Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Santa Clause Limited Series - Disney + (S: Tim Allen)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-14-22, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,869 Likes on 1,885 Posts

‘Santa Clause’ Series Starring Tim Allen Ordered at Disney Plus

The Santa Clause” franchise is being continued as a limited series at Disney Plus with Tim Allen returning to star as Scott Calvin, Variety has learned.

In the series, Scott Calvin is on the brink of his 65th birthday and realizing that he can’t be Santa forever. He’s starting to lose a step in his Santa duties, and more importantly, he’s got a family who could benefit from a life in the normal world, especially his two kids who have grown up at the Pole. With a lot of elves, children, and family to please, Scott sets out to find a suitable replacement Santa while preparing his family for a new adventure in a life south of the pole.

This will now be the fourth time Allen has taken up the role of Calvin/Santa. He first starred in the film “The Santa Clause” in 1994, which was followed by two sequels in 2002 and 2006.

Jack Burditt, who created the Allen-led comedy series “Last Man Standing,” will serve as executive producer and showrunner on “The Santa Clause” series. Allen will executive produce in addition to starring. Kevin Hench, Richard Baker, and Rick Messina will also executive produce. The Disney Branded Television series will be produced by 20th Television. Production on the series will begin in March.

In addition to his role in “The Santa Clause” franchise, Allen is known for voicing Buzz Lightyear in the “Toy Story” films and for his starring role in the hit ABC sitcom “Home Improvement.” His other film roles include “Galaxy Quest,” “Wild Hogs,” “Jungle 2 Jungle,” and “The Shaggy Dog.” He most recently starred in “Last Man Standing,” which aired for six seasons on ABC and for another three seasons on Fox. The show aired its series finale in May 2021.

Allen is repped by WME, Messina Baker Entertainment Corporation, and Ziffren Brittenham.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/san...us-1235154498/
Old 01-14-22, 12:31 PM

Received 2,592 Likes on 1,776 Posts
Re: The Santa Clause Limited Series - Disney + (S: Tim Allen)

Nice!
Old 01-14-22, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can get into this.
Especially if the original cast is back.
Old 01-14-22, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 695 Likes on 570 Posts

If itís like three to four episodes and basically movie length then sure. Otherwise I feel like they could have just done another film.

Personally I like the first two movies. First one is the best, but the second one is fun. The third one isnít very good, but watchable enough at least once around the holidays.
Old 01-14-22, 05:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've never seen the previous movies, although I am pretty familiar with them. This intrigues me though, so I guess it's time I watched them.
Old 01-15-22, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

I wondee if they'll be able to convince David Krunholtz to come back as Bernard, he was definitely missed in 3. This really only works of they can get the main players back.