Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Book of Boba Fett (S1E07) - Finale - “Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor” - 2/9/22

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Book of Boba Fett (S1E07) - Finale - “Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor” - 2/9/22

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-22, 12:08 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Old 02-08-22, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
re: The Book of Boba Fett (S1E07) - Finale - “Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor” - 2/9/22

Ok, that's a pretty kick ass poster!
Old 02-08-22, 03:06 PM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts
re: The Book of Boba Fett (S1E07) - Finale - “Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor” - 2/9/22

I like Boba Fett.
Old 02-08-22, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

It's ending already? Not much has happened other than Jennifer Beals still being quite attractive even with those ludicrous thing on the top of her head.
Old 02-08-22, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 906 Likes on 668 Posts

I'm not sure what they plan on wrapping up in one more episode. Grogu's decision could go either way between this and Mando S3; no way they can resolve Boba's fight for control...how does this end?
Old 02-08-22, 03:37 PM

I wonder if the big rumored appearance will actually be true.
Old 02-08-22, 04:03 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I wonder if the big rumored appearance will actually be true.
If he looks and sounds like Luke I hope not.
Old 02-08-22, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Let's see, what all has to happen in this episode:

1) Grogu's choice
2) Grogu leaves Luke's planet (somehow)
3) war with the Pikes (at least the first battle of it)
4) who's behind the gang that killed the Tuskens?
5) Freetown comes to the aid of Fett
6) the mayor of Mos Espa needs his ass kicked
7) Boba Fett rides the rancor (remember that?)

what am I missing?
The following users liked this post:
VinVega (02-12-22)
Old 02-08-22, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 389 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason

1) Grogu's choice

what am I missing?
something about the storyline being continued in the Mandolorian.
Old 02-08-22, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts

1) Grogu's choice

what am I missing?
8) Max Rebo taking a deuce when the cantina blows up
Old 02-08-22, 05:28 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Cara Dune swooping in to save the day!

The following 3 users liked this post by TGM:
dhmac (02-10-22), Thos19 (02-11-22), windom (02-08-22)
Old 02-08-22, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I for one hope that this series will lead to more emphasis to the Star Wars underworld, either focusing on the Bounty Hunters or the criminal organizations like the Shadow Collective.

We were supposed to get a series like that until they decided not to make it. With the focus on the Pyke Syndicate, I’m sure they could lead into the Black Sun and others.
Old 02-08-22, 05:53 PM

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

I watched the first two and thought it was decent. Gonna binge the final 5 in the next 24 hours.

Curious to see the title character only appearing in like one scene total in a pair of episodes 😂
Old 02-08-22, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I for one hope that this series will lead to more emphasis to the Star Wars underworld, either focusing on the Bounty Hunters or the criminal organizations like the Shadow Collective.

We were supposed to get a series like that until they decided not to make it. With the focus on the Pyke Syndicate, I’m sure they could lead into the Black Sun and others.
...or Crimson Dawn

B.A. (02-11-22)
Old 02-08-22, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,192 Likes on 2,060 Posts

1) Grogu's choice

what am I missing?
And oddly, Boba is going to do all that with his helmet off.
Old 02-09-22, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

No rumored cameos. It was a pretty straightforward episode. However, I think it was wrapped up too quickly. I also think the big battle scene with the robot spiders kind of dragged a little too long. That was pretty badass when Boba Fett killed Cad Bane. But, considering how quickly things wrapped up, I felt like there was a little lack of development. Cad Bane needed more time IMO as a villain. And then Fennec swoops in and assassinates that group at the end. All neat and tidy.

But, it was good to see Mando and Grogu reunite. That was cute when Grogu flew into Mando's arms when they saw each other and hugged him. at the end when Grogu kept tapping on the window for Mando to speed up.

We know where Mandalorian season 3 is heading with Grogu and Mando reunited. Not sure what direction they head with Boba Fett or if this is a one-off series. I felt like they didn't really have a clear direction and it was so bizarrely structured and needed to finish it as "Mandalorian season 2.5" without it being a complete dud. Boba just wasn't that interesting of a character to carry this. I like Fennec, but I wasn't a huge fan of how she was used in this series.

The Robert Rodriguez directed episodes, including the finale were definitely the worst of the season.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-09-22 at 03:40 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DJariya:
B.A. (02-11-22), Thos19 (02-11-22)
Old 02-09-22, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

That was pretty damn meh. I would rather watch Space Justified with Cobb Vanth and Cad Bane then a second season of this.
Old 02-09-22, 03:30 AM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I was up working way too late and was about to go to bed when I decided hmm, take a look and sure enough the episode was up so I stayed up for it. No spoilers from me but some reactions:

Overall, I liked the series and where it ended up. I mean, my favorite character from my favorite movie has their own show 40+ years later, I was going to go with it no matter what. Part of me wonders where his story can go from here. It almost feels like such a small scale win, and what will the payoff be in the long run? Maybe Tatooine is in for bigger stuff down the way, who knows? There do seem to be loose ends, like if not spice then what, will the waters ever return, are all of the Tuskens were killed or just some (the little boy or the warrior?), plus a character or two (see below).

Part of me wants to go back and watch this in chronological order and without the Mandalorian side quest episodes. What would the story be like from Sarlaac to Sanctuary and sticking close to Boba Fett? Maybe someone nerdier and less busy than me can do some time stamping on a blog post and I'll give it a shot. I couldn't get my kids into this one the way I could get them into the Mandalorian. It's possible Grogu made the difference. But they wouldn't even come around to some of the later episodes. We'll see if we can remedy that at all.

