Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

I am shauna rae (22 year old stuck in a child's body) (TLC Channel )

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-21-22, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Has anyone been watching this?

Two episodes have aired so far. Really crazy how young she looks. Sad that It doesn't seem like she'll ever have a normal life.
Old 01-21-22, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: I am shauna rae (22 year old stuck in a child's body) (TLC Channel )

Old 01-21-22, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 569 Likes on 442 Posts

Yeah, I watched it out of morbid curiosity. Definitely do have some sympathy for her paradoxic plight, as she shouldn't be interested in a man who's attracted to her, for obvious reasons. A "good" man would look at her and say "nope, can't do this."

But a couple of other stray observations so far:
She does seem to have the ability to put out the "I'm just a little kid" vibe when she wants to get out of doing something adult, and I think that's holding her back.
They haven't made much mention of her education and skills. That would be a big indicator on how well she'd do not living at home with her over-protective parents (which seems to be a goal of hers, independence).

Watched the first two, but if it becomes a steady diet of "have her do something adult like go to a bar or get a tattoo", or "finding someone to date", I may not make it too much longer.
Old 01-21-22, 06:21 PM

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,773 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by dex14:
funkyryno (01-28-22), tommyp007 (01-21-22)
Old 01-21-22, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Funny you post that, Dex, as in some preview clips they show her being setup for blind dates and her date thinks it's a TV prank.
Old 01-21-22, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If she wants children, I cant see how her body could survive? Most likely she'd have a surrogate to carry her baby?
Old 01-21-22, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,865 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Interesting. I canít get my head around why she couldnít have had Growth Hormone and hormone replacement therapy after the chemo. I keep wondering if it was basically malpractice until she was too old to do anything about it. There are plenty of medications that can stop the growth plates from fusing so I canít fathom why they werenít used in her case, unless there was some weird event that fused the growth plates suddenly. I am not aware of what that could be ó the only logical explanation I can think is that nobody paid any attention to her extreme short stature due to her lack of a pituitary gland pumping out GH until two years after her first period and her growth plates fused as they would normally do when girls are done growing. I hope thatís not what happened though because that is absolutely medical negligence (assuming she actually got medical care ó if not her parents should feel guilty AF).
I need to dig deeper into her medical history.
The following 2 users liked this post by Decker:
devilshalo (01-24-22), Fist of Doom Jr (01-21-22)
Old 01-21-22, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,508 Likes on 983 Posts

I havenít watched the show but I am aware of it simply because Iíve seen a few articles on entertainment/news sites. They all seem to focus on her dating/sex life. It seems a little strange that people seem to be fixating on what dating is like for her and/or trying to get her laid.
The following users liked this post:
The Questyen (01-22-22)
Old 01-21-22, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 515 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
I havenít watched the show but I am aware of it simply because Iíve seen a few articles on entertainment/news sites. They all seem to focus on her dating/sex life. It seems a little strange that people seem to be fixating on what dating is like for her and/or trying to get her laid.
I doubt a TV show about how she can't ride roller coasters or reach anything on a shelf would generate many viewers.
GoldenJCJ (01-21-22)
Old 01-21-22, 07:54 PM

Good point. If you eliminated all shows on TLC about people trying to get laid, and shows about people raising kids, you'd have a test pattern on 24 hours a day.
GoldenJCJ (01-21-22)
Old 01-22-22, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 274 Likes on 219 Posts

https://lawandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Pretend

Law and Order SVU did it.

Old 01-22-22, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 694 Likes on 569 Posts

