that he was still afraid of Lalo, during BB, when Walt and Jesse kidnapped him.

We all remember. But after the poolside massacre at Don Eladio mansion, Gus tells Hector that "All the Salamancas are dead". So he died before their showdown.