Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: World Championship (Paramount+) - premieres 3/8/23

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-23, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: The Challenge: World Championship (Paramount+) - premieres 3/8/23

I watched the UK season.. I didn't realize it was only 5 episodes. After the 4th elimination, the host was like "You've all made the final" and I was like "GTFOH." That was barely a Challenge season. That was like a baby season. They may not be prepared to go against some of the US players. Even The Challenge: USA season was a lot more difficult than the UK one. It's weird that they didn't do the challenges from that one but did repeats of the ones from Ride or Dies.

No one really stood out, though I had it on in the background while I was working. Even the host was dull. I guess knowing the majority of the players each season makes things more interesting.

Hopefully, the Australian season is better. I see it's 10 episodes at least.
Old 03-05-23, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I just finished The Challenge UK. The male champion dominated the Final. He beat second and third place by an hour. I hope Ella or Arabella make it over to the MTV Challenge. I’m getting burnt out now. Ride or Dies, Australia, UK, and USA all had similar challenges, eliminations, and Finals(except for USA). Why did UK and Australia get it so much easier than USA. USA lived in a warehouse and had an extremely hard final. Also, closed captioning on Paramount+ is terrible. During confessionals, captions covered their faces and mouths. I had it on due to the accents and had to turn it off.
Old 03-08-23, 09:29 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

The first two are up. Episode 1 was extended. I like that it was kind of a throwback to Fresh Meat with a "try-out" challenge and it is a bunch of pairs of people who never met nor worked together before. That makes for an interesting dynamic with them getting to know each other.

KellyAnne seems like she needs another break from reality TV. It does not seem good for her mental health with how paranoid and irrational she is every season.

I really don't get why the Argentina season hasn't dropped before this.
Old 03-08-23, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

KellyAnne has a lot of health problems and I'm sure that's affecting her mentally too. I love her and Kendal, but they made both made awful decisions on All Stars. KellyAnne could just beast out in the eliminations and stay awhile. She makes good television, but I agree it's best for her to take some time off.

I'm shocked that they're only giving away $500,000. The MTV Challenge gives away more money. This is supposed to be the World Championship.

The first two episodes could have used some more action. We have only had one elimination so far. Team Argentina seems older than everyone else, but Jujuy is quite stunning. Also, the winner from Argentina isn't in the world championship....
Old 03-09-23, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
KellyAnne has a lot of health problems and I'm sure that's affecting her mentally too. I love her and Kendal, but they made both made awful decisions on All Stars. KellyAnne could just beast out in the eliminations and stay awhile. She makes good television, but I agree it's best for her to take some time off.
What health problems does she have?
Old 03-09-23, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JZ1276
What health problems does she have?
She talks about it quite often on podcasts. She has heavy metal poisoning. She was bedridden for two years before All Stars. https://www.usmagazine.com/podcasts/...20inflammation.

She was really sick during season 3 of All Stars too, but she still made the final. https://www.monstersandcritics.com/t...ring-season-3/

Last edited by lwhy?; 03-11-23 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-11-23, 07:09 AM

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

So apparently they began filming on CWS only 7-10 days after Argentina Series ended. The winner of Challenge Argentina(won't say their name in case it shows up Paramount+ and people want to watch it then) says on Instagram Interview

Btwn Language Barriers and the compact filming schedule,look like players from that country were doomed to fail

Last edited by AaronHernandez; 03-11-23 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-15-23, 06:41 AM

A Challenge-less episode based around voting in drama... bleh.

And Nelson fails in a spectacular Nelly-like fashion. Embarrassing.
Old 03-15-23, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Boring episode, but I couldn't quit laughing during the elimination.
Old 03-17-23, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nelson was a surprising pick for this season. He’s not a legend.

He's been in a really bad car accident recently https://people.com/sports/challenge-...yer-kj-osborn/

I don't really know why KellyAnne thinks Jonna is her friend. Jonna always plays the middle and she didn't help KellyAnne and Kendall on All Stars 3. She almost always sided with the Treehouse alliance. I really hope they don't have a full episode with a challenge and no elimination and then a full episode on an elimination this whole season. The pacing is terrible so far.

