DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Old Man (FX) -- S: Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, Amy Brenneman -- Premieres 6/16/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/655406-old-man-fx-s-jeff-bridges-john-lithgow-amy-brenneman-premieres-6-16-22-a.html)

DJariya 05-16-22 12:14 PM

The Old Man (FX) -- S: Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, Amy Brenneman -- Premieres 6/16/22

Based on the bestselling novel by Thomas Perry, “The Old Man” centers on Dan Chase who absconded from the CIA decades ago and has been living off the grid since. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past. With Dan Chase flushed out of hiding, the FBI’s Assistant Director for Counterintelligence Harold Harper is called on to hunt him down because of his complicated past with the rogue fugitive. When Chase proves to be more difficult to apprehend than the authorities expected, a highly trained special ops contractor is sent to pursue him as well. While on the run, Chase rents a room from Zoe McDonald who draws on reserves she never knew she had in order to survive the day when she learns the truth about her new tenant.

Trailer looks good. I believe this was delayed for almost 2 years due to the pandemic and also Bridges cancer diagnosis.

Inhumans99 05-16-22 12:55 PM

Re: The Old Man (FX) -- S: Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, Amy Brenneman -- Premieres 6/16/22

Wow, this does look good. I have not paid attention to what is in the FX pipeline for several years now, but will give this a try.

Geofferson 05-16-22 01:34 PM

Re: The Old Man (FX) -- S: Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, Amy Brenneman -- Premieres 6/16/22

I read the book and it was a helluva read. Really looking forward to this one :up:

lwhy? 05-16-22 01:45 PM

Wow. That looks great! Lots of shows coming out late May/June that I want to watch (For All Mankind, Stranger Things, The Old Man). It'll take me until July or August to watch all of them.

Koby 05-16-22 03:04 PM

deleted

Michael T Hudson 05-21-22 05:13 PM

This looks great.

Why So Blu? 05-21-22 06:51 PM

Hell yeah! I'm in.

GoldenJCJ 05-21-22 07:38 PM

Amy Brenneman looks like she’s playing the same character from Heat. She seems to have shit luck picking men. :lol:

JeffTheAlpaca 05-22-22 07:41 PM

Amazing this show is on regular FX and not FX on Hulu which is good news.

Inhumans99 05-23-22 01:43 PM

I thought FX on Hulu is just the same shows that air on the FX network, but also quickly become available to watch on Hulu? In other words, I thought that FX on Hulu was just a marketing branding thing to get more folks to try Hulu as the place to view FX shows on demand.

DJariya 05-23-22 01:45 PM

FX on Hulu doesn't exist anymore. Hulu will show FX shows next day after it airs on TV.

There have been some exceptions though like American Crime Story.

mickey65 05-23-22 02:11 PM

I'm already worried about what happens to his dogs...

Why So Blu? 05-23-22 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 14107672)
FX on Hulu doesn't exist anymore. Hulu will show FX shows next day after it airs on TV.

There have been some exceptions though like American Crime Story.

Yeah, that's the schedule they had on that short-lived David Ayer/Stephen Dorff show "Deputy." New episodes aired the next day.

Osiris3657 05-23-22 06:28 PM

This just a mini series or are multiple seasons planned? Bridges appears to be channeling his inner Liam Neeson

DJariya 05-23-22 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 14107737)
Yeah, that's the schedule they had on that short-lived David Ayer/Stephen Dorff show "Deputy." New episodes aired the next day.

That wasn't an FX show. It aired on FOX.

Why So Blu? 05-23-22 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 14107810)
That wasn't an FX show. It aired on FOX.

Same shit, different drink?

JeffTheAlpaca 05-23-22 07:20 PM

Under Banner of Heaven and Mrs America were FX on Hulu shows so does that mean there will no longer be shows exclusive to Hulu and from now on they will air on regular FX on Cable or Satellite?

DJariya 05-24-22 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 14107831)
Same shit, different drink?

FX shows never used to go to Hulu next day because it was cable. Only network TV series like shit from FOX.

Once that FX streaming service shut down, then FX/Hulu started working together more and making things next day and bringing back classic FX content.

DJariya 05-26-22 10:06 AM

https://deadline.com/2022/05/jeff-br...er-1235033425/

Interview with Bridges. He talks about how his cancer treatments weakened his immune system and he later caught COVID, which nearly killed him.

His cancer is currently in remission.

DJariya 06-05-22 01:08 PM

A good new interview with Bridges that aired on CBS Sunday Morning today. He reflects back on his career, talks about the new show and also talks about his health issues over the last 2 years.

It's worth a watch. It's only 7 1/2 minutes. He looks good now.

Decker 06-05-22 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 14107833)
Under Banner of Heaven and Mrs America were FX on Hulu shows so does that mean there will no longer be shows exclusive to Hulu and from now on they will air on regular FX on Cable or Satellite?

Danny Boyle's Sex Pistols show as well. FX shows exclusively on Hulu. They just don't call it FX on Hulu any more.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...03f41357ea.jpg

aktick 06-17-22 10:46 AM

Well that was fantastic.

Throwing Copper 06-17-22 12:53 PM

This looks good. Also great to see Amy Brenneman in something, been a fan for 25 years or so.

OldBoy 06-19-22 08:03 PM

This is Emmy worthy stuff. Lithgow is mesmerizing. Did they bleep out the f word on fx? I’m watching Hulu.

whotony 06-19-22 09:00 PM

Is Bridges still mush mouthing everything?