Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: World Championship (Paramount+) - premieres 3/8/23

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-22, 04:36 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
The Challenge: World Championship (Paramount+) - premieres 3/8/23

The Challenge: War of the Worlds -- coming soon to the streaming service -- will feature players from the United States, Australia, United Kingdom and Argentina with new series in the aforementioned different countries. The two-part tourney will feature "the biggest reality athletes battling it out to be named their country's champion."

Winners from four new Challenge series (The Challenge: CBS (working title), The Challenge: Argentina, The Challenge: Australia, and The Challenge: U.K.) will advance to the global tournament, The Challenge: War of the Worlds, and battle for the first-ever title as the Challenge World Champion.
Old 02-21-22, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts
re: The Challenge: World Championship (Paramount+) - premieres 3/8/23

It sounds like TJ is going to host all four of these. I was listening to Challenge Mania today and he said he was leaving for Argentina in March for The Challenge: Argentina.

They are going over a year without shooting a regular MTV Challenge season. I bet the regular cast is getting very upset that they aren't get their appearance fees and per episode checks.
Old 02-21-22, 06:55 PM

So the international ones, those are licensed to other networks? Will Paramount+ still stream them? Would be nice.
Old 02-21-22, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dex14
So the international ones, those are licensed to other networks? Will Paramount+ still stream them? Would be nice.
There's been no word on if they'll stream on Paramount+. They listed the stations they will air on in their respective countries. It would be a no brainer to air them all on Paramount+ though. They are all filming in the same location in Argentina to save costs and they'll all have the same host.
Old 02-21-22, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Edited to add: Maybe TJ is just hosting the CBS version now. That's what most websites are saying. I may have misunderstood him.
Old 10-19-22, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They have started filming this. I would advise everyone to not look at the cast lists floating around online. There's spoilers about the winners of the International versions and The Challenge 38. I will say that there will be some of the all time best MTV Challenge Competitors in this and looking at the list made me happy but also made me sad about all the spoilers.
Old 01-25-23, 11:33 AM

Shortly after Season 38 of “The Challenge” wraps on MTV, “The Challenge: World Championship” will debut over on Paramount+. The competition series is set to premiere on Wednesday, March 8, with back-to-back episodes available in the U.S. and Canada. The following day, it will drop in the U.K., Latin America and Australia. It will be available in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy and France on Wednesday, March 15.

“The Challenge: World Championship” cast will include both winners and MVPs from “The Challenge: Argentina,” “The Challenge: Australia,” “The Challenge: U.K.” and “The Challenge: USA.” Although no one from the MTV flagship participated in the international seasons, “World Championship” will incorporate the original show: Each competitor will be paired with a “Challenge legend.”

Per the press release, “They will help them win power, politic and avoid elimination in order to make it to the most difficult challenge of them all, the brutal finale worth $500,000. In the end, only the most dominant will conquer the game and prove they are not just the best in their home country, but the best in the world.”

Longtime host TJ Lavin will return as a co-host alongside global hosts Brihony Dawson (Australia), Mark Wright (U.K.) and Alejandro “Marley” Wiebe (Argentina).

The full cast will be announced within the upcoming weeks. Danny McCray and Sarah Lacina won “USA” while Kiki Morris and Troy Cullen won “Australia.” Winners for “Argentina” and “U.K.” have not yet been revealed.

“The Challenge” debuted in 1998 and has always focused on bringing back cast members from past shows. That began with former “The Real World” and “Road Rules” members and has since expanded to more than 27 other outside franchises, including “Are You the One?,” “Big Brother” and “Survivor.” Last year, Paramount+ announced the international seasons to take place in Argentina, Australia, U.K. and the U.S. — all of which will affect future seasons of the flagship show, which has been renewed through Season 39.

“Often, we would have people from other countries on and they had never seen the show,” Bunim/Murray president Julie Pizzi told Variety in June. “Now, all because of Paramount+, the cast members all over the globe are able to watch it and study it. They’re going in knowing who Wes Bergmann is or knowing who Johnny Bananas is, which is really fascinating.”

“The Challenge: World Championship” will be 12 episodes. Executive producers include Pizzi, Justin Booth, Dan Caster and Leanne Mucci with German Abarca, Ernesto De La O, David Sambuchi, Kristopher Schwalenberg and Brad Tiemann as co-executive producers.
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/the...te-1235500010/

Last edited by dex14; 01-25-23 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-25-23, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The Challenge: World Championship (Paramount+) - premieres 3/8/23

