Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: World Championship (Paramount+) - premieres 3/8/23

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-23, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
Re: The Challenge: World Championship (Paramount+) - premieres 3/8/23

I finally caught up. For some reason, Spies/Lies and Ride Or Die are not streaming on Paramount + so I just went ahead and started the World Championship after going through USA, Australia & UK. I tried watching the Argentina version but never could find a way to get the subtitles for it.

Anyway...so far the "Legends" seem to be mucking it up more for the newbies than they are helping.

Jordan's extra lap getting the wrong puzzle piece, Wes' decision to not drink the shake, Bananas easy miss on the sun picture, Darrell missing the subtraction. Not to mention a pregnancy and Tori's ridiculous gameplay in not wanting to ever cross Jordan and Kaycee. I don't know how Danny hasn't lost his shit yet.

Sarah is still annoying as hell but a little more tolerable in this than she was in USA.

Spoiler:
Still enjoying the show and hated to see Darrell and KiKi go home. He always makes me laugh with his comments and she has more than impressed me in this season and the Aussie season. Totally don't judge a book by the cover with her.
The following users liked this post:
sikegrad (05-06-23)
Old 05-11-23, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Could Sarah and Emily be the most annoying duo on this show in quite a while?

Jordan plays it pretty stupid in my opinion and got lucky.

If any of you watched Troy on the Australian season, you have to admire his grit and determination after the pole wrestle that he won against a much larger opponent. I was pulling for him all the way in the Hall Brawl and he did not disappoint.

I want to see more stalemates either end like that or TJ goes to a random pick (like the algorithm on the prior seasons) and an opponent is picked that way.
Old 05-12-23, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Unless Jordan was very, VERY sure they weren't going to be picked it seems rash even for him to forfeit a spot in the final and leave it to the whim of another team.

I really like Troy and will be rooting for him (even though Kaycee bores the crap out of me). In fact Sarah and Theo are really the only team I definitely don't want to win.
Old 05-12-23, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Troy's a beast. He had to go through two extremely hard eliminations right before the Australian final and now the World Championship final. It looks like the final might be decent next week.
Old 05-12-23, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Unless Jordan was very, VERY sure they weren't going to be picked it seems rash even for him to forfeit a spot in the final and leave it to the whim of another team.
I thought the same thing. I think there were some conversations that we weren't shown because them doing what they did made zero sense to me.
Old 05-12-23, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hate the alliances this season. On another note, The Challenge Season 39 is going to start filming in June.
Old 05-12-23, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So the next version of The Challenge probably won't be until June with Challenge USA on CBS? That seems like the biggest gap in a while. I suppose I could try watching the Argentina season if I can deal with the subtitles. Isn't there another All-Stars version coming up?
Old 05-12-23, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by windom
So the next version of The Challenge probably won't be until June with Challenge USA on CBS? That seems like the biggest gap in a while. I suppose I could try watching the Argentina season if I can deal with the subtitles. Isn't there another All-Stars version coming up?
All Stars 4 should be coming soon. The Challenge USA might get pulled until the fall with the writers' strike. They're still filming USA right now.
Old 05-17-23, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finished the finale this morning. I'm really happy that Jordan and Kaz won. Johnny, Jordan, and CT are now unquestionably the top 3 male competitors. Wes is right behind them. I was hoping that they would have teased Cara's return in All Stars 4 at the end. I have a feeling they might be holding that season so they'll have content if the Strike drags on.
Old 05-17-23, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I was glad to see them win as well though Jordan was kind of a dick to Kaz for half the show.

I gotta say that I was expecting a little more from the Final than what was delivered since this is a "World Championship." They have done far more difficult and interesting Finals in the past. This one was just meh.

Sucks that Theo rolled his ankle. Must have been pretty bad for them to quit at the point they did.
Old 05-17-23, 04:05 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Kaz is so gorgeous. Happy she won.

The editing on this episode was weird. They should've extended the run time.
Old 05-17-23, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I gotta say that I was expecting a little more from the Final than what was delivered since this is a "World Championship." They have done far more difficult and interesting Finals in the past. This one was just meh.
They ran close to 20 miles, stayed up all night and climbed a mountain the next day. It was enough to wipe Kaycee out. Troy just cemented his status as a bad ass by carrying Kaycee for part of the final. I think it was a pretty good final. Better than most.
Old 05-17-23, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Troy just cemented his status as a bad ass by carrying Kaycee for part of the final.
Troy definitely leveled up. With a better partner he might have had a chance -- ahh who am I kidding. Jordan is a human cheat code.
Old 05-18-23, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Yeah same. I get they did a lot of running, but it didn't feel like a vintage, grueling final. They kept running, I was nodding off, they drank a gross shake and it was over after a little climb. Just felt underwhelming even though it was obviously more difficult than it came across. Anyway, glad for Jordan and Kaz. Have always liked Jordan and his competitiveness. He got screwed last season getting stuck with a fat turd teammate.
Old 05-18-23, 07:01 AM

In this interview with Jordan, he talks about a canoeing section that was cut out: https://ew.com/tv/the-challenge-worl...winning-again/

So, I'll again complain that the edit of this episode was weird and it should've been an extended run time.
Spiderbite (05-18-23)
Old 05-18-23, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jordan said it was one of the top 3 Final he's ever run in that interview. I'm surprised they cut a section out and didn't try to get an extra episode out of this season.

On another note, CBS is running promos for The Challenge USA season 2. It could air this summer before All Stars 4 which was shot before USA season 2.
Old 05-18-23, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
In this interview with Jordan, he talks about a canoeing section that was cut out: https://ew.com/tv/the-challenge-worl...winning-again/

So, I'll again complain that the edit of this episode was weird and it should've been an extended run time.
So effing stupid they cut out sections of the final. Meanwhile someone with a puking fetish makes sure we see ten minutes of that.
Spiderbite (05-18-23)
Old 05-20-23, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of these tasks of a final are really dumb. Sleep deprive the entire cast and then have them ride a bike where someone could have a serious accident is smart. LOL. The food portion is even more dumb because they basically put it in their mouth and then just puke it out. It does become entertaining with someone like Fessy though
Old 05-22-23, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy?
All Stars 4 should be coming soon. The Challenge USA might get pulled until the fall with the writers' strike. They're still filming USA right now.
The Challenge: USA - Season 2, starting August 10.
Old 05-22-23, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dex14
The Challenge: USA - Season 2, starting August 10.
It’s going to air on Thursdays and Sundays for the first three weeks interesting….
Old 05-22-23, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sikegrad
The food portion is even more dumb because they basically put it in their mouth and then just puke it out.
In an interview, Tyson gave a secret that he found out in his season regarding the eating challenges. Just swish the "food" around in your month and act like you puke it up. He said that they won't let you gag yourself, but they will let you fake puke all day long.

There seems to be a lot of both real and fake puking going on for a while now.