Last edited by lwhy?; 03-18-23 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-18-23, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Nelson was a surprising pick for this season. He's been in a really bad car accident. https://people.com/sports/challenge-...yer-kj-osborn/
This accident just happened. Wasn't this season already taped by then?
Old 03-18-23, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by leeta
This accident just happened. Wasn't this season already taped by then?
Those were supposed to be two separate statements. Nelson isn’t a legend and shouldn’t be on this season. That’s why he was a surprising casting choice to me. The accident happened very recently months after this season.
The following users liked this post:
Spiderbite (05-05-23)
Old 03-18-23, 09:02 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Nelson isn’t a legend and shouldn’t be on this season. That’s why he was a surprising casting choice to me. The accident happened very recently months after this season.
Same as the "All Stars" season. Many of them were not, just like many of the "legends" aren't legends.
Old 03-18-23, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Same as the "All Stars" season. Many of them were not, just like many of the "legends" aren't legends.
All Stars wasn't supposed to be All Stars. It was supposed to be The Challenge OG, but some marketing guru at Paramount decided to call it All Stars. It was just supposed to be for older Challenge cast members that hadn't been on in a long time.

World Championship is supposed to be the best of the best and Nia and Nelson aren't the best of the best. KellyAnne is considered to be questionable, but she's legit and should have been All Stars 1 co-female champions with Jonna if they didn't decide to have one winner take all
Old 03-22-23, 04:57 PM

I liked how this challenge was Squid Game-like.
Old 03-23-23, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dex14
I really liked the daily. It's funny an Ex-NFL player lost to Wes one on one. Danny and Tori were both trying to tackle Wes and Zara.
Old 03-24-23, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Finally caught up. I ran across the “how to get Paramount+ for free” method and gave it a shot.

Decided to go ahead and watch the UK and AU seasons first. The UK season seemed almost like an afterthought, being so short didn’t help. The AU version felt like watching a true Challenge season. As far as the Argentinian season not being available, it looks like none of the top finishers from that season even made it to the Championship, so no loss there.

I’m enjoying the World Championship so far. The challenges seem fresh and the cast is pretty good (with a few dubious exceptions mentioned above). The only negative is maybe that gameplay is a little formulaic so far (nominations/alliances), but that is probably unavoidable early in a season with this large of a cast. And boy they sure put a lot of work in foreshadowing Danny wanting to mix things up. 😂 I guess we’ll see.
Old 03-24-23, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Argentina season will be coming to P+ on April 5th according to this calendar: https://www.realityblurred.com/reali...chedule-guide/
Old 03-24-23, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Yeah was a nice change of pace. They should do more of this type of thing as dailies in recent seasons have been uninteresting and that is normally their calling card.

Old 03-29-23, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ugh, another episode without an elimination challenge. We don't even know who's going in.

A stalemate should result in a random pick from all the eligible pairs. That will make sure it never happens again.
Old 03-30-23, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This series is dragging along at a snail's pace. Wes is his own worst enemy. He overthinks things and ended up in elimination as a result.
Old 03-30-23, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was listening to this podcast with CT today and it sounds like he's retired for good. https://www.spreaker.com/user/challengemania/cm-345-ct

He said he's accomplished everything that he wants to and doesn't want to show up to just collect a check. I'll miss him, but he's 42 and his performance will eventually decline anyway. He said he's turned casting down six times. He's apparently been called for every All Stars, World Championship and flagship show.
Old 04-12-23, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This elimination for Bananas felt so much like his last one on the regular Challenge. Had to arrange something a certain way and wasn't paying attention to the details.
Old 04-14-23, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kaz didn't know 6 x 7.... KellyAnne just had the best strategic move of her whole Challenge career. I was actually shocked she pulled it off. She's usually all over the place.
Old 04-19-23, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Challenge has a major problem with pregnant women competing on the show. Amber is probably the sixth most recent case. Did Covid or some kind of South African flu ravage the cast this season? Kaycee should have went home. I'm tired of the Kaycee and Tori vacation alliance.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.