Once in a while I guilty pleasure watch some shows on TLC (My 600-lb Life, Hoarders, etc.). So Iíve seen the advertisements for this. Havenít watched it though.
Old 01-22-22, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Interesting. I canít get my head around why she couldnít have had Growth Hormone and hormone replacement therapy after the chemo. I keep wondering if it was basically malpractice until she was too old to do anything about it. There are plenty of medications that can stop the growth plates from fusing so I canít fathom why they werenít used in her case, unless there was some weird event that fused the growth plates suddenly. I am not aware of what that could be ó the only logical explanation I can think is that nobody paid any attention to her extreme short stature due to her lack of a pituitary gland pumping out GH until two years after her first period and her growth plates fused as they would normally do when girls are done growing. I hope thatís not what happened though because that is absolutely medical negligence (assuming she actually got medical care ó if not her parents should feel guilty AF).
I need to dig deeper into her medical history.
Did you watch the most recent episode? They were talking about that very thing (I was zoning out a bit, this is more of a "background" show for me), and at the end it was revealed that had a different treatment been performed, or at a different time, something like that, then she should be around 5 feet tall.
Old 01-22-22, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Did you watch the most recent episode? They were talking about that very thing (I was zoning out a bit, this is more of a "background" show for me), and at the end it was revealed that had a different treatment been performed, or at a different time, something like that, then she should be around 5 feet tall.
No I haven't watched it at all. Will have to check it out and then check back here. That sounds like somebody just screwed up big-time.

Edit : Just watched that medical part. Yeah, it's almost exactly what I had hypothesized. They were getting Growth Hormone therapy, but it sounds like they weren't compliant and stopped doing it because Shauna didn't like getting shots all the time. Then instead of putting her on a medication to delay puberty and keep those growth plates open they just waited too long. Such a shame, she would have always been short, probably well under five feet tall, but nothing like what she ended up. Her parents should feel guilty.

Last edited by Decker; 01-22-22 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-22-22, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 453 Posts

The real question is, who here "would bang"?
Old 01-22-22, 05:45 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Funny you post that, Dex, as in some preview clips they show her being setup for blind dates and her date thinks it's a TV prank.
well, it kind of is.
GoldenJCJ (01-22-22)
Old 01-22-22, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 329 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
I suspect she'd be ideal for pedophiles. They get the fantasy of banging a kid without the guilt and legal issues.

It's one thing to be short and to look younger, but her kid-like voice puts it over the top.
Norm de Plume (01-23-22)
Old 01-22-22, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Yea she's kinda cute and does seem fun and all that but yea man. I'm not saying I wouldn't but yea it might be hard to get over maybe.

And yep I feel they're just having to try and do adult stuff every episode or what's the point. But it does feelexploitative to me.
Old 01-23-22, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 274 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by hdtv00 View Post

And yep I feel they're just having to try and do adult stuff every episode or what's the point. But it does feelexploitative to me.
Welcome to every TLC show. They tend to take advantage of desperate people for entertainment value. I refuse to watch.
The following 2 users liked this post by Eric F:
Abob Teff (01-30-22), PhantomStranger (01-23-22)
Old 01-23-22, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
I suspect she'd be ideal for pedophiles. They get the fantasy of banging a kid without the guilt and legal issues.

It's one thing to be short and to look younger, but her kid-like voice puts it over the top.
Ugh, I should have read the OP more closely before leaving my distasteful comment. I haven't watched the show. Apparently she has the body of an 8-year-old? I guess I just assumed this was another one of TLC's slew of "midget" shows. You're right about her being a potential target for pedophiles. She's of-age, but has the physical development of a child. That must be an incredibly confusing circumstance for the poor young woman.
Old 01-26-22, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shauna date seemed like he was just playing along for the cameras. I dont see him going out with her again.
Old 01-26-22, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know they want to create drama and conflict, but I could do without all her "woe is me" complaints that people don't treat her the same as any other disabled person. It's bullshit. She may be 22, but she doesn't look 22 and she knows it. She was going on some crap at the gym saying "you wouldn't ask these questions of a person in a wheelchair". Yeah, and if a person in a wheelchair asked me how to get to the third floor I wouldn't direct them to the stairs.
Old 01-28-22, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
I would! Not because she looks kid like, ( never been into that) but because she's a cutie and I bet she would be a firecracker in the sack!
Old 01-28-22, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
I would! Not because she looks kid like, ( never been into that) but because she's a cutie and I bet she would be a firecracker in the sack!
Her face is cute, but I'm not clear on this: Is she just small in stature, or does she have the physical development of an 8-year-old? If the latter, yuck! Couldn't get a rise out of me. Getting head from her might be nice, but I'd still feel like a skeevy middle-aged man.
Anyway, as to the show, I watched parts of the first two episodes and decided it's just not for me. More of the usual TLC exploitation.
Old 01-28-22, 09:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.