Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Book of Boba Fett (S1E07) - Finale - “Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor” - 2/9/22

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Book of Boba Fett (S1E07) - Finale - “Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor” - 2/9/22

Old 02-16-22, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,189 Likes on 2,057 Posts
Re: The Book of Boba Fett (S1E07) - Finale - “Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor” - 2/9/22

And I’m going to miss complaining about it tomorrow.
Old 02-16-22, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: The Book of Boba Fett (S1E07) - Finale - “Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor” - 2/9/22

Originally Posted by jpcamb
I don't think any of us have an issue with Luke of Fennec or even Dart Vadar having mods, it is just that the kids in the Mod Squad on their sad little Vespas flying bikes are just lame as hell.
Yeah the Mod Squad was just pure cringe. Lead girl was the younger Nat in Yellowjackets, at least she's a cutie. But they just felt so out of place.

Most damning thing about this show though is that it demystified Boba Fett. Part of his appeal was how little he was used and how badass his backstory ostensibly seemed. Could've gone in so many directions and this is what they came up with?
Old 02-17-22, 09:54 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

There’s a big difference. The mod squad are Hipsters. Luke and Vader are whiny bitches, who jumped in head first and learned the hard way.

Hipster girl with the bad hair, couldn’t even move her arm while she was running. It was straight down 99% of the time, looked stupid.
Old 02-17-22, 10:02 AM

Received 1,894 Likes on 1,118 Posts

Originally Posted by bchbdaddy
There’s a big difference. The mod squad are Hipsters. Luke and Vader are whiny bitches, who jumped in head first and learned the hard way.

Hipster girl with the bad hair, couldn’t even move her arm while she was running. It was straight down 99% of the time, looked stupid.
At least she had an arm...
Old 02-18-22, 08:14 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Well this show proves something for me - I’d rather have only a show about the Mandalorian than anything more about Boba Fett. I don’t see myself ever revisiting this again. And this is more proof Robert Rodriguez doesn’t have the skills to pull off any kind of directing mojo outside of Mariachi movies. Or Spy Kids I guess. Glad this was only 7 episodes.
Old 02-19-22, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
Well this show proves something for me - I’d rather have only a show about the Mandalorian than anything more about Boba Fett. I don’t see myself ever revisiting this again. And this is more proof Robert Rodriguez doesn’t have the skills to pull off any kind of directing mojo outside of Mariachi movies. Or Spy Kids I guess. Glad this was only 7 episodes.
I think it comes down to the fact that their is this weird obssesion with Bobba Fett and in reality he is not very interesting at all. And the series really didn't find a way to make him more interesting. Grounding him on friggin Tatooine was a very very poor choice. Making him a sort of white hat character was a very poor choice. Having Rodriguez involved is a very poor choice as he is noticeably the worst director on the show. Ming is a smoke show still but her character was as interesting as sand. I am not enough of a fan to just squee and forgive all if Luke shows up and the show itself was exceedingly mediocre. Kathlleen Kennedy in charge was the biggest mistake of all.
Old 02-19-22, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Where is the guy here who was proclaiming this was the best show of 2021? And after one episode.
Old 02-19-22, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Mandalorian was nominated for Outstanding Drama Series in last year's Emmys. Any chance Boba Fett gets that spot this year?
Old 02-19-22, 02:36 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Mandalorian was nominated for Outstanding Drama Series in last year's Emmys. Any chance Boba Fett gets that spot this year?
This is Boba Fett.

He might get nominated for being out standing in his field... err, desert. but I doubt he'd ever get an Emmy for it.

But I say his chances are about as good as RR getting one for directing an episode.
Old 05-03-22, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

For anyone interested, the newest Disney Gallery documentary The Making of The Book of Boba Fett is now up on Disney plus. It’s 62 minutes.