I was coming to post this, but dex14 beat me to it. I just wish they would put the international versions on Paramount Plus. I want to watch the Challenge Australia and UK.
Old 01-25-23, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I was coming to post this, but dex14 beat me to it. I just wish they would put the international versions on Paramount Plus. I want to watch the Challenge Australia and UK.
I don't understand why they aren't... They definitely should.
Old 01-25-23, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dex14
I don't understand why they aren't... They definitely should.
I don't either. If you're in the UK, you can watch The Challenge Australia and UK....
Old 01-25-23, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I don't either. If you're in the UK, you can watch The Challenge Australia and UK....
I saw someone say this on Twitter, but not sure if it is true: #TheChallengeAustralia drops on @paramountplus
on February 15th, and #TheChallengeUK drops on P+ on Feb. 26th. #TheChallengeArgentina premieres on February 19th, and supposedly airs over three weeks

Edit: Here is a Yahoo article that list it! https://news.yahoo.com/paramount-feb...162413055.html
The following users liked this post:
lwhy? (01-25-23)
Old 01-25-23, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Will they just make up the rules as they go along like on The Challenge: USA?
Old 01-25-23, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm glad we're going to get a chance to watch them before the World Championship.
Old 02-15-23, 12:50 PM

Worlds will collide when The Challenge‘s ultimate global championship kicks off, and now we have our very first look at the chaos to come.

The Challenge: World Championship (which premieres on Paramount+ Wednesday, March 8 with two episodes; watch a first look video above) will pair MVP’s from its USA, UK, Argentina and Australia installments with Challenge legends from MTV’s past to form some of the most iconic teams in franchise history. Together, the duos will battle each other in hopes of coming out on top and winning the $500,000 prize. (And the World Champion title? That’s not too shabby either.)

The legends returning to the fold include Amber Borzotra, Darrell Taylor, Jodi Weatherton, Johnny “Bananas” DeVenanzio, Jonna Stephens, Jordan Wiseley, Kaycee Clark, KellyAnne Judd, Nelson Thomas, Nia Moore, Theo Campbell, Tori Deal, Wes Bergmann and Yes Duffy.

As for the first batch of global players, Ben Driebergen, Danny McCray, Justine Ndiba and Sarah Lacina will represent The Challenge: USA, while Emily Seebohm, Grant Crapp, Kiki Morris and Troy Cullen will be the faces from Australia. Contestants from the UK and Argentina series will be announced at a later date.

Fans can meet the global players by watching the international shows, which will be arriving soon to Paramount+. The Challenge: Australia begins streaming Wednesday, Feb. 15 (today!) at 1/12c; The Challenge: UK will drop Saturday, Feb. 25; and The Challenge: Argentina will release Wednesday, April 5.
Old 02-15-23, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Wow, Theo is back after being blinded in one eye.

I guess Aneesa has to sit this one out.
Old 02-15-23, 03:35 PM

I started watching the Australia season. It looks like (so far) they are just repeating daily challenges that were done on The Challenge: USA. I hope they aren't all going to be the same.
Old 02-15-23, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm watching the first Australia episode now and the CBS Challenge USA cast got screwed. They had to live in a warehouse and Australia got to live in the Ride or Die house.
Old 02-16-23, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watched the first two episodes of The Challenge Australia and they're definitely reusing the challenges from Ride or Die and The Challenge USA. Some of them have a little twist, but they're basically the same.
Old 02-17-23, 12:01 PM

I wrapped up the Australia season. It was alright I suppose. Even though I knew who the female winner was based on the above article, I was still surprised to see she won. There are a few people I wouldn't mind seeing crossover to the main show.
Old 02-20-23, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

dex14 and I are probably the only ones watching The Challenge Australia. So, I'll post in this thread instead of making a new thread just for Australia, but I agree that there are a few people that I wouldn't mind seeing on the MTV Challenge. There are quite a few good looking women, but I feel they all have the same plastic surgeon. Kiki, Meagan, and Brittany all have similar looking faces. I'm six episodes in and enjoying it so far. There's quite a bit of animosity building between alliances.
Old 02-20-23, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just finished The Challenge: Australia. I thought it was pretty good overall. The final was much easier than The Challenge: USA. The USA cast got screwed with a much harder final and having to live in a warehouse.​​​
Old 02-25-23, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Challenge: UK is on Paramount+ now. It’s only five episodes and it’s hard to find on Paramount+ I had to search for it.
Old 02-25-23, 07:11 PM

Wrapped it up as it was a quick watch. It's funny how someone called out earlier about how the eventual male winner would end up winning by coasting by unnoticed. I'm glad for the female winner. She is quite gorgeous.
Old 02-26-23, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was happy to quickly binge the Australia and UK seasons over the weekend, and they do have some good competitors on those shows. Several Aussie females had this certain look with the fake lips, but it took a few episodes to tell them apart. It was a bit boring seeing the same challenges repeated though. I did like seeing Courtney from Below Deck on the UK challenge, which was odd because Below Deck is a Peacock/Bravo show. I just find it weird that Argentina isn't even premiering until after the Championship show though.
Old 02-27-23, 10:39 AM

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.