Better Call Saul (S6E05) - “Black and Blue” - 5/9/22

Old 05-08-22, 07:41 PM

Received 3,256 Likes on 2,212 Posts
Better Call Saul (S6E05) - “Black and Blue” - 5/9/22

Old 05-09-22, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 2,162 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Re: Better Call Saul (S6E05) - “Black and Blue” - 5/9/22

Note, if you're behind on the show and hoping to "binge it" on AMC +, you better hurry up and get going. The 1st 2 episodes are leaving AMC + next week.

Old 05-09-22, 04:52 PM

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

While I understand the nature of contracts stipulating how long certain episodes and series can be property of the network airing them... I will never understand the logic of taking the current season's episodes down. Like BCS Season 6 has started. Leave BCS Season 6 up until Season 6 is over. Or else you're just shooting yourself in the foot by not giving people an easy and legal way to catch up if they missed that the show was starting back up for whatever reason. Why make it so difficult on the viewer?

Like I get it. Once Season 6 ends it eventually goes to Netflix / whatever service. AMC doesn't own this show. That's fine. But why discourage viewers from being able to binge the current season again leading up to the finale as well?
The following users liked this post:
Spiderbite (05-10-22)
Old 05-09-22, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,574 Posts

Yeah that's wild that it's leaving AMC+. I get leaving AMC on-demand, but the paid streamer is surprising.
Old 05-09-22, 05:07 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 930 Likes on 664 Posts

Very dumb to take down the earlier episodes of the same season. Paying subscribers like to binge watch stuff from time to time. I re-subbed just for BCS, and I don't mind paying, but don't take those episodes away. That's lame.

I imagine they do it so someone doesn't get themselves a free trial when the last episode goes up, allowing them to binge them all without paying a dime. I'm fine with them imposing some kind of restriction on free trials. Wouldn't be that hard.
Old 05-09-22, 05:27 PM

Received 3,256 Likes on 2,212 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I imagine they do it so someone doesn't get themselves a free trial when the last episode goes up, allowing them to binge them all without paying a dime.
It could be that.

AMC does not own the show. It could be that the split in the season caused an issue for the streaming rights. If that is the case, it is possible that Season 6 - Part 1 will be on Netflix right before Part 2 starts... like how Season 5 was added right before the Season 6 premiere. That sounds a bit far fetched though considering it's not a long break.

Last edited by dex14; 05-09-22 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-09-22, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 86 Likes on 68 Posts

I hope they amp up the quality and pacing this episode. This season IMO is sort of disappointing so far.
Old 05-09-22, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I imagine they do it so someone doesn't get themselves a free trial when the last episode goes up, allowing them to binge them all without paying a dime. I'm fine with them imposing some kind of restriction on free trials. Wouldn't be that hard.
AMC+ is a premium subscription service, but that doesn't really track because this is a regular AMC show. It doesn't require a premium pay subscription to watch. It's just a show on their regular network. It's not like an Apple + or Amazon Prime show where you need to subscribe to see any of it. So that probably isn't a factor.
Old 05-09-22, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

OK, I think the "Filler!" crowd may finally have reason to complain this week. I mean, what did we learn this week? Howard has a guy tailing Saul now. I think that about sums it up. And if I never hear about the Sandpiper case again it will be too soon.
Old 05-09-22, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 453 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
OK, I think the "Filler!" crowd may finally have reason to complain this week. I mean, what did we learn this week? Howard has a guy tailing Saul now. I think that about sums it up. And if I never hear about the Sandpiper case again it will be too soon.
Well, that and we see Lalo's approach to getting to Gus by doing a little research on Werner's wife. Although I guess I'm forgetting something because I'm not sure how Lalo knew anything about Werner and his wife and their association with Gus (and we know that he knows nothing about the underground lab). Lalo looks to be going after the guys Werner worked with and will be tracking them with the help of the slide ruler in resin display which they gave to his wife (message translates to something like "Love, from the boys").

Gus has a suspicion Lalo will be looking into the lab, so he hides his gun there. I have no idea what would make him think that though.

I was rooting for Harry to knock the shit out of Saul. He deserved it.
Unfortunately, Harry's looking into what Saul's up to will probably thrust himself in the middle of some cartel shit. I suspect Harry will be a casualty.

I still think Kim goes into hiding and we'll see her in the future re-surface and connect with Gene.
Old 05-09-22, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,574 Posts

It took Matt a full week to release last week's poster
uteotw (05-12-22)
Old 05-10-22, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

AMC+ doesn't show BCS in 4k, correct?
Old 05-10-22, 12:41 AM

AMC+ didn't put this up until 10:30 for me, not sure why.

Any Better Call Saul episode is good tv, but just feels like it's being way too plodding with so much ground to cover still. Did we need two long scenes demonstrating the characters are afraid of Lalo? We already know that. Definitely seemed filler heavy. But still well shot and gripping to watch.

