DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Better Call Saul (S6E01&E02) - Season Premiere - "Wine and Roses" & "Carrot and Stick" - 4/18/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/655244-better-call-saul-s6e01-e02-season-premiere-wine-roses-carrot-stick-4-18-22-a.html)

dex14 04-17-22 12:23 PM

Better Call Saul (S6E01&E02) - Season Premiere - "Wine and Roses" & "Carrot and Stick" - 4/18/22

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...6e1130d4de.jpg

AMC announced that the highly anticipated sixth and final season of its Emmy-nominated acclaimed drama Better Call Saul, produced by Sony Pictures Television, will premiere with two back-to-back-episodes on Monday, April 18 at 9:00pm ET/PT on AMC and AMC+. Heralded as "a beautiful tragedy and gripping character drama" (IndieWire) and "one of the best dramas on television" (Vulture), Saul's 13-episode final season will roll out in two parts with the first seven episodes beginning April 18 and culminating with the series' final six episodes beginning July 11. Three new original short-form series connected to the world of Better Call Saul will also debut this spring, including the animated series Slippin' Jimmy; Cooper's Bar, starring Saul's Rhea Seehorn; and new episodes of the Emmy-Award winning Better Call Saul Employee Training Video series. Better Call Saul's final season concludes the complicated journey and transformation of its compromised hero, Jimmy McGill (Bob Odenkirk), into criminal lawyer Saul Goodman. From the cartel to the courthouse, from Albuquerque to Omaha, season six tracks Jimmy, Saul and Gene as well as Jimmy's complex relationship with Kim (Rhea Seehorn), who is in the midst of her own existential crisis. Meanwhile, Mike (Jonathan Banks), Gus (Giancarlo Esposito), Nacho (Michael Mando) and Lalo (Tony Dalton) are locked into a game of cat and mouse with mortal stakes.

New Lurker 04-17-22 02:15 PM

Re: Better Call Saul (S6E01&E02) - Season Premiere - "Wine and Roses" & "Carrot and Stick" - 4/18/22

Can't wait. Two episodes back to back will hit the spot. Breaking Bad stuck the landing on the finale. I have full confidence in them to do it again for Better Call Saul.

Quick note, AMC+ viewers will finish before traditional AMC viewers by a few minutes because of no commercials. So some people may be discussing the episodes before they are finished airing by 20 minutes or so. You've all been warned lol.

Decker 04-17-22 02:29 PM

Re: Better Call Saul (S6E01&E02) - Season Premiere - "Wine and Roses" & "Carrot and Stick" - 4/18/22

Third episode is titled Rock and Hard Place. So there seems to be a theme going with the episode titles this season.

philo 04-18-22 02:56 AM

At long last. Very hyped for this. Can't wait to see what Gene has planned.

Koby 04-18-22 04:41 AM

deleted

Trelach24 04-18-22 05:21 AM

Does anyone have a good recap video?

New Lurker 04-18-22 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 14091106)
First ep already on AMC+ for me. =)

It's not on AMC+ yet for me. Just that 9minute American Greed promo and a 1minute trailer. I think you may be using alternative means lol.

Decker 04-18-22 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Trelach24 (Post 14091109)
Does anyone have a good recap video?

DJariya 04-18-22 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 14091106)
First ep already on AMC+ for me. =)

No it’s not.

There’s only an American Greed promo and a season 6 trailer.

devilshalo 04-18-22 04:28 PM

I liked the first episode, but then, who wasn't going to after such a long hiatus.

Just goes to show how much Lalo is willing to do for the attack on his compound, everyone is expendable in his world, no matter what. And continuing with Kim's insistence on bringing Howard down. That was some awesome shit when Jimmy is confronted by Kevin in the country club, and just goes to show that Saul Goodman is back on track and can think quickly on his feet after his enlightenment in the desert last season. And I feel for Mike trying to look out for Nacho to the point of standing up to Gus to an extent.

philo 04-18-22 10:51 PM

Unexpected seeing the clearing out of Saul's office at the start. I'm guessing they're saving the Gene story line for the back half. Was looking forward to that but hopefully this means more Gene in the last 6 episodes.
I was definitely more engrossed with the Nacho side of things. I thought he might be toast in this premier but maybe there's still hope for him making it out alive. A little surprised Mike was ok with the planted tip off in the safe. Maybe by not answering Nacho's calls that was enough to make him suspicious and ultimately lead to Nacho to spotting the guy in the ice house. Always cool when the cousins turn up and the shootout was tense.

Coral 04-18-22 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by philo (Post 14091528)
Unexpected seeing the clearing out of Saul's office at the start.

That wasn't Jimmy's office - it appears to be his mansion. It's just tacky looking like his office was.