As for this episode, some spoiler-free reactions: good visuals, good teamwork, lots of little moments to shine. Everyone played their role basically the way I thought they would. I do think some of the battle scenes went on extremely long and wish they had been cut down in order to add more resolution to the ending. Lots of characters parted ways without saying goodby on screen. Could've been nice to have a moment of "Where are you gping to next?" "We'll go back to this other planet, actually. I need training." I really think they could have gone a little further with Boba Fett's motivations for his attempt to turn things around in his life, especially when he was outright asked about it. "These are my people." Sure... but, why? That just isn't as clear as I'd hoped it would be.

We all saw this coming, but I'll say
Spoiler:
I got frustrated a lot with the rancor. Lots of people just stopping to stare at it fighting the droid instead of shooting the droid and helping. The poor rancor took how many shots and stabbings?! Boba Fett is used to beasts but I thought this rancor was going to have some emotional bond and connection, so whenever it got hurt in ways that felt needless in terms of what the team could've done, I didn't care for that.

Regarding one particular character:
Spoiler:
I think some Clone Wars fans are going to be pretty miffed that Cad Bane showed up for two episodes and now he's gone. I've got to admit, I think I may be one of them. He's the perfect villain to retreat and live to fight another day, just like always. I liked him and Boba Fett getting into their history, but considering how dragged out the droid battle scenes were, their confrontation was simply too short. These shows are merciless with introducing great characters who don't make it. Just look at Kuiil and IG-11.

And regarding another:
Spoiler:
Originally Posted by DJariya
Also, it sounded to me like Cobb Vanth was dead. He didn't show up and one of the Free Town people said he was "killed in cold blood"
Better go back for a mid-credits scene, it looks like @Goldberg74 and I were on to something.

It was fun to stay up, but wow, gotta get to bed!

My quick predictions for season two:
1. The new mayor of Mos Espa will be Peli Motto with the Twi'lek majordomo as, well, her majordomo. And ex-boyfriend.
2. Tusken boy and Tusken warrior survived, lead Boba Fett on a quest for the deep water beneath the sands.
3. The Sarlaac remains poison the ground and Boba has to deal with it.
4. Rancor rumble.
5. At least 2-3 bounty hunters from Empire Strikes Back, Clone Wars, etc. show up hoping to set up shop. Boba Fett has to contend with whether these are his friends or his foes, at this point. Bonus: turns out Bossk doesn't like having a bunch of Trandoshans be killed by the Fett clan.

Last edited by story; 02-09-22 at 03:48 AM.
Old 02-09-22, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Ahh thanks never mind then I turned it off once the credits rolled. Didn't realize they had a quick mid-credits scene that clarified that. I deleted that part of my comment.
Old 02-09-22, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: The Book of Boba Fett (S1E07) - Finale - “Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor” - 2/9/22

I kept my expectations in check, and as a conclusion to the first four episodes it was fine. If they had introduced some characters earlier on the payoffs would've been better. It still doesn't make sense that a third of the show went on the detour it did, but I certainly didn't mind as it was by far the best imo.

Not particularly interested in the further adventures of Boba, other than showing up in other shows. I'd love a Book of Boba Fett set in between the trilogies...classic armor, competing with the other bounty hunters. Could even set it on Coruscant, perhaps working for Xizor and the Black Sun.

Last edited by Artman; 02-09-22 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-09-22, 07:49 AM

Re: The Book of Boba Fett (S1E07) - Finale - “Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor” - 2/9/22

Well... this series, overall, was a bit underwhelming. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it to some degree, but it seemed kind of thrown together. They could've either 1. made a 5 episode season without any of the Din Djarin and Grogu stuff and it really wouldn't have changed much of the outcome. Or 2. instead of this series even happening, they could've just given us Season 3 of The Mandalorian with Episodes 5 & 6 being S3E01 and S3E02. Then have Fennec come asking Din for help, give an exposition dump on what Boba and her have been and the current situation, and what happens in Episode 7 could've been S3E03.
B.A. (02-11-22)
Old 02-09-22, 09:42 AM

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

I thought this series ended up being average at best, but as a Star Wars fan I’ll take average. I’m really glad the rumored cameo didn’t happen. I have never seen Clone Wars, but it’s a bummer they killed off Cad Bane.
My biggest disappointment however was one I knew was going to happen. The reuniting of Grogu and Din. I was really looking forward to a season where he isn’t shackled to the child. No way in hell they would keep them separate though.
Old 02-09-22, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
The reuniting of Grogu and Din. I was really looking forward to a season where he isn’t shackled to the child. No way in hell they would keep them separate though.
They wouldn't even go one episode of Mando s3 lol. Could've had a nice three episode arc to start off with the episodes here... all well, straight into it for s3!
Old 02-09-22, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I’m not sure if Cad Bane is dead. They made it a point to show that thing on his chest beeping. Either that was showing his heart was still beating or it’s a beacon telling someone he’s dead. Not sure why else you’d show that.

Last edited by bunkaroo; 02-09-22 at 11:18 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by bunkaroo:
B.A. (02-11-22), Boondock Saint (02-09-22), story (02-09-22), VinVega (02-12-22)
Old 02-09-22, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Awesome episode, the only thing that could have made it better was if Luke assisted in the fight. The series really picked up once Mando, Luke, and Grogu showed up. That damn Grogu, still so stinkin adorable

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.