Lalo knows about Verner Zeigler from tailing Mike to the money transfer / travel lodge place. I'm sure it wasn't that hard to find records of a funeral for a German man named Verner Zeigler in that time frame. And that's how he found the wife.

Got a chuckle out of Mr Ward. H.O. Ward. Howard. Not sure why Cliff is buying in so hard on Howard being a junkie. The connection to Kim & Jimmy and the way Jimmy acted during his time at Davis & Mane should make it very transparent to him, shouldn't it?
Spiderbite (05-10-22)
Old 05-10-22, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

It's 11:08pm, and I'm still waiting for Amazon to load Black and Blue. It usually loads at 9PM. Pissing me off!

Last edited by Jack Straw; 05-10-22 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-10-22, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 152 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
I was rooting for Harry to knock the shit out of Saul. He deserved it.
Unfortunately, Harry's looking into what Saul's up to will probably thrust himself in the middle of some cartel shit. I suspect Harry will be a casualty.

Old 05-10-22, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Surprised to say this being that I'm biased due to this being my current favorite show but this was the most uneventful, boring episode of the entire series. We're almost at the end & since the Nacho episode we haven't really gotten much. I can't believe how disappointed I was with tonight's episode.
Old 05-10-22, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 407 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Well, that and we see Lalo's approach to getting to Gus by doing a little research on Werner's wife. Although I guess I'm forgetting something because I'm not sure how Lalo knew anything about Werner and his wife and their association with Gus (and we know that he knows nothing about the underground lab). Lalo looks to be going after the guys Werner worked with and will be tracking them with the help of the slide ruler in resin display which they gave to his wife (message translates to something like "Love, from the boys").
Lalo got information on the wife when he killed Fred at the TravelWire place.

Gus has a suspicion Lalo will be looking into the lab, so he hides his gun there. I have no idea what would make him think that though.
Gus was counting his steps on the way out, hinting that he'll want to be able to get to the gun in the dark.

I was more interested in how they're going to get the excavator out of the place.
Old 05-10-22, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post
Goddamnit!
Old 05-10-22, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Gus was counting his steps on the way out, hinting that he'll want to be able to get to the gun in the dark.
Yeah, I got that - just don't know how Gus knows what Lalo's up to.
Old 05-10-22, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I was more interested in how they're going to get the excavator out of the place.
They'll bring in that guy who's famous for eating an entire airplane piece by piece and put him to work. Gus better hope that no one needs to move that excavator since he put the gun on top of the treads.
Old 05-10-22, 04:41 PM

By the time the lab is completed in Breaking Bad they have a freight elevator built in. Now the excavator may not have fit inside the freight elevator, but logically it can be lifted out of the elevator shaft before it gets built out... (insert nerd emoji here lol)
Old 05-10-22, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,161 Posts

Originally Posted by New Lurker View Post
By the time the lab is completed in Breaking Bad they have a freight elevator built in. Now the excavator may not have fit inside the freight elevator, but logically it can be lifted out of the elevator shaft before it gets built out... (insert nerd emoji here lol)
And whoever does get it out of there will have to do it blindfolded, too.

That, or Gus plans on killing everyone involved in the construction when it's finished.

Old 05-10-22, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by New Lurker View Post
While I understand the nature of contracts stipulating how long certain episodes and series can be property of the network airing them... I will never understand the logic of taking the current season's episodes down. Like BCS Season 6 has started. Leave BCS Season 6 up until Season 6 is over. Or else you're just shooting yourself in the foot by not giving people an easy and legal way to catch up if they missed that the show was starting back up for whatever reason. Why make it so difficult on the viewer?

Like I get it. Once Season 6 ends it eventually goes to Netflix / whatever service. AMC doesn't own this show. That's fine. But why discourage viewers from being able to binge the current season again leading up to the finale as well?
This is why they are ending TWD and launching new spin-offs. They can redo all the deals. BCS is just a sign of an older era.
Old 05-10-22, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276 View Post
Surprised to say this being that I'm biased due to this being my current favorite show but this was the most uneventful, boring episode of the entire series. We're almost at the end & since the Nacho episode we haven't really gotten much. I can't believe how disappointed I was with tonight's episode.
Gus is putting together the pieces of how Lalo will get him. The “spicy curls” or whatever triggered him to remember a convo with Lalo. Gus knows he will find out about Ziegler and get access to the underground tunnel. Gus untwisted the power plug, counted the steps, and planted a gun. He expects Lalo to strike there and Gus knows exactly how to take
him down and where a hidden gun is.

Lalo knows where that award was created and will find out more details.

jimmy/Kim are doing the exact thing to
Howard as they did to Chuck. It’s just reasonable doubt that Cliff has in Howard and Cliff can settle the class action so Jimmy/Kim get paid.

boring…yes. But BCS is a slow burn.
Spiderbite (05-10-22)
Old 05-10-22, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I wish they had sunset the Howard character at the end of Season 5.

It sure seems like Lalo is going a long way to find out what Gus is doing, when all he's really doing is.....trying to make more money for the cartel!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.