Osiris3657 04-18-22 11:43 PM

As good as ever. If all 13 episodes were available I would binge in one sitting

aktick 04-18-22 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 (Post 14091544)
As good as ever. If all 13 episodes were available I would binge in one sitting

Yup. I look forward to almost no shows nowadays, this coming back was a breath of fresh air. Haven’t had a show to look forward to during the workday in a while…

aktick 04-18-22 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 14091387)
I liked the first episode, but then, who wasn't going to after such a long hiatus.

Just goes to show how much Lalo is willing to do for the attack on his compound, everyone is expendable in his world, no matter what. And continuing with Kim's insistence on bringing Howard down. That was some awesome shit when Jimmy is confronted by Kevin in the country club, and just goes to show that Saul Goodman is back on track and can think quickly on his feet after his enlightenment in the desert last season. And I feel for Mike trying to look out for Nacho to the point of standing up to Gus to an extent.

Timing on your post was kinda shitty, FYI. I’m sure it was a mistake.

philo 04-19-22 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 14091542)
That wasn't Jimmy's office - it appears to be his mansion. It's just tacky looking like his office was.

Right! Brain goof. Clearly a much bigger place.

Bandoman 04-19-22 06:20 AM

Started to watch this but am so lost after not having any episodes for two years. I have to go back and rewatch last season before I start this one.

New Lurker 04-19-22 11:49 AM

Two very good episodes. The quality is still there for sure.

Bummed out there was no Gene scene. Is this the only season opener without one? Also was an 8 minute montage of his possessions being repo-ed really a good use of time with only 13 episodes left? lol

I feel a lot less embarrassed about thinking the guy in the trailer was a second Lalo in the other thread lol. I mean he kind of was. Close enough to be used as a look a like corpse.

That scene with Kim & The Kettlemans was hardcore. She is most definitely Walter White now.

I'm also happy they had Gus figure out Lalo was alive like instantly. On Breaking Bad they showed him to be super intelligent so glad they didn't make him a dumb dumb for the sake of moving the story along.

Saul slipping with Lalo's name with the DA & detective is going to snowball. That was a small moment that's going to have big consequences.

Nacho is fucked. There's no way out of this one for him. He's the Jesse of this show. And he sure ain't getting that Jesse escape ending.

John Galt 04-19-22 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by New Lurker (Post 14091706)
Saul slipping with Lalo's name with the DA & detective is going to snowball. That was a small moment that's going to have big consequences.

I couldn't tell if that was intentional or not.

dhmac 04-19-22 02:12 PM

I didn't understand the scene with the replacement safe at Nacho's place and giving up him hiding out at the dumpy motel via its phone number on the bank statement.

Was Gus trying to get Nacho killed? What if Nacho was captured instead and id-ed Gus as behind the assault on Lalo's compound? I just don't get why Gus and Mike did all that.

Gizmo 04-19-22 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by dhmac (Post 14091758)
I didn't understand the scene with the replacement safe at Nacho's place and giving up him hiding out at the dumpy motel via its phone number on the bank statement.

Was Gus trying to get Nacho killed? What if Nacho was captured instead and id-ed Gus as behind the assault on Lalo's compound? I just don't get why Gus and Mike did all that.

Gus wants the Salamncas to kill Nacho.

Gus had Mike plant info of where to find Nacho. Mike told Nacho if anyone knocked to SHOOT. He was setting it up so Nacho was killed and could not talk about who/what happened with Lalo. The twins even killed one of their one who was going to shoot and kill Nacho as they want him alive.

Mike also removed the Dads ID so they did not go after him.

dhmac 04-19-22 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 14091792)
Gus wants the Salamancas to kill Nacho.

That still makes no sense to me because I think all they did was increase the chances that Nacho tells someone about Gus being behind the hit on Lalo.

Deftones 04-19-22 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by dhmac (Post 14091836)
That still makes no sense to me because I think all they did was increase the chances that Nacho tells someone about Gus being behind the hit on Lalo.

Exactly. There seems to be an angle we aren't seeing.

Gizmo 04-19-22 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by dhmac (Post 14091836)

The whole plan was too have Nacho shoot anyone who entered the door, getting into a gun fight (Salamncos squad vs Nacho) killing Nacho so he couldn't talk. If he gets caught, he can talk and say it was all Gus. Mike planted the info on the hotel on purpose, to ensure a gunfight. I don't think either thought the twins would go, since the other red shirts had no problem killing Nacho.

windom 04-19-22 04:56 PM

I don't get who was in the shack watching Nacho in his room. Was it one of Mike's guys? Who did Nacho keep talking to on the his phone? It didn't sound like Mike.