All Of Us Are Dead (Netflix Jan 28th) - Korean zombie series

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-22, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts
All Of Us Are Dead (Netflix Jan 28th) - Korean zombie series

"It's Train to Busan"
"Zombies should be in movies, not at our school!"

Based on the webtoon Now at Our School by Joo Dong-geun and co-directed by Lee Jae-kyu and Kim Nam-soo, the new series follows the events of a zombie outbreak in a school where a group of students finds themselves trapped and fighting for survival. Among the cast is Squid Game‘s Lee Yoo-mi — who played Ji-yeong aka player number 240 — as well as Yoon Chan-young, Park Ji-hoo, Park Solomon and Yoo In-soo.

The following users liked this post:
kahuna (01-18-22)
Old 02-01-22, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts
Re: All Of Us Are Dead (Netflix Jan 28th) - Korean zombie series

I'm quite surprised that there's been no discussion of this show yet, considering it hit Netflix over a week ago. It's the #2 most-watched show on Netflix in the US today, behind The Woman in the House Across the Street....

I'm three episodes in and enjoying it a LOT.

Is anyone else watching it? What do you think about it?
Old 02-01-22, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Usually I would just d/l the episodes & subs and watch it that way. But since it's on Netflix I watch them their. So I ended watching 7 episodes this pass Fri. and the other 5 the next day on Sat.
Old 02-01-22, 08:13 AM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

It's good so far but I find most kids to be terrible persons and I'm OK with them all dying.
Old 02-01-22, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

Jeez, man, I'm still on Archive 81
Old 02-02-22, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

I love korean movies, but haven't watched a show on Netflix yet that wasn't entirely too long at 10 one-hour episodes. Haven't even finished Squid Game yet. It's so fucking looooong and drawn out. Same with My Name, The Silent Sea, Hellbound ...
Old 02-02-22, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
Jeez, man, I'm still on Archive 81

I am having a love-hate relationship with that show...

Old 02-02-22, 03:18 PM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

I have noticed that the Korean Netflix movies and shows can be quite long, the Koreans sure are patient in watching episodes that are up to 70+ minutes long (almost movie length episodes)!. I believe I am on episode 3 and at first I hated some of the kids but the show has grown on me. I am still confused why some kids get picked on to the point where they are filmed taking off their clothes and humiliated (or threatened with humiliation) by having the video posted on-line.

I did grock that some of the more wealthy students can be real assholes to those they consider beneath them socially and financially, but we get a cold open with that poor kid getting the shirt beat out of him and I was like woah, that seems very cruel and sadistic behavior from the students, what am I watching on my screen, but stuck with it and I feel the show has found its groove.
Old 02-02-22, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
I have noticed that the Korean Netflix movies and shows can be quite long, the Koreans sure are patient in watching episodes that are up to 70+ minutes long (almost movie length episodes)!.
Back in the middle to late 1980's episodes use to run about under 60 minutes. Now the run time is any where from 60-70+ mins. I guess that is way they have to load up on the product placements to pay for the cost of each episode.
Old 02-05-22, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

https://deadline.com/2022/02/all-of-...ma-1234926926/

This is now the #1 show on Netflix U.S.

Old 02-05-22, 05:24 PM

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

I just finished it up; overall, I enjoyed it. There were a few things that I thought didn't work particularly well, but when I got to the end of Episode 12, I found myself wishing that it wasn't over.

Old 02-07-22, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 390 Likes on 279 Posts

I watched the first four episodes and it's pretty good once you get into the groove with the show. It's also surprisingly entertaining for something I have to 100% read the subtitles. I did find I can't watch more than 2 episodes in a row and was surprised I ended on episode 4 and not 6 due to the length of some of these LOL
Old 02-07-22, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

After watching Squid Games (and enjoying it), I was intrigued about watching another Korean series.

And then I saw it's about zombies and thanks to The Walking Dead....pass

The Walking Dead ruined the zombie theme for me. I'm still surprised shows are still being made about zombies. It's like that vampire phase Hollywood had a few years ago.
Old 02-07-22, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
After watching Squid Games (and enjoying it), I was intrigued about watching another Korean series.

And then I saw it's about zombies and thanks to The Walking Dead....pass

The Walking Dead ruined the zombie theme for me. I'm still surprised shows are still being made about zombies. It's like that vampire phase Hollywood had a few years ago.
you owe it to yourself to watch Black Summer on Netflix. Two seasons, short and amazing episodes, made me a fan of the genre again. It's funny I was talking with my wife about TWD and never in history has a show gone from so compelling to irrelevant. It boggles the mind.
MLBFan24 (02-07-22)
Old 02-07-22, 12:03 PM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

MLB, I walked away from TWD after season 2, and part of it is that I knew what was coming from keeping up with the series in TPB format (it has been years since I kept up, and I know the series ended in comic format several years back) and did not care to watch the torture these folks would be put through by certain bad guys from the comic, it just was not for me.

However; lots of other shows with Zombies are/were great, Z Nation (comedy/drama that was better than it had any right to be), Black Summer (a standout quality show), and even this show works because just when you want to hate all the main non-zombie characters things change and you find redeemable qualities in the folks who are just trying to survive.

Honestly, the biggest hurdle some folks might have in getting into this show is that the episodes are usually around 70m each (they go on forever, lol), and it sounds like this is a 12 episode series, so that is quite the investment in time to watch. I am slow watching this on weekends and am working on the 4th episode.
MLBFan24 (02-07-22)
Old 02-14-22, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finished this over the weekend, I was surprised how vested I became in some of the characters. My first time watching a Korean show but overall it was pretty well done and added something to the genre which is surprising given how many zombie shows there are out there these days. I would say this is worth a watch but with the episode lengths, it's a little harder to binge-watch. I enjoyed taking my time with the series and watching an episode or two at a time though. I'd be curious enough to see where a second season would go and feel this warrants one.
Old 02-17-22, 09:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

So finished the season today... overall pretty good show.

But one big question...
Spoiler:
In the first episode, wasnt the daughter of the paramedic/fireman bitten in the nurses room while trying to hold down the first zombie? They even showed the father wrapping her hand/wound.
I was fully expecting that they would go back to this scene in the last episode and use her blood to make a cure, but it doesnt look like they're revisiting this?

Old 03-14-22, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk God

I just started this 2 nights ago and this show is pretty awesome. So far, this is a hell of a lot of fun. But, seems like interest in this forum is almost non-existent. But, I guess a lot of you are busy with other shows or tired of this genre.

I think it's very well made and there's a lot of suspense and gruesome attacks. I don't say kills because of course you know it's zombies.

I'll try to finish the rest by the end of the week.
kahuna (03-15-22)
Old 03-15-22, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought it was awesome, was really hoping this bump was a season 2 annoucement.
Old 03-15-22, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Reminded me of the anime "School-Live"... lots of similarities imo.
Old 03-15-22, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I just started this 2 nights ago and this show is pretty awesome. So far, this is a hell of a lot of fun. But, seems like interest in this forum is almost non-existent. But, I guess a lot of you are busy with other shows or tired of this genre.

I think it's very well made and there's a lot of suspense and gruesome attacks. I don't say kills because of course you know it's zombies.

I'll try to finish the rest by the end of the week.
I watched the entire series recently while travelling and enjoyed it more than I expected.
Old 03-17-22, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Now that I dumped Severance I may jump to this. Sort of burned out on the Zombies genre however.

Old 06-06-22, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Renewed

Old 06-06-22, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice! I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the first season, looking forward to more of this world!
Old 06-06-22, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

deleted

Last edited by Koby; 08-12-22 at 02:23 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.